Regional 3/11 6:15PM Waterford vs. South Webster @ Pickrtn N

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Regional 3/11 6:15PM Waterford vs. South Webster @ Pickrtn N

Post by FANOSPORTS »

IMO, it's time for one of these teams to break the ice. I've watched both of them go down at this level on this same court too many times over the past few years. I truly believe the competition is not as tough this year as in the past with perennial powerhouses Berlin Hiland (different regional now) and Africentric (different division) moving on. The teams from other districts that are going to be here are ALL newcomers that haven't been here before. This is the year for SEO to get it done. With that being said, my pick is:
KING
VERSUS
COOK
WATERFORD BY 7 (YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: WATERFORD vs SOUTH WEBSTER (REGIONAL, P-TOWN, 03-11)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ttt

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Happy to finally see these two teams meet up. Over the past few years, both teams have been knocked out of the tourney at Pickerington High School. Unfortunately, it will happen again this year. However, the folks from Waterford have been really friendly and supportive of our Lady Jeeps over the past few seasons, and if I have to see SW lose to any team, I would at least hope it would be Waterford. Not saying I want the Lady Jeeps to lose this game by any means...I just appreciate the sportmanship between fans and players over the past years, and would like to be able to walk out of the gym without having to hear "Your southern white girls can't play with our northern black girls"...and so on if we lose...

Now, with that out of the way...Everyone is going to expect a Cook vs King game, but truthfully, the winner is going to be determined by who's supporting cast steps up most. That being said, I think Waterford can go deeper into their rotation than Webster can, and that will be trouble for the Lady Jeeps.

I believe if SW can slow down the game and keep it that way, then they have a good shot. The Lady Jeeps really don't have an inside presence, but can shoot the lights out from deep. Cook will need to penetrate and kick to the open player if Waterford goes zone, unless she can find some miraculous way to get to the basket like she always does. Webster needs to limit the Lady Cats to one shot per possession, and really hit the boards well...Four strong quarters, and a win is possible.

Lady Jeeps just knocked off the #8 team in the state; now we face the #7 team. HUGE games expected from SW's Cook and Waterford's King...but we'll see who's willing to step up and make the difference in this game. Good Luck to both teams. Regardless of the outcome, it's been a tremendous season, and a great past few years for both programs. Represent Southern Ohio Girl's Basketball well ladies!

GO LADY JEEPS! YOU CAN DO THIS AGAIN! PLAY EVERY GAME LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST!

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Congrats to both teams on your upcoming battle.

Both have proven themselves worthy to be in a regional final.

Represent us well and best of luck the rest of the way.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Rooting for fellow Washington County school Waterford.

LETS GO LADY CATS!!!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Webster can't handle the press of Waterford..Cook will be shut down. Sina King will go off. Waterford will win by 20+

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

WOW thats a strong statement, but ur oppinion, but we will see come Thursday.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I remember reading comments on here when our boys went to the state tourn 2005 and again in 2006 to win it. There were many posts like classof86's (above) throughout our tourney run back then...all of whom had no way of predicting the outcome of the games. If everything falls in place with any given team during tourn. time..,that team will advance. I for one believe the Lady Jeeps have represented our little town unbelievably well over the past four yrs. and our seniors hate for it to end just yet!! Stay hungry girls!! and like I said before..you can( and I believe will) win this game!!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I agree 150% with u bbjunky81!!!!

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Waterford is too well coached and their players have too much of a high basketball IQ to give up as many easy baskets to Cook as most teams(including Eastern last night) That is if she can get the ball past half court. They mix up their full court press like its no one's business and are an absolutely amazing team to watch. Cook won't have a prayer in bringing the ball up the court alone. Waterford forces too many turnovers and I think that will be what really hurts SW. In this matchup, I'll take King over Cook. King has too much of a supporting cast for the Jeeps to handle. I will take Waterford by 15.

southeastmeigs
Waterboy

Post by southeastmeigs »

Cheering for South Webster!!! Waterford - remember 110 to 14? I do and so do a lot of others!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Who cares about that 110-14 game anymore. Id like to see them win by the same margin this game

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Know u have became a HATER since the Lady Jeeps has beatn ur Lady Eagles.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I was a hater before they beat Eastern

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I dont like what they did to southern, but I am cheering for the TVC. And its not the girls' fault what happened in that one game. They are an outstanding team.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Class86; that will cause u to have sleepless night an headaches, an its just not worth hating high school kids or their school.

gh123 I dont agree with the Waterford an Southern score but ur right its not the Players fault they still have to play the game. I myself think that Coach Close seem to have seen His WRONG an is doing his best at not smashing another team like they did against Southern.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I didnt mean that I "hate" the players or the school, I would just rather see them lose

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Maybe HATE is to STRONG of a word to use DISLIKE maybe better. Just a simple question What have they done to u that u would want to see them lose all the time? Or is it that ur just rooting for the TVC?

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I root for the TVC

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Ok that was better to say than, rather see them lose, in my oppinion.

Return to “Girls Basketball”