Belpre-here we go again

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Belpre-here we go again

Post by chrishilton91 »

Belpre's Head Girls coach resigned weeks ago and the job has yet to be posted! Why? The word is, the AD will become the principal and he wants the new AD to hire the new coach because he caught too much crap for hiring Warren people (where he is from and still lives). And what we are hearing is a couple more Warren people will be assistants football coaches.

It is ridiculous our girls have to wait just like in football.

When is the board and administration going to get it together. They want us to pass a levy but they can't even make basic personel discussions in a timely manner.

From what I hear, the AD doesn't even have is principals license (and I know people who are certified and with experience applied). Just like the middle school and elementary principal didn't have their license either when they were hired. From what I've seen, the AD hasn't been to many (or not seen) at volleyball games or girls' basketball games because he is taking classes to get his principal's license.

The next board meeting isn't until late April and the school year will soon be over. How about thinking of the kids "first" for once...remember if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have jobs.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Re: Belpre-here we go again

Post by Fletchlives »

Still no posting I see. What fine school district. And ironic that’s it’s the 50th anniversary of Title IX

Ho Lee Fuk
Waterboy

Post by Ho Lee Fuk »

Title IX is dying. Only men plays sports soon. You see what I mean.

Me love you longtime!
Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Fletchlives wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:04 pm Still no posting I see. What fine school district. And ironic that’s it’s the 50th anniversary of Title IX
Got to find someone from Warren to take the job before they can post it. Maybe Welch will take it? :D

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

Any updates on this? I think they were doing interviews this past week, if anyone is able to confirm

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

anking24 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:54 am Any updates on this? I think they were doing interviews this past week, if anyone is able to confirm
Heard they been interviewing. Classic Belpre, schoool almost out and no basketball coach. Kids don't matter anymore.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

chrishilton91 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:18 am
anking24 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:54 am Any updates on this? I think they were doing interviews this past week, if anyone is able to confirm
Heard they been interviewing. Classic Belpre, schoool almost out and no basketball coach. Kids don't matter anymore.
Got to delay long enough for someone from Warren to take it. :mrgreen:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

I heard they were supposed to make the decision and let candidates know early this week. It's now Wednesday and maybe I'm impatient but this seems like midweek 😂. But it is unfair to the players since they're 2 days into the contact period without an official coach. 🤷‍♀️

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

I take it you applied ?!

anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

No, I didn't. I've just followed the program for several years and have a child in the district. I just don't have the work schedule or experience at a varsity level to make it work. I'm just going off what I have heard from people I know.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

anking24 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:18 pm No, I didn't. I've just followed the program for several years and have a child in the district. I just don't have the work schedule or experience at a varsity level to make it work. I'm just going off what I have heard from people I know.
It is Belpre, where kids are on the bottom of the list.

anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:48 am
anking24 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:18 pm No, I didn't. I've just followed the program for several years and have a child in the district. I just don't have the work schedule or experience at a varsity level to make it work. I'm just going off what I have heard from people I know.
It is Belpre, where kids are on the bottom of the list.

If that's not the truth as of lately. Disappointing.

Ho Lee Fuk
Waterboy

Post by Ho Lee Fuk »

Perhaps some international transfer student could help.

Me love you longtime!
anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

They had the board meeting last night, anyone know if anything was said?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Belpre actually posted last night agenda on their website but no girls basketball coach hired. So now gotta wait another month, wow. But they AD got some Warren people hired as assistant football coaches and even a relative lol. Should Belpre change their school colors to blue and white. What a joke. But on a positive, the AD showed up to his first softball game at sectional finals, but he didn't know it was was the finals lol.

trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

why on earth would any parent of an athlete ever send their kid to this school??

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

my understanding is a coach has been selected but it must not have been to the board to be approved yet. I do not know when the next board meeting will be held.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 am my understanding is a coach has been selected but it must not have been to the board to be approved yet. I do not know when the next board meeting will be held.
The person "selected" was not the name the committe who interviewed submitted. The committee submitted a person who has been an assistant varsity and JV coach for many years. However, the superintendent over-ruled the committee's decision and chose someone one who only had junior high experience. The person whos name was sumbbitted by the committee called the superientendent and asked why he chose someone else he said, "I don't have to give you a reason."

And once again, a perfect example of what is going on (and wrong at Belpre). Between the superientendent and one power-hungry board member, Belpre has become a complete embarassement.

And according to the district's website, the next board meeting (I should say rubber stamp meeting) is June 29.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

chrishilton91 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:46 am
justpassinthru wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 am my understanding is a coach has been selected but it must not have been to the board to be approved yet. I do not know when the next board meeting will be held.
The person "selected" was not the name the committe who interviewed submitted. The committee submitted a person who has been an assistant varsity and JV coach for many years. However, the superintendent over-ruled the committee's decision and chose someone one who only had junior high experience. The person whos name was sumbbitted by the committee called the superientendent and asked why he chose someone else he said, "I don't have to give you a reason."

And once again, a perfect example of what is going on (and wrong at Belpre). Between the superientendent and one power-hungry board member, Belpre has become a complete embarassement.

And according to the district's website, the next board meeting (I should say rubber stamp meeting) is June 29.
That is awful! Is the Super that afraid of the Board member? Why does the board member keep getting voted in?
I have no dog in this fight but I am beginning to understand your concerns. Maybe you could suggest that the Super or the Board member take over the AD duties and the district could save that Salary since they dont seem to be needed...lol

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Belpre could be a hot bed in pretty much every sport given the right leadership. Maybe they need an old fella to come in there and shake things up and show them how it's done. Let me know if they are interested in pursuing that. I might be able to help them out.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D

Return to “Girls Basketball”