ATHENS (21-2) vs JACKSON (23-1) at the Convo

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

ATHENS (21-2) vs JACKSON (23-1) at the Convo

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nothing like another EPIC Athens/Jackson match-up to add to the long list of great battles between the two schools over the years (in many sports).

Start saving your $ Ironman02 ... ol 93Dog can put away some food my friend!!!

:mrgreen:

Super trooper
All State

Re: ATHENS (21-2) vs JACKSON (23-1) at the Convo

Post by Super trooper »

When is this game?

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Super Trooper wrote:When is this game?
Tuesday at 8:15pm

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Super Trooper wrote:When is this game?
ALL READY HAVE ALL THE TIMES/MATCH-UPS UPDATED SUPER TROOPER ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Ridout and Poe stay on the court AND Jackson can secure the long rebounds (KILLED us @Athens)....then Jackson should prevail.

Jackson 57
Athens 49

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:If Ridout and Poe stay on the court AND Jackson can secure the long rebounds (KILLED us @Athens)....then Jackson should prevail.

Jackson 57
Athens 49
Nobody can be perfect in predicting outcomes in sports ... you've been right on everything thus far - which means your due to lose!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:If Ridout and Poe stay on the court AND Jackson can secure the long rebounds (KILLED us @Athens)....then Jackson should prevail.

Jackson 57
Athens 49
Nobody can be perfect in predicting outcomes in sports ... you've been right on everything thus far - which means your due to lose!

I missed the Miami Trace/Marietta prediction

I missed the South Webster/Notre Dame winner badly....waaaay off

Many much sorries.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

It should be a very competitive game Tuesday night. Both teams are playing very good defense and both are showing they have several scoring threats. In game one, which ended with Jackson winning 56-51at Athens, the teams were tied at 50 before Jackson pulled away. Poe and Ridout played very well, scoring 17 and 11 respectively. Dominique Doseck had 24 for Athens and Hannah DeBruin had 8. Athens lead 16-11 at the end of one. Jackson lead 25-23 at the half, 39-36 at the end of three. Athens was called for 13 fouls and Jackson 8 as they referees let them play. The game will be covered by Nelsonville TV Cable.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Start saving your $ Ironman02 ... ol 93Dog can put away some food my friend!!!

Sorry, but I think you're gonna starve. :122245

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Watched three quarters of the Athens/Unioto game today. I hadn't seen Athens play since last year, but I came away impressed. Doseck is a lot of fun to watch. The Ironladies will have to be on top of their game to get a win on Tuesday.

I know that Doseck, Ridout, and Poe are very familiar with each other from AAU ball. Should be fun to watch them battle against each other. Gonna be a great atmosphere at the Convo for this one.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I love it how ended up ATHENS vs JACKSON ... lots of HISTORY between these two schools ... Exline vs Adams/Stricklin ... Humphreys vs Gregory/Hewitt ... Sharp vs Osborn ... even this past football game at Jackson was a doozy ... we've had great battles on the baseball diamond over the years as well ... I'm thinking Poe, Ridout, Doseck are about to help write the next chapter!

:)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BulldogCoach2012 wrote:It should be a very competitive game Tuesday night. Both teams are playing very good defense and both are showing they have several scoring threats. In game one, which ended with Jackson winning 56-51at Athens, the teams were tied at 50 before Jackson pulled away. Poe and Ridout played very well, scoring 17 and 11 respectively. Dominique Doseck had 24 for Athens and Hannah DeBruin had 8. Athens lead 16-11 at the end of one. Jackson lead 25-23 at the half, 39-36 at the end of three. Athens was called for 13 fouls and Jackson 8 as they referees let them play. The game will be covered by Nelsonville TV Cable.
The referees definately let everyone play that game (which is how I hope it is for the district finals)....I was a little skeptical of a quick game that night due to the BCS Championship game starting.

Do you have any stats on rebounding just on the 3 point shots Doseck took?...it seemed like she would either make a 25 footer or miss brickishly and Athens would rebound and score, get fouled or kick it back to her....it was frustrating to watch.

I liked how Athens went about things against Unioto....very well played and didn't force anything but patience.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:I love it how ended up ATHENS vs JACKSON ... lots of HISTORY between these two schools ... Exline vs Adams/Stricklin ... Humphreys vs Gregory/Hewitt ... Sharp vs Osborn ... even this past football game at Jackson was a doozy ... we've had great battles on the baseball diamond over the years as well ... I'm thinking Poe, Ridout, Doseck are about to help write the next chapter!

:)
Screw those baseball games. Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If 1992 was your graduation year - I can totally understand your feelings on the baseball issue ... lol

About the game/tournament:

How about that COIN-FLIP down at Jackson during the draw ... WOW ... Athens probably feels it should be playing Miami Trace (19-4) instead ... I mean, it works out great for us fans - getting to see Athens/Jackson pt 2 ... but still, that's crazy how big that coin flip was.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:If 1992 was your graduation year - I can totally understand your feelings on the baseball issue ... lol

About the game/tournament:

How about that COIN-FLIP down at Jackson during the draw ... WOW ... Athens probably feels it should be playing Miami Trace (19-4) instead ... I mean, it works out great for us fans - getting to see Athens/Jackson pt 2 ... but still, that's crazy how big that coin flip was.
I played 6 games versus Athens and remember doing very well in at least 3 of them....but we never won and Stricklin and Izzy can kiss my butt. Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

by pfloyd » February 24th, 2013, 12:19 pm
... I really convinced myself that I needed to see at least one (or two) girls games outside the Katie Smith Era in my life time, that I needed to do at least one "game recap with pfloyd napkin stats" on the girls side ... NOW I WILL BE REALLY TICKED OFF 93dog IF I START FEELING THE NEED TO DO RANKINGS FOR BOTH THE BOYS AND GIRLS in SEO !!!! are there the same number of girls teams as boys teams in SEO ? 71 + 71 = 142 teams to follow !!!!!!!!!!

YES ... PFLOYD IS 'IN' FOR THE ATHENS vs JACKSON GIRLS GAME!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well.....there is nothing like Katie Smith so he'll have to get that thought out of his head if he wants to enjoy that talent level.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:Well.....there is nothing like Katie Smith so he'll have to get that thought out of his head if he wants to enjoy that talent level.
Katie Smith, Melissa Cooper, Tez Craft, Tammy Hampshire ... comparing wouldn't even be right - that was one of the best DI teams in the state of Ohio for three straight years.

But hey, that was over 20-years ago - I'm sure Floyd has forgot exactly what they played/looked like ... :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Well.....there is nothing like Katie Smith so he'll have to get that thought out of his head if he wants to enjoy that talent level.
Katie Smith, Melissa Cooper, Tez Craft, Tammy Hampshire ... comparing wouldn't even be right - that was one of the best DI teams in the state of Ohio for three straight years.

But hey, that was over 20-years ago - I'm sure Floyd has forgot exactly what they played/looked like ... :)
There isn't anyone like Cooper playing either...6'0 left-handed ball wizard with uncanny skills.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coop was at the D2 boys games yesterday/last night at Logan ... always good to see those "kids" ... Coop has a daughter playing in the Logan girls program ... 93dog - a person NEVER forgets those kind of teams/players LOL ... in so many ways it is so unfair to TRY to compare ANY girls to Cooper, Smith, Hampshire, Kraft, McAllister & Co. ... a great time in Logan girls basketball/sports with those ladies ... actually looking forward to seeing the top quality girls teams on Tuesday AND COMPARING THEM to the LHS girls teams of the Logan Golden Era ...

ps : I can't believe pfloyd is posting on the girls basketball forum !

Return to “Girls Basketball”