Girls Soccer Teams in SE Ohio

wemufans
All Conference

Girls Soccer Teams in SE Ohio

Post by wemufans »

who all has teams? Heard South Point is going to play in the girls sectionals instead of the boys due to having actually more girls than boys on the team. Coach let the kids vote an this was what they wanted to do.

Safetyman
Riding the Bench

Re: Girls Soccer Teams in SE Ohio

Post by Safetyman »

Not sure about the teams involved, but the coach also told the girls that there would be no girls team for them next year! He said they couldn't afford to pay a coach for a girls team. But then also heard they are wanting to put a wrestling team together for next year. Seems like to me the girls are always on the lower portion of the priority list at South Point!

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

wemufans wrote:who all has teams? Heard South Point is going to play in the girls sectionals instead of the boys due to having actually more girls than boys on the team. Coach let the kids vote an this was what they wanted to do.

Just an FYI, co-ed is only permissible in the "boys" division. The "girls" division is only for 100% female teams.
Unless all the boys are cut prior to tourney, they will have to play in the "boys" division

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

To name a few, girls programs in SEO District include:
Jackson
Athens
Minford
Alexander
Fairfield Union
Unioto
Zane Trace
Chillicothe (I think)
Marietta

I'm sure there are more

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

xb1srw2 wrote:
wemufans wrote:who all has teams? Heard South Point is going to play in the girls sectionals instead of the boys due to having actually more girls than boys on the team. Coach let the kids vote an this was what they wanted to do.

Just an FYI, co-ed is only permissible in the "boys" division. The "girls" division is only for 100% female teams.
Unless all the boys are cut prior to tourney, they will have to play in the "boys" division

It has been approved to play only taking the girls to the sectionals. I think it is great to work out that way for the senior girls who have always wanted to play on an all girl team.

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

From the –Monday, October 19; Thursday, October 22, 2009 Sectionals – First two rounds will be home and home basis. Two winners from each sectional will advance to district play.
Chillicothe High School, Chillicothe. Rey Bradley, Mgr., 381 Yoctangee Pkwy., Chillicothe, 45601-1658. B: 740.702.2292.

North: Adena, Alexander, Circleville, Fairfield Union, McClain, Unioto, Washington C.H., Zane Trace (8)

South: Eastern Sardinia, Fairfield Leesburg, Lynchburg Clay, Minford, North Adams, Peebles, South Point ,West Union. (8)
OHSAA site

Return to “Soccer”