Division II - Southeast District Information

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Re: Division II - Southeast District Information

Post by Jonjon »

Falcon02 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:32 am
Mc1196 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 pm Fairland plays 9 deep and any of those girls can drop 30 they have one of the top five players in Ohio, a junior that can do it all and three freshman that shoots NBA 3 pointers and have been leading scorers in several games beat the #2 team in W.V. and looked horrible but anyone can be beat but you better be strapped up when playing Fairland they are the real deal
I’m gonna call bs on 9 girls who can drop 30… if maxpreps is correct the leading scorer scores 13.1 a game but you’re saying 9 (NINE!) girls could go for 30 on any night? Come on now, that’s ridiculous.

Sounds like fairland is awesome, but this thread has basically turned into an ironton football thread.
The reason the leading scorer is 13.1 ppg is simply bc they have multiple players that could drop 30. I don’t know about 9, but they have 9 kids that would start for any team in the conference and that’s a fact. You should watch them sometime. Fun team to watch. May or may not make a state run, but that won’t take away from how good this team is.

Falcon02
Waterboy

Post by Falcon02 »

Jonjon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:23 pm
Mc1196 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 pm Fairland plays 9 deep and any of those girls can drop 30 they have one of the top five players in Ohio, a junior that can do it all and three freshman that shoots NBA 3 pointers and have been leading scorers in several games beat the #2 team in W.V. and looked horrible but anyone can be beat but you better be strapped up when playing Fairland they are the real deal
I’m gonna call bs on 9 girls who can drop 30… if maxpreps is correct the leading scorer scores 13.1 a game but you’re saying 9 (NINE!) girls could go for 30 on any night? Come on now, that’s ridiculous.

Sounds like fairland is awesome, but this thread has basically turned into an ironton football thread.
The reason the leading scorer is 13.1 ppg is simply bc they have multiple players that could drop 30. I don’t know about 9, but they have 9 kids that would start for any team in the conference and that’s a fact. You should watch them sometime. Fun team to watch. May or may not make a state run, but that won’t take away from how good this team is.
Certainly agree that they don’t NEED to make a state run to be a great team. One and done time can be chaotic. I’m for any SE team making a run at a state title though!! So good luck! It’s 60 here in Florida today and I’m complaining that I’m chilly, so I’ll just rely on your posts and Twitter for updates lol.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Mark my word Fairland is good but Unioto or Sheridan is better.. can’t wait for this to play out

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Marauders19 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:26 pm Mark my word Fairland is good but Unioto or Sheridan is better.. can’t wait for this to play out
Can’t speak for Unioto, but there is no way Sheridan is better than Fairland. Especially if Warner is still out for Sheridan. Sheridan has 3 scorers in Stinson, Warner, and Saffell. Fairland has about 8-9 who can get 10-15 every night, that’s difficult to guard. Obviously comparing scores is a crapshoot, but look at the difference between Fairland and Sheridan’s games vs John Glenn.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairland has an 8 player rotation and 1 of those players has yet to score double figures.

They are very good and undefeated for a reason, but this thread has become rough.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

muskiefan11 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:21 am
Marauders19 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:26 pm Mark my word Fairland is good but Unioto or Sheridan is better.. can’t wait for this to play out
Can’t speak for Unioto, but there is no way Sheridan is better than Fairland. Especially if Warner is still out for Sheridan. Sheridan has 3 scorers in Stinson, Warner, and Saffell. Fairland has about 8-9 who can get 10-15 every night, that’s difficult to guard. Obviously comparing scores is a crapshoot, but look at the difference between Fairland and Sheridan’s games vs John Glenn.
Unioto is very good, but was really a year ahead of schedule, so the OOC wasn’t what It will be next year. All 5 starters can put up big scoring numbers, just depending on the night. Their 6th man has done some scoring, but is mostly a defensive presence for them and is really the only senior who plays much. Their 7/8 players both missed time at the end of the season, but were back against VC, which will help their depth.

I’m not sure if they are better than Fairland or Sheridan, but they’ll play hard and Betts/Smith will be fun to watch.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Is there a livestream for tomorrow nights games at Piketon or Logan?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:02 am
Unioto is very good, but was really a year ahead of schedule, so the OOC wasn’t what It will be next year. All 5 starters can put up big scoring numbers, just depending on the night. Their 6th man has done some scoring, but is mostly a defensive presence for them and is really the only senior who plays much. Their 7/8 players both missed time at the end of the season, but were back against VC, which will help their depth.

I’m not sure if they are better than Fairland or Sheridan, but they’ll play hard and Betts/Smith will be fun to watch.
danicalifornia, do you know if they'll clear the gym between games at SE on Friday? Assuming they will?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:37 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:02 am

danicalifornia, do you know if they'll clear the gym between games at SE on Friday? Assuming they will?
I believe they will be since it’s 6 and 9

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

With games at Logan tonight scheduled for 6:15 and 8, does that mean they won't clear the gym and I can get into the gym at 6:15 for both games no matter whether my ticket says it is for the early or late game?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mhs95_06 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:14 pm With games at Logan tonight scheduled for 6:15 and 8, does that mean they won't clear the gym and I can get into the gym at 6:15 for both games no matter whether my ticket says it is for the early or late game?
Yes, you’re good for either tonight.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:29 pm
mhs95_06 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:14 pm With games at Logan tonight scheduled for 6:15 and 8, does that mean they won't clear the gym and I can get into the gym at 6:15 for both games no matter whether my ticket says it is for the early or late game?
Yes, you’re good for either tonight.
Thanks.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairland 34
Circleville 13

Half

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairland up 34-13 at the half

Most teams don’t shoot particularly well at the beginning in Jim’s Gym, but the Dragons are 9-22 in the first half from 3

Unioto leads New Lexington 28-19 at the half.

A nice run for the Panthers to close the half and get back into the game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairland 61
Circleville 23

Final

Circleville was 19-4….geesh

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 pm Fairland 61
Circleville 23

Final

Circleville was 19-4….geesh
Fairland making 14 3s through 3 quarters was ridiculous. Kids said they need to get better at rebounding after tonight…they outrebounded Circleville 35-20 lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 70, New Lexington 47

Final

Shermans reach first district title game since 2015.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairfield Union 45, Marietta 40

The Falcons put together a huge run near the end of the 3rd to go from down 9 to up as many as 10 in the 4th. They have now won 11 of 12 games after a 4-8 start to the season.

Their reward is Fairland.

Falcon02
Waterboy

Post by Falcon02 »

Sheridan vs Unioto gonna be awesome.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:55 am

Fairland has an 8 player rotation and 1 of those players has yet to score double figures.

They are very good and undefeated for a reason, but this thread has become rough.
They may lose next game, but are you a believer yet?

Return to “Girls Basketball”