SOC

Miles Wood
Waterboy

SOC

Post by Miles Wood »

How will it stack up this year in both divisions?

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Re: SOC

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Miles Wood wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:51 pm How will it stack up this year in both divisions?
You mean all 3 divisions

Soc1
ND
Green
Clay
NB
East
ISJ

SOC2
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Eastern
NW
Western
Oak Hill

Soc 3
Minford
Burg
SW
Waverly
West
Valley

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

Yes,I’m living in the past.lol Thanks

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:43 pm
Miles Wood wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:51 pm How will it stack up this year in both divisions?
You mean all 3 divisions

Soc1
ND
Green
Clay
NB
East
ISJ

SOC2
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Eastern
NW
Western
Oak Hill

Soc 3
Minford
Burg
SW
Waverly
West
Valley
That looks to be spot on. If there were a preseason media poll, this is what it would look like.

Now the question is, can those top 3 in each division stay at the top thru a long season?

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

You mean all 3 divisions

Soc1
ND
Green
Clay
NB
East
ISJ

SOC2
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Eastern
NW
Western
Oak Hill

Soc 3
Minford
Burg
SW
Waverly
West
Valley
Valley will be extremely young this year, as their freshman class is a special group. I fully expect them to start 3-4 freshman. So far in their scrimmages they have been very competitive. I’m hopeful they will surprise some teams this year.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Alitown wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:23 pm
You mean all 3 divisions

Soc1
ND
Green
Clay
NB
East
ISJ

SOC2
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Eastern
NW
Western
Oak Hill

Soc 3
Minford
Burg
SW
Waverly
West
Valley
Valley will be extremely young this year, as their freshman class is a special group. I fully expect them to start 3-4 freshman. So far in their scrimmages they have been very competitive. I’m hopeful they will surprise some teams this year.
That’s a very good freshman class. They will be competitive as long as their coach stays out of the way 😜

Guinness1759
Waterboy

Post by Guinness1759 »

FYI, I think St Joe doesn’t have a girls team this year.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Correct St Joe doesn’t have a girls team this year. They do have a junior high team so hopefully they’ll have more numbers next year.

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

Elijah Craig wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:59 pm
You mean all 3 divisions

Soc1
ND
Green
Clay
NB
East
ISJ

SOC2
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Eastern
NW
Western
Oak Hill

Soc 3
Minford
Burg
SW
Waverly
West
Valley
That looks to be spot on. If there were a preseason media poll, this is what it would look like.

Now the question is, can those top 3 in each division stay at the top thru a long season?
I don't see anyone challenging ND in the SOC1. Don't they have some kind of crazy win streak going in league play? As for the SOC2 I see it being a battle between SV and SG all season long but I don't know much about the others. In the SOC3 I am going to say Minford and Webster battle it out for the top spot.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Bmoc616 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:43 am

You mean all 3 divisions

Soc1
ND
Green
Clay
NB
East
ISJ

SOC2
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Eastern
NW
Western
Oak Hill

Soc 3
Minford
Burg
SW
Waverly
West
Valley

I don't see anyone challenging ND in the SOC1. Don't they have some kind of crazy win streak going in league play? As for the SOC2 I see it being a battle between SV and SG all season long but I don't know much about the others. In the SOC3 I am going to say Minford and Webster battle it out for the top spot.
With what ND has returning, I would agree. And that streak is crazy, they would compete at the top in SOC 3.

I haven’t seen much from the Vikings in 2, but SG I think is missing a big piece due to a ACL

SW will shoot it and defend it, and are well coached. Minford has everyone returning. Burg lost 97% of their scoring, losing a lot of seniors. #2 is the only returner with experience. West will start 2 seniors a junior and 2 freshman. Valley is so young, but talented. Waverly has a guard returning and a transfer from out of state

One thing for sure, it will be competitive night in and night out

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

West has the most talented Freshman class in SOC3 wait and see over the next 4 years.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:04 pm West has the most talented Freshman class in SOC3 wait and see over the next 4 years.
I hear an 8th grader at west is already their best guard.

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

Elijah Craig wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:24 pm

With what ND has returning, I would agree. And that streak is crazy, they would compete at the top in SOC 3.

I haven’t seen much from the Vikings in 2, but SG I think is missing a big piece due to a ACL

SW will shoot it and defend it, and are well coached. Minford has everyone returning. Burg lost 97% of their scoring, losing a lot of seniors. #2 is the only returner with experience. West will start 2 seniors a junior and 2 freshman. Valley is so young, but talented. Waverly has a guard returning and a transfer from out of state

SG is missing a huge piece with a knee injury. It will be interesting who comes out of the SOC2. Thanks for the rundown on the SOC3. Sounds like that may come down to the final few league games at the end.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bmoc616 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:06 am

SG is missing a huge piece with a knee injury. It will be interesting who comes out of the SOC2. Thanks for the rundown on the SOC3. Sounds like that may come down to the final few league games at the end.
Burg will be very young. No seniors, two juniors, and the rest sophomores and freshmen. However, the sophomore class is good: didn’t lose a SOC game in 7th, 8th, or JV, with most of those games being blowouts.

Given the youth, it will be an up and down year for Burg.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:28 am
Bmoc616 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:06 am

Burg will be very young. No seniors, two juniors, and the rest sophomores and freshmen. However, the sophomore class is good: didn’t lose a SOC game in 7th, 8th, or JV, with most of those games being blowouts.

Given the youth, it will be an up and down year for Burg.
I agree. There will be some flashes and some growing pains. I do know that they will play hard.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Anyone have updates from Previews?

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Alitown wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:18 pm Anyone have updates from Previews?
Yes it was a joke knowbody played to win which is fine but just another reason to not have them. All it was was a money grab by a few parties.
Terrible basketball and not really a preview of what teams do or with whom they do it

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

Elijah Craig wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:07 pm
Lovehoops1 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:04 pm West has the most talented Freshman class in SOC3 wait and see over the next 4 years.
I hear an 8th grader at west is already their best guard.
She is a good ball player, Very flashy player but try’s to do to much at times on her own. And I think that can change after a while with team ball

basketballmind
Waterboy

Post by basketballmind »

I did hear that she might be the best player in the whole program

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

The freshman post Wisman(sp) is and will be the best freshman out of that class.

Return to “Girls Basketball”