Belpre-here we go again

anking24
Waterboy

Re: Belpre-here we go again

Post by anking24 »

Old Shorts wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:47 am Belpre could be a hot bed in pretty much every sport given the right leadership. Maybe they need an old fella to come in there and shake things up and show them how it's done. Let me know if they are interested in pursuing that. I might be able to help them out.
100% accurate.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Did the June board meeting have a vote on coach?? No agenda or minutes on the web since May

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:47 pm Did the June board meeting have a vote on coach?? No agenda or minutes on the web since May
No sir! They told someone they have the job (the junior high coach) but didn't put them through.

But good news (sarcasm following), they hired an AD that does not have any experience nor has he ever coached before (and gave him a three year contract) . And they hired another assistant principal that doesn't have a principal's license lol . The Shady City Schools saga continues!!

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

I would think that there has to be certain qualifications and certifications attained before being hired as an AD and Assistant Principal. Were there no applicants with the required schooling?
Does the Coach that was hired have previous HS coaching experience? Everyone I have talked to thought Beth Reck was a sure hire for the position.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

With summer over or almost over and no coach approved has anyone organized anything? Did the incoming coach get a opportunity to work with any of them? Not saying is has to be done, anyone serious about bball would hopefully be working on their own to get better. It is a good time to get the younger players involved and learning the differences between Jr High and High school ball.

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

I saw on a social media site that Belpre is looking for Assistant Coaches. A new hire normally has their staff already gathered and ready to take a program over. Or previous coaches that I know have. Hopefully they fill the positions and get to building dynamics between the coaching staff first and then with the players. They have a talented group of girls and I wish them luck.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Well that’s what happens when you haven’t coached above the 8th grade and your only assistant is your dad! Will soon find out there is a big difference between junior high and high school. Gonna be a long year for the Eagles.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Just looked at all the past board agendas and I do NOT see where the girls basketball coach was officially hired!

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

It's October, tryouts are in a few weeks and there is no lifting, conditioning, open gyms or anything going on for the kids not playing a fall sport.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

BEBETTER wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:33 pm It's October, tryouts are in a few weeks and there is no lifting, conditioning, open gyms or anything going on for the kids not playing a fall sport.
If true this is a shame. I am sure the administration would have let someone hold open gyms, organize something for the kids. If a coach was in place or waiting on Board approval then it is even worse. Good kids but this shows total lack of support for this program.

Best of luck to the ladies this season.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

justpassinthru wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:58 am
BEBETTER wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:33 pm It's October, tryouts are in a few weeks and there is no lifting, conditioning, open gyms or anything going on for the kids not playing a fall sport.
If true this is a shame. I am sure the administration would have let someone hold open gyms, organize something for the kids. If a coach was in place or waiting on Board approval then it is even worse. Good kids but this shows total lack of support for this program.

Well they must not be able to find anyone who meets the one criteria to coach at Belpre, which is you have to be from Warren.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Calvin wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:20 pm

Well they must not be able to find anyone who meets the one criteria to coach at Belpre, which is you have to be from Warren.
lol.. They must be in negations with the FB staff to see which one "has" to do it.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

justpassinthru wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:34 pm
Calvin wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:20 pm

lol.. They must be in negations with the FB staff to see which one "has" to do it.
They should make Welch take it. Maybe he could have a winning record for once because there’s no way he’ll ever have one in football. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Saw that on Oct 19 they finally hired Regina Leftwitch as Head girls coach and her daddy as assistant. And a 20 old boy as the junior high girls coach.

Also saw on Wood County Schools agenda that Beth Reck will be hired at Parkersburg High School assistant. Way to go Belpre, let a good one go and hire someone with no high school experience and her daddy. Another Bone head move by the Shady City Schools District.

On a side note, the superintendent finally showed up to a board meeting ( but late) from his PhD class. Priorities lol

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Spoke to a friend today and said was heading to a parent meeting for girls basketball at belpre. I asked why the day before the first coaching day allowed and not after tryouts? She said they had tryouts Monday.

Sounds like the new coach and new AD (that has never cozhes before) needs to learn the OHSAA rules. Which isn’t hard since you just get in the website.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Taken from the first page of girls basketball on ohsaa website

Aug. 1-31 Coaches No Contact Period
Oct. 27 First Day of Coaching
Oct. 28 First Day HS Preview Permitted
Nov. 22 Season Begins
Nov. 22 Non-Interscholastic Date
Feb. 4 Tournament Draw
Feb. 12-24 Sectional Tournament
Feb. 26 - March 2 District Tournament
March 4-9 Regional Tournament
March 14-16 State Tournament

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

That’s my point justpassinthru. And the AD has been heard many Tom’s saying, don’t’ worry about the rules, we’re belle know cares what we do”. The should be the shady city schools motto. Sad. Not the school system I grew up on. Maybe it will change when the super finished his PhD and get out of town.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

So I take it that Belpre will not self report to the OHSAA their mistake.
Hope they didnt make cuts or some parents could rat them out to OHSAA. Even little Belpre will have consequences dealing with this.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

justpassinthru wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:33 pm So I take it that Belpre will not self report to the OHSAA their mistake.
Hope they didnt make cuts or some parents could rat them out to OHSAA. Even little Belpre will have consequences dealing with this.
No chance of that. The young principal is as clueless as the new AD. What goes around comes around. And once again the kids will suffer bc of the inept leadership of the adults.

Eagle fan 41
Waterboy

Post by Eagle fan 41 »

Good news they got about 17 girls. So will have Jv games. The one parent has kept her big nose clean so far no drama. Pray season is better then volleyball season where we won 4 games and finished last. Good luck Lady Eagles

Return to “Girls Basketball”