Division IV Sectional at Meigs

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Division IV Sectional at Meigs

Post by Jay Bruce »

11 teams and 4 advance to district play. Post the records if you can.

Eastern (Reedsville) 16-0
Eastern (Beaver)
Green (Franklin Furnace) 2-15
Miller 3-13
St. Joseph (Ironton) 12-6
South Gallia 10-7
South Webster 15-2
Southern (Racine) 12-6
Symmes Valley 6-9
Trimble 2-15
Waterford 11-6
Last edited by Jay Bruce on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.

mhs95_06
S

Re: Division IV Sectional at Meigs

Post by mhs95_06 »

#3 seed will have to beat Eastern(Reedsville) to get to the regional, while the #2 and #4 seeds will not.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Yeah but with possible NA or Peebles as a match up in the District. This is a tough year in the D4 in southern ohio

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

So. Webster 12-2
Symmes Valley 5-8
Green 2-12

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

After a strong 9-1 start, the St. Joseph Female Flyers are 9-5.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Symmes Valley 6-8 overall.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So how's this one go? I don't know these teams as well.

1. Eastern Meigs....no doubt
2. Waterford
3. South Webster....I fell them and Waterford are nearly interchangeable but Waterford with more league affiliates.
4. Eastern Pike
5. South Gallia
6. ISJ
7. Southern
8. Symmes Valley (they are healthier now and are as good as the 6 and 7 seeds but record won't show.
9. Trimble
10. Miller
11. Green

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Ironman92 wrote:So how's this one go? I don't know these teams as well.

2. Waterford
3. South Webster....I fell them and Waterford are nearly interchangeable but Waterford with more league affiliates.
4. Eastern Pike
5. South Gallia
6. ISJ
7. Southern
8. Symmes Valley (they are healthier now and are as good as the 6 and 7 seeds but record won't show.
9. Trimble
10. Miller
11. Green
Looks good to me..Symmes could go up a spot but i think this is how it should be

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

beaverlover wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:So how's this one go? I don't know these teams as well.

2. Waterford
4. Eastern Pike
5. South Gallia
6. ISJ
7. Southern
9. Trimble
10. Miller
11. Green
Looks good to me..Symmes could go up a spot but i think this is how it should be
I think Symmes is the 7th best team but injuries cost them some wins the first half and they lost to Southern.....

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

South Webster is 12-2. Waterford is 9-5 and are picked to be the #2 seed because they have more league friends. Don't really know anything about Waterfords opponents this year but SW has only played 2 d4 teams this year and the rest have been d2 and d3. If the Jeeps finish strong before the draw do you think that will help their cause?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

digger wrote:South Webster is 12-2. Waterford is 9-5 and are picked to be the #2 seed because they have more league friends. Don't really know anything about Waterfords opponents this year but SW has only played 2 d4 teams this year and the rest have been d2 and d3. If the Jeeps finish strong before the draw do you think that will help their cause?

12-2 is clearly better than 9-5

I am not greatly familiar with Waterford's schedule but know they play Eastern Meigs twice, have played highly state ranked Clinton Massie as well. Would not be surprised if they also played powerhouse Fort Frye.....guess I 'll visit trivalleyconference.com as I figured they just had 2 or 3 losses.

Who has SW lost to? Best wins? Thanks

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks to 93bulldog for his work on that site.

After further review (or at least educating myself better)....Waterford is legit. Their 9 wins are by ridiculous 81-33 type of scores but also a 20+ point win over a pretty good South Gallia team.

Their losses?
Got beat pretty good at Eastern Meigs (the number 1 team on this site, by a bit IMO) and at 13-0 the #2 team in the state D4

2 losses to D3 Fort Frye, both by pretty close margins (IMO the 2nd best team talked about on this site) 12-1 #7 ranked D3 in the state

Loss to D2 Clinton Massie (16-0) #3 state ranked team (above Athens)

Only questionable loss was to D1/D2 (I think D2) Marietta in the first game of the year.

I would guess SW would definitely have 4 losses and Marietta is no slouch.

Playing in the TVC Hocking I like how Waterford plays a tough schedule to prepare them for the tourney.....it may cost them the #2 seed and a 3rd matchup with Eastern Meigs in the district finals, but also a good bit tougher matchup in the district semis.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

SW lost to Oak Hill by 13 the second game of the season to to Lucasville Valley early. Beat the 2 d4 teams by 20+ & 30+. Play Valley Thurs and Oak Hill next week. The Jeeps are playing so much better than the beginning of the year so those two games should be very competitive.

Hope they can go in to the draw with only two losses. That would make a very strong case for the 2 seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

digger wrote:SW lost to Oak Hill by 13 the second game of the season to to Lucasville Valley early. Beat the 2 d4 teams by 20+ & 30+. Play Valley Thurs and Oak Hill next week. The Jeeps are playing so much better than the beginning of the year so those two games should be very competitive.

Hope they can go in to the draw with only two losses. That would make a very strong case for the 2 seed.
Thanks....by watching the scores they seem to be improving as they go a bit. IMO they appear to be in the cluster of Waterford/Peebles/North Adams...a pretty good cluster. I think any of those teams would be a good game for each other....but I'd give the GUESS of a slight edge to Waterford in each of those matchups. If SW can beat Oak Hill and Valley and remain 2 or more losses less than Waterford.....the #2 is a great possibility. But the Eastern/Waterford not wanting to meet in the districts and 6 affiliates may factor in....SW is used to that dealt hand in boys and girls.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waterford is scheduled @Warren Local tonight, not sure if it's canceled or not. Another VERY tough matchup as playing at Warren has a meaning of it's own.....they have several other sure fire wins before the draw.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waterford 54
@Warren 51

That's an impressive win.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

At the half

Eastern Meigs 60
Miller 4

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern won 87-9

Zanesville Rosecrans 15-1 defeated state ranked Fort Frye 36-21

Eastern beat Rosecrans by 17

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Jay Bruce wrote:11 teams and 4 advance to district play. Post the records if you can.

Eastern (Reedsville) 14-0
Eastern (Beaver)
Green (Franklin Furnace) 2-12
Miller 3-12
St. Joseph (Ironton) 9-5
South Gallia 10-6
South Webster 12-2
Southern (Racine) 9-6
Symmes Valley 9-6
Trimble 1-14
Waterford 9-5
Beaver Eastern is 12-4 after 2 straight losses to Piketon and South Webster
I do see them staying at a 4 seed though unless they completely fall apart which I don't expect.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

If South Webster comes in with only two losses and Waterford comes in with 5 there should be no argument as to who is the 2 seed. Argue "strength of schedule" all you want, but South Webster is the smallest school in a very talented SOC 2 so their schedule is no slouch.. If Waterford gets the 2 over them then all that would tell me is the TVC coaches stuck together and screwed them.

If they have another loss or two, sure, argue it. But as of right now South Webster is (deservedly) the 2.

Return to “Girls Basketball”