Post by muskiefan11 »

All games at Southeastern:

2/22
6:15 Fairland vs Warren
8:00 Unioto vs Marietta

2/24
12:00 Circleville vs Athens
1:45 Sheridan vs Jackson

Some great matchups. Anyone know if these will be live streamed anywhere?

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Re: D2 District Semi-Finals

Post by Jonjon »

muskiefan11 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:39 am All games at Southeastern:

2/22
6:15 Fairland vs Warren
8:00 Unioto vs Marietta

2/24
12:00 Circleville vs Athens
1:45 Sheridan vs Jackson

Some great matchups. Anyone know if these will be live streamed anywhere?
Haven’t heard. Hoping so as I can’t make the fairland game. If I find out will send link.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Well better than I had hoped for at half, unfortunately have to listen to this one.
Last edited by Whs95fan on Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go Blue
84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

FAIRLAND - 15
Warren - 4

End of 1st qt

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

FAIRLAND - 25
Warren - 15

HALFTIME

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

FAIRLAND - 45
Warren - 25

End of 3rd qt

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Post by 84Dragon »

UNIOTO - 37
Marietta - 28

End of 3rd

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

UNIOTO - 54
Marietta - 39

FINAL

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

No major upsets so far 🤔

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Can't count no one out but it looks like division 4 crash course with Fairland Unioto Sheridan ⚡ T-TIME best time of year 😎👍

SportsGrandDad
Waterboy

Post by SportsGrandDad »

Geronimo, you're right that this district semi is loaded, but don't overlook the girls from Athens. They have peaked at the right time and are solidly built to be tournament tough. Can't wait until Saturday.

I think they will be the last one standing.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

SportsGrandDad wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:51 am Geronimo, you're right that this district semi is loaded, but don't overlook the girls from Athens. They have peaked at the right time and are solidly built to be tournament tough. Can't wait until Saturday.

I think they will be the last one standing.
Sir I mean no disrespect, but Athens isn’t getting by Fairland. Don’t see them getting by Sheridan either. Athens has been beaten by Marietta this year whom fairland beat by over 40. Athens also has gotten beat by River Valley this year. I’m sure Athens has a great team and has gotten better, but they are not going to win it this year.

SportsGrandDad
Waterboy

Post by SportsGrandDad »

No disrespect taken Jonjon. This is the time of the year that coaching can tip the scales and I think Athens coach is one of the best in the area and will have his players ready.

Looking forward to it!

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

SportsGrandDad wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:19 pm No disrespect taken Jonjon. This is the time of the year that coaching can tip the scales and I think Athens coach is one of the best in the area and will have his players ready.

Looking forward to it!
Good luck!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Easy wins for Circleville and Sheridan

Surprised that Athens didn’t put pressure on Circleville earlier, that’s how they cut the lead from 20 down to 10 in the 4th. Might’ve been a different game if the pressure started early.

Sheridan will beat Circleville, but I could see it being a good game. Circleville makes you earn everything and Sheridan didn’t react well to having to do that with Jackson. I was disappointed in how they carried themselves, from the HC on down. A dogfight might bring that out even worse.

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

Sheridan was not helped by the really bad foul trouble . Many starters taking turns on the bench.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:38 pm Easy wins for Circleville and Sheridan

Surprised that Athens didn’t put pressure on Circleville earlier, that’s how they cut the lead from 20 down to 10 in the 4th. Might’ve been a different game if the pressure started early.

Sheridan will beat Circleville, but I could see it being a good game. Circleville makes you earn everything and Sheridan didn’t react well to having to do that with Jackson. I was disappointed in how they carried themselves, from the HC on down. A dogfight might bring that out even worse.
I missed the game, but was told Fairlands head coach acted nuts in their game against Warren as well.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

SportsGrandDad wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:19 pm No disrespect taken Jonjon. This is the time of the year that coaching can tip the scales and I think Athens coach is one of the best in the area and will have his players ready.

Looking forward to it!
How did this game play out? Sorry Granddad, but the TVC is doing nothing to get Athens ready for DII Tournament basketball play. They won 19 games, that's awesome!!!! And congrats!!! But they are not even in the same area code as the top teams in the SE in DII. Circleville controlled this game from the tip, jumped out to a 10-0 lead and coasted. Athens isn't on the level of Unioto (and Unioto is down a leading scorer and another 4 year starter and still playing for a District Title). Fairland is on another level, funny, Athens used to play teams like Fairland, why do they not pick that one back up? Athens also used to play teams like Africentric (and beat them). That being said, Athens is still young, and getting better, but the TVC is not going to prepare you for DII tournament play.

SportsGrandDad
Waterboy

Post by SportsGrandDad »

Barlow-

I have to disagree, it just wasn't the Bulldogs' day. I really thought they were prepared to make a deep tournament run with the way that they dominated the TVC this year.

I've said it before that this program is a sleeping giant and Coach K has built such a solid foundation from the ground up that they should control the TVC for many years to come. His kids have bought into his plan from the youth league up to varsity. It was just unfortunate that they could not execute today.

As to their non league schedule, they have recently hired a top notch young AD, so I am sure they will set their sites on beefing up their schedule if the TVC doesn't present a challenge.

Return to “Girls Basketball”