chesapeake at Clay 1st round tournment

post101
Waterboy

chesapeake at Clay 1st round tournment

Post by post101 »

how do u think clay will play this one? I think the lost to eastern last night really woke them up. They are a way better team then what they showed last night.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: chesapeake at Clay 1st round tournment

Post by rockyraccoon »

I haven't heard anything about Chesapeake other than South Point beat them. Clay beat SP 9 - 0. I think Clay should have learned a lot in their loss to Eastern. They thought it would be an easy win and from what I heard, even at half-time down 1 - 0, still thought it would be an easy win. I think Clay takes this one easily being at home, but that is why you play each game. You never know.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

While Clay is not a strong 2 seed----Chesapeake cannot play with them (or anyone else).

Clay will win this one easily.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Chesapeake is 0-9-0 on the year. They have lost to 2-12-0 South Point twice by a score of 6-3 and 6-1. They played 3-10-2 Greenup County twice losing both 5-1 and 14-1. The other two games that I was able to track were 8-5-2 Rose Hill Christian and 12-4-0 Boyd County, losing 9-0 to Rose Hill and 9-0 to Boyd County.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

clay shouldn't have a problem with the peake. the more established program usually has the edge.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Clay has no problems here ... they will be ready to play and this one will be over before the half... no knock on the Peake but they just started the program and are building from the ground up... hopefully they can get better in the coming years...

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

Well hopefully you are all correct and I believe you are, in that Clay will win this one. But you never know, it's win or go home and you can't underestimate anyone. Chesapeake could squeeze in an early goal and just pack the box in and have their whole team behind the ball. So Clay still needs to come into this game like they're play a Webster team.

Good luck to both teams and hope it's a well-played, clean game!

aguy
Waterboy

Post by aguy »

Chesapeake will get better in the coming years. They are a very young team and have had to deal with inexperience a lot this year.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Chesapeake is a new program and will keep going through growing pains. Clay should win. Chesapeake will keep getting better.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Best of luck to both teams. But i think Clay will win this one Hands Down

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Valentine for Clay is 6 goals short of the season record and career record, so I look for Clay to score a bunch tomorrow, especially considering they haven't scored a goal in the past two games against Valley and Eastern.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

rocky, what are the records for goals in a season/career for clay?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

bigbadwolf wrote:rocky, what are the records for goals in a season/career for clay?
I believe they are 26 single season, 57 career.

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

Good luck to the Panthers of Clay High School!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

thanks rocky, i'd like to see valentine break em both. he's a great player.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

I don't believe that's the goals record for Clay. I'm pretty sure Jake Davis has the record and he had 20+ goals for the his senior year and I believe more than 30 his junior year. I know that the Clay records haven't been kept well for soccer because everyone believes Clay to be a basketball school. So soccer has been very neglected. I remember distinctly Davis being at the top of the league his junior year with Lower from South Webster and each were in or near the 30+ goals mark. So that doesn't include any that he may have and most likely scored. I also think Chris Robinson had 25 his senior season.

Assists are a different story. As far as I know, the single season is 25 and the career is 62.
Fr - 7
So - 10
Jr - 20
Sr - 25 Total 62

Valentine is a good goal scorer. Wish Clay the best of luck tonight!
Last edited by UUsokkr12 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

What did the score end up?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

One of the Clay players came to the NB/SP game and said the score was 13-0. Congrats Panthers!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

It was 9-0 at the half when I arrived and Clay scored 4 in the 2nd half, 2 by Shannon Curley, 1 by Valentine, and another but I don't know who it was. Valentine got 4 goals and an assist in this game so he onlys need 2 more to tie the records and 3 to have them on his own.

Good luck nephew!!!

Good luck Panthers!!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Clay 13
Chesepeake 0

Score was 6 - 0 within in the first 16 minutes. Chesapeake changed goalies and Clay scored three times on him. Second half was scoreless for about 20 minutes with Clay's subs in but I will have to say they were still attacking. Valentine got three goals in the first half, two off his left foot (right leg still hurt), and one off a header in the first half and another header in the second half. Eli Kelly scored 4 goals, but he was really trying to help with the assists. Freshman, Shannon Curley scored two, Chase Hiles scored two and Taylor Carter scored one.
Chesapeake struggled, but seemed to be upbeat about it. That is a good sign. Hopefully they will learn from each game and become competetive in the future.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb ... .541994146
Last edited by rockyraccoon on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Soccer”