District Championship #1 Warren vs #3 Waverly Sat. 4pm

onthepitch
Freshman Team

District Championship #1 Warren vs #3 Waverly Sat. 4pm

Post by onthepitch »

Should be a great game.....weather looks dry so should add up to great soccer. If the Waverly team that showed up at Marietta plays Saturday I like our chances. But Warren is the #1 seed for a reason.

Prediction Waverly 3-2

4Tigers
Waterboy

Re: District Championship #1 Warren vs #3 Waverly Sat. 4pm

Post by 4Tigers »

Waverly has a lot of talent on this team. However, the dream season will come to an end in the Valley. Warren 4. Waverly 1.

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

Warren 2-1.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

After last night's rain, Warren won't have a place to practice. Waverly played there 4 or 5 years ago for a sectional final and the field was like a cranberry bog.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

It's a shame the Waverly volleyball team and soccer team play the same day and about the same time. But it sure is nice to make it this far......and hopefully beyond.

Good Luck to both Tiger teams! An opportunity to win a District championship doesn't come along too often. Make the most of it!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree toast, they both played Wednesday night (couldn't support each other) and now they both play Saturday. Can they not hold these games on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Within the last couple years I tried, with our Marietta Tigers, to make both games of the identical schedule Waverly had this past Wednesday. I had the route planned from Valley to SE, but I got lost in the dark and just got there in time for the last 2 minutes of the volleyball game, and I think the soccer game may have gone OT also. It should be easier in daylight this Saturday - hope for no OT in soccer and a 5 set match in the first volleyball match-up.

If Warren would have won in volleyball this week then Warren would have had soccer and volleyball both at 4pm Sat. I'll bet in that case they would have consented to switch the volleyball schedule to let Warren play last to accommodate the Warren followers.

MHS_Soccer_Dad
Freshman Team

Post by MHS_Soccer_Dad »

Last year both boys and girls soccer, and vball from Marietta played for District Titles at the same time...cellphones were blowing up with texts. Good luck to all

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

MHS_Soccer_Dad wrote:Last year both boys and girls soccer, and vball from Marietta played for District Titles at the same time...cellphones were blowing up with texts. Good luck to all
I made it to the volleyball game, which as I recall was building to a very exciting conclusion, but a knee injury kind of took the wind out of the sails to end the season on the first loss at 21-1. And the only loss in the three district title contests for Marietta that Oct 30th!

goldentoe
Waterboy

Post by goldentoe »

Warren's D is shaky at right back and the center back can get caught high. Waverly's pace could be too much but Warren has experience on their side.

I'll take experience and Warren 3-2

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

If both the vball and soccer play at the same time the OHSAA could move the game if the administration contacts them about it. They have done this in the past for South Webster a couple years ago. They didn't change the day, but they changed the time

Good Luck Waverly!

MHS_Soccer_Dad
Freshman Team

Post by MHS_Soccer_Dad »

make sure you guys are posting updates when you can...I'm not going to the game but have friends on the Warren team and would like know how it is going. Good luck to both teams...but I have to cheer for Warren. Nothing personal Waverly. :)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Will be in Lexington, Kentucky. Someone keep us updated.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

4Tigers wrote:Waverly has a lot of talent on this team. However, the dream season will come to an end in the Valley. Warren 4. Waverly 1.

Warren might score 10 goals but Waverly has only given up 14 goals all season. They had better eat their Cheerios if they score 4 times.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Tigers playing good soccer. Keep representing southern Ohio.

TigerFan87
Waterboy

Post by TigerFan87 »

Caleb Moore showed up great for Waverly against McClain, and their D was a little shaky. If Caleb and the D are on, Warren won't score anywhere near 4 goals.

Waverly 2-0.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Both teams have their strengths; Warren ball control; Waverly speed. Based on stats, both have a very good defense and offence. Neither has allowed many goals. The differences between teams are their offence. The game will depend on who utilizes their strength the most and who wants it the most. Attitude, motivation, and spirit will be very helpful.

The first team to score wins 2-0.

Good luck to both teams.

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

update?

Mr.Smith
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr.Smith »

Warren 4
Waverly 1
Final
Good luck to Warren in regionals.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Warren wins 4-1... game much closer than score shows. Couple defensive errors cost the Tigers . Great season for the Tigers. Best of luck to a great group of seniors.

Return to “Soccer”