What soccer games would you list as the top five in the SOC?

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

neuron1
Waterboy

Re: What soccer games would you list as the top five in the SOC?

Post by neuron1 »

1994 District semi-final
Burg 3 - South Webster 2
Wheelersburg was down 2-0 with 9:42 left in the game.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Burg and Waverly
Back and forth game with the Burg winning 5-4 on a last minute goal

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

1993 Northwest vs Burg District Final this game went thru 2 overtimes 2 sudden death then the shoot out wich Northwest won i believe 4-3. Thus sent the Mohawks to play in the regionals. Another great game was i think the 1989-90 season when New Boston beat Northwest @ Northwest for the SOC title
It was great enviroment Northwest had there band and Cheering squad there .Roy Rogers Feild was packed . Great game in the first half i think it was like 2-1 one at half time then Tigers came out and scored 7 unanswered goals to give the New Boston Tigers there 4 title in as many years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :12224

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

i didnt know Northwest used to be that good....hmmm

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Coach93 wrote:1993 Northwest vs Burg District Final this game went thru 2 overtimes 2 sudden death then the shoot out wich Northwest won i believe 4-3. Thus sent the Mohawks to play in the regionals. Another great game was i think the 1989-90 season when New Boston beat Northwest @ Northwest for the SOC title
It was great enviroment Northwest had there band and Cheering squad there .Roy Rogers Feild was packed . Great game in the first half i think it was like 2-1 one at half time then Tigers came out and scored 7 unanswered goals to give the New Boston Tigers there 4 title in as many years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :12224

I believe even then it was one overtime (NW vs. Wb) with two halves but it was always hard to know for sure. It went to seven deep on the shoot out as I recall. I was not there. I was flying back from the west coast and sitting in an airport trying desperately to get someone before the next flight went out. The game should have been over but no one was home... for more than an hour after the game should have been finished. BTW--this was before cell phones had come into common use.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

It wasn't necessarily an SOC game, but the sectional Final between South Webster and Valley during the 2000 season was quite a dandy. The teams early that year had split the SOC Champion ship and both I believe won on the other teams field by a score of 2-1. The game ended in regulation tied and finished tied after the overtime period. It went to 7 PKs before ending.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Keegan, If I remember correctly, you made your PK right? :122245

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

I believe the 93 Burg Northwest district Champoinship did go to 2 over times and a maybe one sudden death i belive this was befor the rule change on overtimes i could be wrong but i know it was very exciteing game .I was there on the sidelines i'll check up on this to see if i'm right about how many overtimes it did go all i know that it was a great soccer match maybe one of top 10 games in SOC soccer history :12224

hitman2238
Waterboy

Post by hitman2238 »

I believe the minford zane trace(even though not soc) sectional final last year 2007 was a great game. With zane trace getting the better of minford two years straight and the early season scrimmage that ended with one kid being sent out on an ambulance and the teams almost a massive fight was a great teams neither team wanted to give and minford won in overtime.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Sports_tracker, For some apparent reason that year I wasn't good enough to take a PK. :)

soccer11
Waterboy

Post by soccer11 »

i think of all the soc games from this past year the South Webster @ Valley game
a good close game that ended in 0-0 tie but SW took SOC

Return to “Soccer”