Portsmouth vs Reynoldsburg scrimmage?

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Portsmouth vs Reynoldsburg scrimmage?

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

How did it go?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Portsmouth vs Reynoldsburg scrimmage?

Post by trojandave »

Didn't go but I heard from one of the Lady Trojans that PHS won the scrimmage. Reynoldsburg had 4 starters coming back from the 2022-23 D1 state championship team.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

trojandave wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:10 pm Didn't go but I heard from one of the Lady Trojans that PHS won the scrimmage. Reynoldsburg had 4 starters coming back from the 2022-23 D1 state championship team.
They did not win the state last year Trojandave. It was the year before. They may have 4 starters back from last years team though that went 20-7.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

This was a good scrimmage either way , going against a D1 school I'm sure they are not bad and 20 -7 last year is an impressive.

I'm excited to watch this group of girls with the addition of the freshman coming in.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

and your point is! Toughness is part of game if that is what you mean!

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

biggdowgg wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:23 pm This was a good scrimmage either way , going against a D1 school I'm sure they are not bad and 20 -7 last year is an impressive.

I'm excited to watch this group of girls with the addition of the freshman coming in.
[/quote

Strong team to scrimmage for sure. Fairland plays them in the regular season at Shawnee State. Should be a good one

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

So what went on at this scrimmage? Things keep mysteriously disappearing.. must been something... lol. I've got no dog in the fight.. and have no clue what happened.. even more clueless about why it would be something to hide...?

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Rza1 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:36 am So what went on at this scrimmage? Things keep mysteriously disappearing.. must been something... lol. I've got no dog in the fight.. and have no clue what happened.. even more clueless about why it would be something to hide...?
I have no dog in this either. IK what I have been told by two that were there. Bleacher clearing Malay. Police were called

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Ive heard it was a benches clearing, stands clearing full on fight. Gotta wonder what type of consequences will stem from it.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The problem with trying to keep things secretive is that facts then can get twisted around and one will hear multiple versions of what happened and who's to blame. It's best just to leave it in the past and move on.

I did find out today that there will be no attendance allowed at any Portsmouth home scrimmages. Probably stemming from what happened last Saturday with the Lady Trojans scrimmage vs. Reynoldsburg.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

trojandave wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:03 pm The problem with trying to keep things secretive is that facts then can get twisted around and one will hear multiple versions of what happened and who's to blame. It's best just to leave it in the past and move on.

I did find out today that there will be no attendance allowed at any Portsmouth home scrimmages. Probably stemming from what happened last Saturday with the Lady Trojans scrimmage vs. Reynoldsburg.
I don’t understand why the need to keep it secret. If it happened, it happened.
What happens next is the most important part I would think. I believe this is not the first time this has happened in the last 18 months. Remember, I’m JAFO.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Appreciate the info... I agree ot is what it is...move on.. I jus hate censorship.. don't understand why anyone wouldn't.. and a little advice.. if seops is for some reason into a little "editing" ya may not wanna leave little tidbits and breadcrumbs that may catch a reader's eye....lol. jus nix it all.. seems a long time ago when info was jus reported... and us peons were allowed to form our own opinions... this may seem like a rant.. but I asked 2 or 3x about the situation.. only to see the posts evidently deemed "too...something " by someone and removed. Again thanks for the info

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Better double or triple security at all phs girls games. Groups been out of control since biddy ball and haven’t gotten any better
Last edited by fbnut on Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:10 am Better double or triple security at all phs girls games. Groups been out of control since buddy ball and haven’t gotten any better
Maybe you can come work security, tough guy?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:33 am
fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:10 am Better double or triple security at all phs girls games. Groups been out of control since buddy ball and haven’t gotten any better
Maybe you can come work security, tough guy?
Truth hurts sometimes bud

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Do we have a schedule yet?

Return to “Girls Basketball”