D-III District Finals: Portsmouth Lady Trojans 54 vs Minford Lady Falcons 17

14U
S

D-III District Finals: Portsmouth Lady Trojans 54 vs Minford Lady Falcons 17

Post by 14U »

Up next winner of Portsmouth west vs Federal Hocking
Last edited by 14U on Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: D-III district Finals: Portsmouth Lady Trojans 54 vs Minford Lady Falcons 17

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

West should win, setting up a game in Logan against the Trojans. Kind of silly to possibly have 2 schools separated by 10 minutes both drive all the way to Logan to play. Lol

14U
S

Re: D-III district Finals: Portsmouth Lady Trojans 54 vs Minford Lady Falcons 17

Post by 14U »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 pm West should win, setting up a game in Logan against the Trojans. Kind of silly to possibly have 2 schools separated by 10 minutes both drive all the way to Logan to play. Lol
Nothing ever makes sense when it comes to OHSAA. It happens in football too!! Two local team from around the river southern Ohio 10 miles apart and drive hour and half or 2 hrs to play

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 pm West should win, setting up a game in Logan against the Trojans. Kind of silly to possibly have 2 schools separated by 10 minutes both drive all the way to Logan to play. Lol
I have seen them change when situations like this happens. With traveling, gas and students long trip. This has been planned for this gym before tournament started. If both schools call and let them know they might change it(maybe) but who knows, right? It would make since.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: D-III District Finals: Portsmouth Lady Trojans 54 vs Minford Lady Falcons 17

Post by Black Panther »

What's the exact rule on the second half running clock? Congrats on a well earned District Championship.It's been a long time coming.Best of Luck in the Regionals!

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Post by dantargaryen »

14U wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:49 pm
Nothing ever makes sense when it comes to OHSAA. It happens in football too!! Two local team from around the river southern Ohio 10 miles apart and drive hour and half or 2 hrs to play
Its not just OHSAA. WVSSAC and KHSAA do the same thing all the time where two teams will be in the same region but have to travel a significant distance to the tournament site.

I understand having a neutral site for a game, that's fair, but why could they not play at SSU or somewhere closer to allow more fans/students to attend?

dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Re: D-III District Finals: Portsmouth Lady Trojans 54 vs Minford Lady Falcons 17

Post by dantargaryen »

Black Panther wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:57 pm What's the exact rule on the second half running clock? Congrats on a well earned District Championship.It's been a long time coming.Best of Luck in the Regionals!
Any time a score differential reaches 35 points during the second half, a running clock shall be utilized. If the score differential gets back down to less than 30, the regular clock resumes. The same thing happened during the Fairland-Unioto game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Long haul for a school night and I'm thinking the game is at 8pm.

I'm sure the team and coaches are just glad they are playing.

Plus they have pizza crossing 😋

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Keep it in Scioto County, play at Valley

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Maybe both schools should petition to play at Waverly - no better venue and it’s a lot closer than Logan.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

You guys just want the parking money 😂

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

dantargaryen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:52 pm
Black Panther wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:57 pm What's the exact rule on the second half running clock? Congrats on a well earned District Championship.It's been a long time coming.Best of Luck in the Regionals!
Any time a score differential reaches 35 points during the second half, a running clock shall be utilized. If the score differential gets back down to less than 30, the regular clock resumes. The same thing happened during the Fairland-Unioto game.
Thanks!

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:07 pm Come to Jackson
NO! You all just want to rake in the money from parking. We’ll pass.😂😂

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Didn't West and Burg play at Logan last year for the Regional championship? Yeah, it makes no sense but I guess where these schools have already committed to hosting hard to take that away from them.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:22 am

Didn't West and Burg play at Logan last year for the Regional championship? Yeah, it makes no sense but I guess where these schools have already committed to hosting hard to take that away from them.

Yes, I know they already have the place scheduled but that’s not knowing two teams 10 minutes away and figured there’s a way to let them play closer.

Return to “Girls Basketball”