Chillicothe girls

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Chillicothe girls

Post by boo33vb »

How do the Cavaliers look? Anybody been to scrimmages to see them play yet? Coach Beard will have them in gear come season start. Dawes, Holton, Large are key players, anyone else emerging to help?

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe girls

Post by FrodoBaggins »

boo33vb wrote:How do the Cavaliers look? Anybody been to scrimmages to see them play yet? Coach Beard will have them in gear come season start. Dawes, Holton, Large are key players, anyone else emerging to help?

boo33vb- the lady cavs have worked very hard during the off-season as well as pre-season. Things have been going very well and the girls continue to improve. As with any new system, it is going to take some time to get them "clicking on all cylinders", but the girls seem to be "buying in".

Aside from the players u mentioned Jordan and Lett (who are the other two with varsity experience)have improved tremendously. The numbers are down again this year, as there are a couple of girls who played last year that decided not to play this year. So the team is very young again with no seniors. This season could be interesting as long as the girls stay hungry and continue to work

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

and stay healthy

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Lady Cavs get the 2013-14 campaign underway with a 64-36 win at Logan Elm. Great energy by the Lady Cavs.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Great start to season for the Cavs! Hitchbone, gimme some stats cuz i know you keep them. Nothing in the Gazette, maybe they just haven't put story in yet, but its kinda late now. Who led in scoring, did Jenna clean the boards for us. I got a feeling we pressed and steals were a factor. Go Cavs!

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Post by FrodoBaggins »

boo33vb wrote:Great start to season for the Cavs! Hitchbone, gimme some stats cuz i know you keep them. Nothing in the Gazette, maybe they just haven't put story in yet, but its kinda late now. Who led in scoring, did Jenna clean the boards for us. I got a feeling we pressed and steals were a factor. Go Cavs!
Yes great start for Lady Cavs! they were led by Dawes with 24pts, Lett and Holton each had 12pts and Jordan had 11pts. Holton had 7 rebs, Lett and Jordan each had 6 rebs. The Lady Cavs forced the temp and looked pretty good at times doing so. They still have a lot to learn but a great step towards building confidence. Go Cavs!!

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

The Lady Cavs are young aggressive. Should be ok in the future

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Chillicothe moves to 3-0 record with a win vs league foe Washington Court House. Next up is Hillsboro on Saturday at CHS. Afternoon game i think so we won't miss the Buckeyes at 8 pm. Go Cavs!

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Cavaliers now 4-0 and 2-0 in the SCOL with a win over Hillsboro today. Team looks good and in shape. Coach Beard and staff have the girls playing well. Well rounded, aggressive, and skill sets look sharp. Go Cavs!

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

boo33vb wrote:Cavaliers now 4-0 and 2-0 in the SCOL with a win over Hillsboro today. Team looks good and in shape. Coach Beard and staff have the girls playing well. Well rounded, aggressive, and skill sets look sharp. Go Cavs!
Good luck vs Massie next. I think i'll listen to that game on wbex, should be a good one

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Any updates on the Cavs and the Massie game?

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

They got beat by Massie.
They got smashed by the Athens.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

After 3 tough losses in last 4 games Lady Cavs rebound with a 64-54 win over Logan. Logan shots lights out in first half while Lady Cavs light up the scoreboard with 28 Pts in the 4th quarter.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

28 points in a quarter is getting it done! Congrats to the girls.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Good job girls and coaches. Already equaled last years win total with Jan and Feb still on the schedule. Doing it with same kids too. Hmmm good coaching i'd say!

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Post by FrodoBaggins »

boo33vb- not so much good coaching, but the fact that the girls are gaining confidence in their abilities. The 3 games that we have lost we have played teams who should reach the regionals this year and aside from not showing up to compete against athens (who is a very good team with a very very good player) our girls have played well and competed hard against them.

These girls need to keep working hard and competing every time they step on the floor. And as a coaching staff, it is our job to make sure we get 110% out of them every night. If we can accomplish that, good things can happen for this team. GO CAVS!!!

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Chilli girls seem to be struggling a little but one look at schedule and the loss of Jenna Holton to another ACL tear makes for a challenging season. Time for some younger girls to step up as the 2nd half of the league now starts. I still like the direction we are headed and the roster is young so the future looks bright. Go Cavs!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Wow!!!!! That is very sad to hear, young lady works very hard! Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Return to “Girls Basketball”