TVC Hocking

eaglefan1
Varsity

TVC Hocking

Post by eaglefan1 »

Waterford and Eastern will again be a top the league, with Belpre and SG battling for 3rd again. Trimble had a very young team last year and could also be in there at the third spot. Waterford with Drayer back gives them a chance to win every game they play and Eastern has Burdette. I think Eastern will win the title and go undefeated in league play. I think Waterford will take a step back this year after losing Emily Brown. Belpre loses Flowers, who is now playing at Marietta College and Lerch, along with 4 other seniors, but return junior Lexi Cunningham, senior Emily Hughes and sophomore Sierra Barker who all got significant varsity minutes last year, Hughes and Cunningham being the lone returning starters. If anyone knows anything about any other team or has any schedules, please post. Prediction:

1. Eastern
2. Waterford
3. South Gallia
4. Belpre
5. Trimble
6. Wahama
7. Fed Hock
8. Miller
9. Southern

n4sir
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by n4sir »

There are a couple of "good" Trimble players that did not play this year. Trimble hired Dave Richards again as their head coach, not sure if that is why couple of girls decided not to play. One would suspect that it had a big impact after listening to parent response after he was hired again. Watched Trimble play Millersport and the girls actually played decent. I know it was a scrimmage but Richards gave up on the win and his players. With just under three minutes to play, down by 6 after leading most of the game he never pressured the ball, took starters out and the only advise or coaching he could do during a time out was keep hustling. This would have been a good time to draw up some plays and encourage the girls to Pressure the ball. I realize it was a scrimmage. But that was a perfect time to work on pressuring the ball. Instead he just pulled the starters and sat on his hands for the last three minutes. Some of the starters were visibly upset and felt as though the coach just folded on them. He could have given all players playing time by working them in through out the game. Instead he just pulls 4 starters and appears to give up. Big let down for the starters. Did not send a very good message to them. Hang in their girls I know it is tough but hang in there.
Would not have Trimble listed in the middle of the pack. Very unfortunate.....

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

N4sir, I agree with everything that you said. Big girls at last nights game playing on the wing and the smallest girl on the floor running the baseline??? WTH The mass substitution has to stop, if there were 7 on the floor we could sub 6 at a time, pick the best 5 and GO!! Then work your next two in for breaks. I would have liked to see the two playing this year that did not, think that would have made a big difference for the lady cats this year.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

With those last two posts it appears we have a couple expert coaches sitting in the stands. Hopefully with the wealth of knowledge you two have there is a future in coaching for you. Then folks like you can get on here and blame you for every negative thing that happens. I'm sure that will help to improve the team.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I smell bad wrote:With those last two posts it appears we have a couple expert coaches sitting in the stands. Hopefully with the wealth of knowledge you two have there is a future in coaching for you. Then folks like you can get on here and blame you for every negative thing that happens. I'm sure that will help to improve the team.
Agree 100% . Its always easier to coach from the stands

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

I agree with that also. I spent 6 years coaching so I have been on both sides of this.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

So after 6 years of coaching experience you are criticizing a coach for not trying to win a scrimmage? And as a former coach, you surely understand that making negative posts as you did on this forum can do nothing positive for the program? Maybe you do, and that is why you made the post?

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Yes to question number 1. You should never give up on your kids and that is exactly what happened. If as a coach you can't handle criticism then maybe you need another job. Was you at the game? Don't think so or you would have seen exactly what we are talking about. Poor coaching is harder on a program than a negative post!

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I understand now why you are no longer coaching.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Anyone think the Burdette girl from Eastern could go D2 or D1?

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

Remember_The_Name wrote:Anyone think the Burdette girl from Eastern could go D2 or D1?

I heard she did verbal to Dayton

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

I understand why you smell bad and that is because you are full of $$&@!

Return to “Girls Basketball”