Whiteoak plays in overtime with 1 player

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Whiteoak plays in overtime with 1 player

Post by Ironman92 »

Due to JV players running out of quarters to play and fouling out....Whiteoak played 4 versus 5 in the 3rd quarter and during the last 1/2 of the 4th played with 3 but battled from down 6 to force OT.....then down 6 in OT were down to 2 and eventually down to 1 player before losing by 11 on the road at Paint Valley

Never have heard such a thing. Great job battling girls!

Sidebar of this game was Whiteoak senior Emma Wardlow scoring her 1,000th career point.

Gopher
Varsity

Re: Whiteoak plays in overtime with 1 player

Post by Gopher »

Way to tough it out.

Congrats Emma !

Maybe time to scrub the JV and move all to varsity, I am sure this is not the last time this will happen since the season is young.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How do you play with 1 and inbound the ball?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Only a few seconds I believe

Had it happened she'd have to inbound to the opponent....or launch it off of them, establish herself inbounds and grab it lol

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Wow... never seen that before

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wow, I've seen 4 but never just 1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lexi Woods for Paint Valley had 45 points

58 fouls called in the game

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I thought once you were down to one kid the game ended. He/she can't inbound the ball to themselves.

I saw a SI article years ago where a team finished with 2 and won. hahaahahaha

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

With 3 players in the 4th quarter and down 6 they sent it to OT and believe missed free throw to win it in regulation. About 25 seconds left in OT they were down to 2 players and next to last girl fouled out with just a few seconds left

SportsGuyHCP
Waterboy

Post by SportsGuyHCP »

Here is my article from the game ... http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp ... leID=30635

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Amazing. Nice job by the girls left for Whiteoak of battling.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I guess, it takes guts and the girls should be commended for not quitting but this had to be the ugliest game ever played. If it was it was not bad officiating these two teams may have set girls basketball back 50 years. How or why do you get into a situation where you have to play a lot of the game with 3 players and finish the game with 1. Second, how does a team have that type of advantage allow it to be a close game? Had to be just awful to watch .

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

You are not allowed to finish the game with 1 player. Game is to be stopped when you are down to 1. Final

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

KRS said what I almost said last night and I thought" Nah I'll just it alone" My first thought was " man that must have been a horrible game" . What sort of team cant foot stomp an opponent playing 2-3 girls .

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I think its worthy of mentioning the rather astounding softball game between these same two schools last year ... my apologies if it was actually PV and some one else .. but PV's pitcher struck out 21 batters in a 7 inning game and gave up something like 6-8 runs ?? Strange results up in that area .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ManitouDan2 wrote:I think its worthy of mentioning the rather astounding softball game between these same two schools last year ... my apologies if it was actually PV and some one else .. but PV's pitcher struck out 21 batters in a 7 inning game and gave up something like 6-8 runs ?? Strange results up in that area .
Yep...it was WO vs PV

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote:You are not allowed to finish the game with 1 player. Game is to be stopped when you are down to 1. Final
Then game ended with 1.7 seconds left in OT I guess

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

KRS wrote:I guess, it takes guts and the girls should be commended for not quitting but this had to be the ugliest game ever played. If it was it was not bad officiating these two teams may have set girls basketball back 50 years. How or why do you get into a situation where you have to play a lot of the game with 3 players and finish the game with 1. Second, how does a team have that type of advantage allow it to be a close game? Had to be just awful to watch .
A bit insulting to the girls on these teams that practice hard every day

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Not meaning to insult anyone, other than maybe the officials or coaches for allowing it to get to that point. I think it is impressive the kids did not give up and kept competing. I was not in attendance and maybe should not have commented but after reading the post and the newspaper article I find it hard to believe this was a pretty basketball game to watch. Maybe someone that was there could tell us how exciting this game was with around 90 foul shots and playing 5 on 3 for a long period of time.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

That's crazy! But props for never giving up.

Return to “Girls Basketball”