Tournament Draws are today. Post seedings and thoughts.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Re: Tournament Draws are today. Post seedings and thoughts.

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Rocky, an All Star team could be made from the players in Wheelersburg's part of the bracket and they couldnt beat the Burg

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:Rocky, an All Star team could be made from the players in Wheelersburg's part of the bracket and they couldnt beat the Burg
:roll:

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

tourney draw is what it is. ohsaa directs the brackets. i would like to see a seeding approach to the brackets. only the top teams should move on to tourney. football has the right idea. why would a team that is 0-12 want a tourney game? i would think the regular season would be enough.

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

I always find those comments interesting about the elite playing only in tourney play. I saw a Crooksville girls basketball team with 5 wins go all the way to the reg. finals and get beat in over time. They played in a very tough league. They came out of the Waverly sec that had several 17 to 18 win teams in it. I know that is bball. But my kids always looked forward to the tourney. I am not from Cville either.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I agree lostgeneral, lower seed teams look forward to tournament games even knowing they face overwhelming odds of winning. Football can't include all teams due to time restraints, soccer and basketball don't have that problem.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I agree with Rocky! Everyone should be in. It gives teams something to look forward to at the end of a long season. Without the tournament they would be playing out the string. Everyonce in a while you will see a big upset! Those are what makes the tournament special. Who knows, maybe Clay or New Boston or St. Joe can upset Wheelersburg......... Now, I am arguing against myself!

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

agreed agreed... once tourney comes anything can happen... we've all seen it in a number of sports....

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

thats fine but not every gets in every tourney. Underdogs are great and really makes not difference to me. I only think some of these schools would rather do anything than play a tourney game and get beat. Maybe even badly. Kick off Monday lets see what happens.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

No school is required to play in the tourney. You can always opt out.

Return to “Soccer”