Who Will Be Among The Top Teams In Southeastern Ohio?

Vladd
Freshman Team

Who Will Be Among The Top Teams In Southeastern Ohio?

Post by Vladd »

Just curious to see what everyone thinks about what Teams in Southeastern Ohio will do this season. Keep it clean and no bashing any Team, Players or Coaches. I have a short list of the teams that I think will do well this year, but want your opinions. Should be a great year for some teams. I am sure their will be some other teams that come together to do well that no one expected. That is what makes High School sports so fun to watch. Thanks to everyone in advance, Vlad III

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Who Will Be Among The Top Teams In Southeastern Ohio?

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I will take a stab at D3s...

Fairland, Oak Hill, Fort Frye, Adena, Portsmouth West should be among the top five.

I dont know a lot about North Adams. I know they have one stud player, but I have no idea about their surrounding pieces. Maybe an SHL person can help me out here.

Others:

Nelsonville-York, Wellston, Peebles...Im sure I am forgetting some.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Fayetteville will have a great team!

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

I will be interesting and exciting to see how North Adams performs this season. They lost six great seniors, but they do return two starters in senior Emily Fite and point guard Taylor Gast.

The Lady Devils had a good summer, with new players learning their roles to make this team better.

North Adams' schedule will provide the needed test. Outside of a league schedule featuring Fayetteville, Peebles, and Eastern Brown, their non-conference schedule will include Adena (at ZT shootout), Western Brown (very good D-II SW school), and a late season matchup with Portsmouth West.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

To respond to the above, I'm excited for the schedule Ironton will be playing. We aren't in a league, so we have to step up our scheduling.

Fairland, Oak Hill, Ashland (KY), a possible matchup with Anna, Vinton County, Boyd County (KY), Magoffin County (KY), and two games against big schools in Miami, FL will be played consecutively. We also play Huntington High from WV. I'm very excited to see us go against this schedule.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lynchburg Clay will be very good.

Jackson
Warren
Marietta

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Peebles lost a couple of players.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Ironman92 wrote:Lynchburg Clay will be very good.

Jackson
Warren
Marietta
I agree on these teams, they will be right there in the mix. Some good teams from all poster's. Thanks for everyone's imput and for keeping it positive and for your information on your teams.

Emmit Bryant
Waterboy

Post by Emmit Bryant »

Can Ironton hang with Fairland?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Reedsville Eastern

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Peebles di not have a senior. North Adams will need some juniors Jodrey and Stout and sophmore Copas to step up.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ironman92 wrote:I think Peebles lost a couple of players.
We lost soon to be sophomore Lexie Doddridge who transferred to Valley. It's a shame she transferred. She should have a pretty bright future ahead of her at the high school and college levels. I do think we are returning all of our starters sans Doddridge. The senior that had the most impact on the team(Haley Stratton) quit pretty early on into the season so they did make it work without her most of the year. I think we have a few players in for big seasons individually. We could put 3 or so players on the all league team(Pell, Wallace, and either Carson or Brown). It's pretty easy to see that our girls program hasn't been as concrete(players quitting/transferring/transferring in then back out/etc.) as most would like in the past few years so who knows what, if anything, will change from now to the beginning of the season. I think if we keep that core of 4 together and mix in a few of the other girls who have developed their games over the summer we should be in for a pretty good year.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Looking for the West girls to be pretty good this year, not loosing anyone off last years team and picking up some other great players. Should be a great
season for the lady Senators!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

H Cremeans knee Ok for this fall ?

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I'll put my two cents in by saying the Minford Lady Falcons should be able to compete and make some noise this seaon.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

South Gallia should have a good team again this year!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Reedsville Eastern should be one of the better teams around and probably the state!!! Oak Hill and Waterford should be down a little (by their standards) but both should still have plenty left!!!! Fairland returns most of their players from a very good team!!!

Others
Nelsonville-York
Portsmouth West
Jackson

This is based on teams that i've seen this summer or know what teams have returning....obviously didnt see everybody!!!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

ManitouDan wrote:H Cremeans knee Ok for this fall ?

She's doing very good I believe and she is a tough kid to boot.......must take it from her mom. :122245

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sure hope she gets to play play.. I've always been a fan of hers. I was told total blown knee that happened 3 months ago , I assumed she would still be rehabbing .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Adena should be on top in the SVC, returning all but one player from a team who went 14-0 in league play. The player they lose was very important, but they will be very good still and have a great HC.

Unioto should be very good as well. It will be their 2nd year under Coach Jeff Miller and while they lost a nice senior class, they return some nice athletes and should be exciting to watch.

Return to “Girls Basketball”