Portsmouth lady Trojans

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Portsmouth lady Trojans

Post by trojandave »

Trojans in sole possession of 3rd with a 59-36 win at Gallia Academy. Not sure if Sienna Allen played, but a good road win for PHS.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth 48
Ironton 38

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Haven't been able to get any of the girls scores over the break,I'm pretty sure they are playing in a holiday tournament in Kentucky.

Anyone?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

biggdowgg wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:55 pm Haven't been able to get any of the girls scores over the break,I'm pretty sure they are playing in a holiday tournament in Kentucky.

Anyone?

Post by biggdowgg »

Thank you , tri state youth sports

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

@biggdowgg

Post by biggdowgg »

Thanks again,I appreciate it.

Thanks for always keeping the OVC updated on both sides also

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to the Lady Trojans on a fine season so far! I would like to say to all these girls playing in the high school and junior high,you show what hard work, dedication, desire and being open to good coaching. Its refreshing to see how hard these girls is working to become the best on the floor and I bet in the classroom and in daily life. Also this is what good coaching does to talented players that take the game serious. Portsmouth seems to be on the downslide in boys but girls seem to be flourishing to be the best. This seems to be a group of girls that will do what it takes to succeed. I will be watching as the future is very bright, one game at a time. Ive read where people complaining about lower grades not having anyone out, I say they must not be motivated, to be the best at sports or even not the best in the classroom or many just dont want to play sports. I would give these girls success, the credit 100percent to these Coachs for develpoing this team. I would be proud to have a girl play for them, if I had one. I bet these Coaches would be great if they coached the boys or coached any sport no matter the gender.Congrats Trojans,

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:53 am Congrats to the Lady Trojans on a fine season so far! I would like to say to all these girls playing in the high school and junior high,you show what hard work, dedication, desire and being open to good coaching. Its refreshing to see how hard these girls is working to become the best on the floor and I bet in the classroom and in daily life. Also this is what good coaching does to talented players that take the game serious. Portsmouth seems to be on the downslide in boys but girls seem to be flourishing to be the best. This seems to be a group of girls that will do what it takes to succeed. I will be watching as the future is very bright, one game at a time. Ive read where people complaining about lower grades not having anyone out, I say they must not be motivated, to be the best at sports or even not the best in the classroom or many just dont want to play sports. I would give these girls success, the credit 100percent to these Coachs for develpoing this team. I would be proud to have a girl play for them, if I had one. I bet these Coaches would be great if they coached the boys or coached any sport no matter the gender.Congrats Trojans,
Mr.Hughes was a great boys coach at Wheelersburg and Green.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

It takes from a young age a family background of support, love, discipline, desire to be good or successful, not sit in house all day playing video games, or just sitting around with no direction. Kids should be No1 in a family unit. This girls program reminds me of one big family unit , with a drive to succeed, love to the girls, feeling needed and a want to be as good as they can be. Kudos for the Portsmouth adminstration for letting these fine Coaches lead these young women. Go Lady Trojans!. This program now is the shining light in Portsmouth Basketball.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth girls Jr. High stays undefeated tonight with a win over Ironton,final score was 67 to 4

Portsmouth Varsity and Jr. High will play at Coal grove on Thursday night.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yikes. This might be a dumb question. But is there a running clock rule in jr high?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:57 pm Yikes. This might be a dumb question. But is there a running clock rule in jr high?
There is in the SVC, so I’m guessing it’s statewide…at least I hope so

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Yes there is a running clock.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:11 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:57 pm Yikes. This might be a dumb question. But is there a running clock rule in jr high?
There is in the SVC, so I’m guessing it’s statewide…at least I hope so
Ok good, thanks for the info.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Portsmouth JH girls have been phenomenal to date......and this is a team that has only 5 girls total playing. They don't have any subs, and hopefully that won't present any problems in future games. So far, it hasn't. 2 of the girls are 7th graders, while the remaining 3 starters are 8th graders. Very rare to see a team this good with no bench players. Coach Mike Hughes has done a great job with this team, knowing he has no subs to turn to if foul trouble arises or there are injuries/sickness.

When these 8th graders join the varsity next season, it will make an already good Trojan varsity even that much better. Then the two 7th graders will be varsity ready in 2 years.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Anyone have tonight score from coal Grove?

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Starts in 2nd half when a team goes up 35 and continues to run until the score gets under 30.

What was the halftime score of this game? Some junior high girls games can be really lopsided.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Gotcha. Thanks. Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth 56, Coal Grove 39........Trojans in sole possession of 3rd in the OVC. Only losses to Fairland and Rock Hill.

Return to “Girls Basketball”