S

Region 3/13 12PM Ironton vs. Oak Hill @ Convo

Post by ItownHosscat »

Good luck lady Tigers.

THEREALHILL
Waterboy

Re: Ironton vs.OakHill round II

Post by THEREALHILL »

I'm goin with the OAKS in a relatively close one! Ladies heading back to the Schott!!!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Two great teams representing SE Ohio. I'll be pulling for the Lady Oaks but think it will be an extremely close game that could go either way. Congratulations to both Oak Hill and Ironton for making the elite eight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oaks by 18

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

I'll make an off the wall prediction on this one.. A Brea Tackett buzzer beater wins it for the Tigers!! I see a close game no matter what.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Mark May wrote:I'll make an off the wall prediction on this one.. A Brea Tackett buzzer beater wins it for the Tigers!! I see a close game no matter what.

Maybe reminisent of Mandy Boykin at Lancaster? We'll see...I bet Oak Hill fans still have nightmares about that one...What a game that was...

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Good luck to both teams!

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Student section was chanting we want oak hill.
well you got the OAKS, however i dont believe you really want them.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The last game they played this year was a 2 point game in favor of Oak Hill, I see this one being another close one that could go either way. Both are GREAT TEAMS and one will represent Southeastern Ohio well in the Final 4 at the Schott.

GO TIGERS...........I want to see some hair cuts :122245 (some of you know who I'm talking about..... :lol:

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

LADY OAKS IN THIS ONE!!!!!!

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

whoever wins this game will get either middletown madison or versailles in the state semifinal

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

the other state semifinal will most likely be regina n findlay liberty benton

HotChickenWings
Waterboy

Post by HotChickenWings »

Slim Jim wrote:
Mark May wrote:I'll make an off the wall prediction on this one.. A Brea Tackett buzzer beater wins it for the Tigers!! I see a close game no matter what.

Maybe reminisent of Mandy Boykin at Lancaster? We'll see...I bet Oak Hill fans still have nightmares about that one...What a game that was...

Yes, we at Oak Hill have very clear memories of that last second ka-pow. Regardless of the winner, i agree with you, Slim Jim, that was the second best game I've ever seen. (1st being the Oak Hill boys double-OT state championship)

I hope things don't get out of hand. Two of the most despised and rowdy crowds are going head to head again. Two of the most physical teams are going head to head again.

As for Ironton, you guys will see a more exciting game this time. I came early to see who my Lady Oaks are gonna play. After a 2nd quarter only worth 2 points, I turned around and got more excited watching dust collect on the walls.

I hope for an afternoon free of any injuries and fan ejections at the convo!

GO LADY OAKS :!: :!: :!: :!:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I guess the students chanting "we want Oak Hill" understand to be the best you have to beat the best. :aaaaa14

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I highly doubt there will be fan ejections because you are so far back from the court. GO LADY OAKS!!!

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

I highly doubt this will be as close as the last one. By far it was the worst the Lady Oaks have played all year(they never play well at Ironton, wonder why :roll: ). Granted Ironton came out and outworked Oak Hill on that afternoon, but it won't be the same this time around.

Ironton's size and zone will give the Lady Oaks some trouble but they will shoot better from 3 in this rematch.

With that said I say Lady Oaks by 15 and head back to the schott where it will be tougher in the regional semis this time around(not that Versailles wasn't tough)

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Leaving Minford wrote:I highly doubt this will be as close as the last one. By far it was the worst the Lady Oaks have played all year(they never play well at Ironton, wonder why :roll: ). Granted Ironton came out and outworked Oak Hill on that afternoon, but it won't be the same this time around.

Ironton's size and zone will give the Lady Oaks some trouble but they will shoot better from 3 in this rematch.

With that said I say Lady Oaks by 15 and head back to the schott where it will be tougher in the regional semis this time around(not that Versailles wasn't tough)

Versailles will be who Oak Hill will be playing, granted if the Versailles do win..

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

jacksonoaks wrote:
Versailles will be who Oak Hill will be playing, granted if the Versailles do win..

I must be missing something or the brackets are wrong, but I dont see Oak Hill, Ironton or Versailles in these OHSAA brackets. I dont think I would be writing anyone off at this stage of the season. Granted, Oak Hill has a very good basketball team but Ironton has been to the big dance also and they would luv nothing better than to knock the Oaks off on the way to the Schott. It may not be easy but I think it can be done. JMHO.....

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

well i did state if they win they will play the oaks.
I believe the oaks have already punched their ticket to state, no way will they lose to Ironton. granted they did play before and it was a 2 point game, however that was one of the Oaks worse game.

Leo Byrd wrote:
jacksonoaks wrote:

I must be missing something or the brackets are wrong, but I dont see Oak Hill, Ironton or Versailles in these OHSAA brackets. I dont think I would be writing anyone off at this stage of the season. Granted, Oak Hill has a very good basketball team but Ironton has been to the big dance also and they would luv nothing better than to knock the Oaks off on the way to the Schott. It may not be easy but I think it can be done. JMHO.....

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

jacksonoaks wrote:well i did state if they win they will play the oaks.
I believe the oaks have already punched their ticket to state, no way will they lose to Ironton. granted they did play before and it was a 2 point game, however that was one of the Oaks worse game.

Leo Byrd wrote:
jacksonoaks wrote:

and once again you are writing Ironton off......

I dont have a dog in this fight, I just hate to see a team written off without bouncing the ball on the court.......you will notice I have made no predictions or assumptions, as that word assume has bitten many folks in the arse before.....

so with that said good luck to your Oaks and the Tigers and may the best 5 ladies pack their luggage and head to the Schott, and just to show you how much of a sport I am, I will be in the Schott next week-end for all the games and I will predict one thing, I will be watching a team from Southeast Ohio who I hope runs the table......

Return to “Girls Basketball”