Freshman Team

Player of the year

Post by 60ft »

Who is the player of the year in TVC, SOC 1,2 FAC and SVC

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Player of the year

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

SVC, probably Allison Bayse. I believe this would be her 3rd year in a row. She's a stud, and her team is winning more games this year.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

SHAC probably Leanard from Eastern Brown

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

SVC Co player of the year Emma Garrison and Allison Bayse SOC 2 Kaylee Darnell, FAC Kaitlyn Webb, SHAC Rylee Lenonard

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Sorry SOC 2 player of the year is Alaina Keeney not Darnell. Darnell is at Rio

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

No disrespect to Keeney as she’s a great player in SOC II, but I think Bri Claxon is the POY.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Yes Bri Claxon is a scoring machine. What helps Alaina Keeney is burg record. It could be CO MVP. Both girls deserve it.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

60ft wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 pm Yes Bri Claxon is a scoring machine. What helps Alaina Keeney is burg record. It could be CO MVP. Both girls deserve it.
Yes, it does help being on the championship team, but it is also awarding the best individual player. I think Keeney out shoots Claxon from the 3-point line 75% of the time, but that’s the only place I see her out doing Claxon. I see Claxon as a better ball handler, defender, and she has one of the sweetest pull up jumpers. And after seeing them both play, Claxon’s pure hustle all the time wins out. Again, not a knock on Keeney. I think she’s outstanding. From what I’ve seen, I just think skill for skill Claxon is the winner.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Most likely Mallory from Meigs high school. Definitely the best I’m a great league!!

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

Marauders19 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:49 pm Most likely Mallory from Meigs high school. Definitely the best I’m a great league!!
Mall’s a great player. Her and Hurd are both very good and I know Grindstead (sp?) is as well. Mall and Hurd have played together for several years in AAU. I think competition breeds excellence. Good luck to all of them throughout the rest of their season.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Marauders19 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:49 pm Most likely Mallory from Meigs high school. Definitely the best I’m a great league!!
Mallory gets her chance to prove she is POY worthy this week when they play at VC. Has Meigs beat VC since Mallory has been in high school?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think Grinstead deserves a lot of consideration for the TVC Ohio.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Super trooper wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:22 am I think Grinstead deserves a lot of consideration for the TVC Ohio.
She will if they can beat VC. To me, the league and the POY go through them. If VC wins, Bartoe POY.

BigCatBuck
Waterboy

Post by BigCatBuck »

Who would be your player of the year:
Player 1: Shooting guard. Can score from anywhere. 23 points per game on 24 shots, 1 steal, 1 assist, 4 TO, 4 rebounds, gives up 12 points on defense
Player 2: Point guard. 10 points per game on 5 shots, 4 steals, 7 assists, 7 rebounds, and holds player 1 to 6 points, others do not score except an occasional foul shot.
Player 3: Shooting guard. Record breaking 3 baller. 24 points per game on 12 shots , 0 steals, 1 assist, 2 TO, 2 rebounds, gives up 8 points on defense
Player 4: Post. 12 points per game, 12 rebounds per game. 2 blocks per game, limits opposition to 1 shot most times.

Rank your choice. No easy outs with I'd take them all. Your player of the year is...

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Not sure how Bayse doesn't win this award in the SVC.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:50 pm Not sure how Bayse doesn't win this award in the SVC.
Agreed!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

POY- goes thru Vinton County

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

BigCatBuck wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:16 pm Who would be your player of the year:
Player 1: Shooting guard. Can score from anywhere. 23 points per game on 24 shots, 1 steal, 1 assist, 4 TO, 4 rebounds, gives up 12 points on defense
Player 2: Point guard. 10 points per game on 5 shots, 4 steals, 7 assists, 7 rebounds, and holds player 1 to 6 points, others do not score except an occasional foul shot.
Player 3: Shooting guard. Record breaking 3 baller. 24 points per game on 12 shots , 0 steals, 1 assist, 2 TO, 2 rebounds, gives up 8 points on defense
Player 4: Post. 12 points per game, 12 rebounds per game. 2 blocks per game, limits opposition to 1 shot most times.

Rank your choice. No easy outs with I'd take them all. Your player of the year is...
Good question. POY has a lot of different dynamics. I think it starts with points. If it went off rebounds, steals, assists, etc you would see more players trying to lead those stats specifically. To me, stats tell a lot, but also who played the best in the biggest games. Who is a good teammate, a leader in the locker room, has a good attitude, team goals first, whatever it takes for the team to win, unselfish. For example if player one has 20 points, but is selfish, bad body language when they aren't scoring, not engaged, but player two has 18 points a game and hustles non stop, always plays hard, easy to coach. Id say player two hands down.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

SVC I would give it to Emma Garrison. She scored in twenty’s vs Eastern Brown, Paint Valley and Unioto. She doesn’t need to shoot 20+ times like some girls to her points. I don’t know her and I’ve watched her couple times. She seems to look like a leader and coachable as a sophomore. Adena is 14-2. Take Garrison out the lineup. Adena might be 9-7

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

60ft wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:30 am SVC I would give it to Emma Garrison. She scored in twenty’s vs Eastern Brown, Paint Valley and Unioto. She doesn’t need to shoot 20+ times like some girls to her points. I don’t know her and I’ve watched her couple times. She seems to look like a leader and coachable as a sophomore. Adena is 14-2. Take Garrison out the lineup. Adena might be 9-7
Definitely, she has a case. But based on what you said, if you take Bayse out of the lineup how many games does Huntigton win?
And she's won more this year than last two, and she won POY both previous years.

Return to “Girls Basketball”