Waterboy

Peebles vs Oak Hill

Post by followthru »

Thoughts and Predictions?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Peebles vs Oak Hill

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles has some talent and are good....but Oak Hill's pressure will either make this an early blowout or they'll pull away in the 2nd half.

Oak Hill by 24

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Its unfortunate we had to meet them this early. Good luck to the Peebles girls!

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

just an honest question tribemaniac10, are yoiu going to be just as upset at Oak Hill as you was with Portsmouth when they pressed and was up 35 or 40?

trust me I have seen Oak Hill a few times and they dont take the foot off the gas!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

BIGPAPA wrote:just an honest question tribemaniac10, are yoiu going to be just as upset at Oak Hill as you was with Portsmouth when they pressed and was up 35 or 40?

trust me I have seen Oak Hill a few times and they dont take the foot off the gas!
Im not going to be in town to watch the game so I couldnt really tell ya. It is irritating when that happens but honesty I hope our girls can come out and surprise some people and not get in that situation at all. Our boys only lost to Portsmouth by about 20 but I get where your coming from.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Good luck Ladies Indians!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Peebles has the most talented group of young ladies in this tournament. If anyone can give Oak Hill a game, it is them! Good Luck ladies!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They are talented....some good size, some good shooters, solid defense and girls that have played a lot of basketball....but Oak Hill is just more experienced and talented.

If the Peebles girls can get the ball across the line and set up their offense and control the pace.....they could give it a go.

I've heard throughout the year that Peebles lost a couple of contributors....can someone please list the Peebles starters? Thanks

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ironman92 wrote:They are talented....some good size, some good shooters, solid defense and girls that have played a lot of basketball....but Oak Hill is just more experienced and talented.

If the Peebles girls can get the ball across the line and set up their offense and control the pace.....they could give it a go.

I've heard throughout the year that Peebles lost a couple of contributors....can someone please list the Peebles starters? Thanks
Sophomore Post Baylee Wallace, Sophomore PG Alex Carson, Sophomore SG/SF Sidney Pell, Junior SG Taylor Brown, and Freshman PG Lexie Doddridge start. Three players quit that have started or contributed at one point early in the season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Best of luck to my former student Alex Carson

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Peebles is talented and I felt last year, looking ahead to this year that they would make some noise. I was surprised that they lost some of the games that they did. I think this game will be close through the half and will mainly depend on OH's 3 point shooting.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Peebles is pretty good but not enough weapons to win this one. Oaks have too much experience also

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Agree, OH with just to much talent and experience.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Time for a bracket buster, Go Lady Indians!!! :mrgreen:

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

read article that portsmouth coach praised peeble 4 guards on handling there press. IMO oak hill press brings another level of pressure and they are a deeper team to extend it full court. i will take oak hill

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

I have watched Oak Hill play a couple times this year and I would have to take them as well. If the Butler, Hale duo are hitting their threes, it could be lights out early. Their defense is unlike any I have seen in girls basketball.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

lol-u dont get out much then-lol....goodluck to both teams

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

[/quote]Sophomore Post Baylee Wallace, Sophomore PG Alex Carson, Sophomore SG/SF Sidney Pell, Junior SG Taylor Brown, and Freshman PG Lexie Doddridge start. Three players quit that have started or contributed at one point early in the season.[/quote]

Good luck to Peebles!!! They have worked their butts off. So much more drama with girls than boys which resulted in girls quitting and and ultimately hurting their team and themselves, they just don't know it yet. Quitting is so selfish. If you really care about your team and you love the game, you don't walk away...so kudos to those who have stuck it out and fought to get this far. When you are on the floor you are not a girl, you're a ball player!!!

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

ohst#1 wrote:lol-u dont get out much then-lol....goodluck to both teams
We forgot you were such the expert!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody check with ohst#1 before posting! Let's see if Fairland backs up their great regular season with a trip to Columbus. I am not convinced just yet, but time will tell.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

pigskinguru wrote:
ohst#1 wrote:lol-u dont get out much then-lol....goodluck to both teams
We forgot you were such the expert!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody check with ohst#1 before posting! Let's see if Fairland backs up their great regular season with a trip to Columbus. I am not convinced just yet, but time will tell.
never said i was an expert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but thanx:) and i really dont care what u think just as im sure no one on here cares what i think-its all about opinions-i just thought what they said was funny.

Return to “Girls Basketball”