1980-81 TVC Girls Basketball Champion?

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

1980-81 TVC Girls Basketball Champion?

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Need some help here from anyone down at Belpre who can shed some light on this.

I have determined all the basketball champions (boys & girls) from the inception of the league along with their conference record except the girls 80-81 championship.

Here is what I have:

I know that Belpre was the outright champion, it's their final conference record that I can not pin down so far. I know that Belpre was 10-1 in TVC with only the final game with Warren to go. I also know that Belpre's over-all record was 14-4 when the tournament drawing was made.

I know that Belpre ended their season at 15-6, so they had to lose 2 of their final three games. I know they won one tournament game, but I can't remember who it was, but they had to lose 2 of their last 3, ergo they must have lost to Warren in the final game which would make their final TVC record 10-2.

Anybody know if I am right? Someone down in Belpre knows for sure. How about you Mister B?

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Re: 1980-81 TVC Girls Basketball Champion?

Post by gobrowns »

Warren beat Belpre the last game of the season. Warren's team that year had the longest losing streak in school history. The following three years Warren won the TVC recording a 20-0 season in 83-84. The only undefeated season ever for the Lady Warriors. Coach B put a lot of faith in younger players in 80-81 that paid off in later years.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

gobrowns,

Thanks a lot for that info. That is what I thought happened but did not know for sure. Again, thanks.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Meigs beat Belpre 49-37 in the first round of Sectional play that year. Also Meigs beat Belpre 42-33 in a regular season contest.

Return to “Girls Basketball”