Wheelersburg vs. Portsmouth West…Round 3!

123xxx
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg vs. Portsmouth West…Round 3!

Post by 123xxx »

For a trip to the STATE!!! So exciting for both communities! Can’t wait to see the crowd and energy for both sides! Let’s Go!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Portsmouth West…Round 3!

Post by smurray »

Should be an epic battle!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Unbelievable. Play it closer! Waverly or Jackson or Portsmouth

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:47 pm Unbelievable. Play it closer! Waverly or Jackson or Portsmouth
No way should this game be played in Logan. Move it to Portsmouth!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I was just saying move it to Waverly’s Downtown Arena!!!
Great parking and equal seating on both sides.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

smurray wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:52 pm I was just saying move it to Waverly’s Downtown Arena!!!
That’s a good option as well.

I get traveling to play at the Convo since it’s a special opportunity for the kids, but traveling to Logan to play in a high school gym? 🤦‍♂️

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:58 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:52 pm I was just saying move it to Waverly’s Downtown Arena!!!

I get traveling to play at the Convo since it’s a special opportunity for the kids, but traveling to Logan to play in a high school gym? 🤦‍♂️
No reason those teams should have to make that trip when they can play at a much better closer venue.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

smurray wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:02 pm

No reason those teams should have to make that trip when they can play at a much better closer venue.

This game definitely needs played in Waverly but just sit back and watch. OHSAA is all about taking care of certain schools, Logan being one of them. I’ve never understood why the girls never played at the Convo.

Should be an epic battle.

How many times we going to hear the old saying “hard to beat a team three times in a season!”
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Does it make sense to play it closer…sure. But who cares if it’s played in Siberia…both gotta travel similar distance, the rims are 10 feet, and the basketball is round. Both communities need to fill that place and realize how special of an opportunity it is for both schools!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

123xxx wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:12 pm Does it make sense to play it closer…sure. But who cares if it’s played in Siberia…both gotta travel similar distance, the rims are 10 feet, and the basketball is round. Both communities need to fill that place and realize how special of an opportunity it is for both schools!
It’s no advantage to either team or fan base. It’s just unnecessary travel to play at a high school gym. At least move it to the Convo and give the kids a treat.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

123xxx wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:12 pm Does it make sense to play it closer…sure. But who cares if it’s played in Siberia…both gotta travel similar distance, the rims are 10 feet, and the basketball is round. Both communities need to fill that place and realize how special of an opportunity it is for both schools!
More local people will go if it’s played closer. Burg and west fans will get off work early on Friday where the casual fan won’t

Sure, Burg and West fans will show up but the ones that can’t get off early will miss out where if it’s In Waverly they can leave at 615 and still make the game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:26 pm
More local people will go if it’s played closer. Burg and west fans will get off work early on Friday where the casual fan won’t

Sure, Burg and West fans will show up but the ones that can’t get off early will miss out where if it’s In Waverly they can leave at 615 and still make the game.
I talked to a board member tonight and it sounds like their hands are tied, but an effort is still going to be made to see if a change is possible.

Although, Burg didn’t come close to filling their side when these two played at West a few weeks ago, so it may not matter

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congratulations to both schools. Elite 8. One definitely to State. Way to represent.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:08 pm

This game definitely needs played in Waverly but just sit back and watch. OHSAA is all about taking care of certain schools, Logan being one of them. I’ve never understood why the girls never played at the Convo.

This game will be the biggest game in the history of the SOCII as they have never had a team make the Final four since they switched to two SOC’s. Should be an epic battle.

How many times we going to hear the old saying “hard to beat a team three times in a season!”
When did they switch to two SOC's? Pretty sure Oak Hill made it three time when it was split, didn't they?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

transplant wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:52 am

This game will be the biggest game in the history of the SOCII as they have never had a team make the Final four since they switched to two SOC’s. Should be an epic battle.

When did they switch to two SOC's? Pretty sure Oak Hill made it three time when it was split, didn't they?

You are probably right. I will edit that out. Still a huge game between these two schools. I guess probably first time two SOC II schools have faced each other in the regional finals in girls basketball.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

doubt they switch it. A few yrs ago they made them play a softball tourney game in lancaster. Both teams will travel well but OHSAA would make more money if they had it closer. OHSAA excellent business savvy will have 2 teams about 20 minutes apart drive 1hr and 45 minutes which will result in a smaller crowd and less money for them. Makes perfect sense :lol:

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Should be an epic battle.

Have heard that quote all my life. Wonder if it’s even true. Never have seen stats on it.

I saw the first West-Burg game. I’ll be cheering for Burg, but they are the underdog based on what I saw. West has great guard play and a good person underneath protecting the basket.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:13 am

You are probably right. I will edit that out. Still a huge game between these two schools. I guess probably first time two SOC II schools have faced each other in the regional finals in girls basketball.
Oh for sure, still a huge game! I would def say first time two SOC 2 schools to face off in the regional finals. Def first from Scioto County since the split. Should be a great game between the two. I would give the edge to burg, I don't think the moment will be too big for them. For West, I could see them just being "happy to make it that far" but we will see. I didn't pay too much attention during the season, were the two games between the two close?

OldCoach
Waterboy

Post by OldCoach »

transplant wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:05 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:13 am

Oh for sure, still a huge game! I would def say first time two SOC 2 schools to face off in the regional finals. Def first from Scioto County since the split. Should be a great game between the two. I would give the edge to burg, I don't think the moment will be too big for them. For West, I could see them just being "happy to make it that far" but we will see. I didn't pay too much attention during the season, were the two games between the two close?
😂 Keep on believing that

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Not knocking West at all, they have a great team. This is a big game to be playing in for both teams. My personal opinion is that some girls from Wheelersburg have played in big games in other sports. Can I say the same about West? I'm not sure. That's all I'm saying.

Return to “Girls Basketball”