Waterboy

SHL Scores and Standings

Post by SHLDAD »

What is every one's SHL picks be for the season starts

boomer633
Varsity

Re: SHL picks

Post by boomer633 »

In the big school division I expect it to be a 3 horse race again between Eastern Brown, Lynchburg, and North Adams. I'd give a slight edge to Eastern. The Christina Burns and Rachel Mullens tandem is going to be tough to handle in the post, they have good guard play, plus superb coaching. Lynchburg loses the Lewis girl but has the Hatten girl back and a good supporting cast. I think North Adams will be better than last year. They have one of the best players in the league in Karli Beasley and she will have plenty of help from the younger players. Keep an eye on freshman Emily Fite as she looks to be an impact player. I don't know who all Ripley lost but they were good last year and could make an impact again this year. West Union will struggle again.
Fayetteville is my favorite in the small school division. Shelby Sheets is a tremendous player and has a very good supporting cast. After that it's hard to tell. Fairfield has a very good player in Chelsea Riddle, if their guard play improves from last year they could be a threat to Fayetteville. Peebles has a new coach but I think they are still a year or two away from competing for the top spot. Manchester has a new coach and a very good player in Katie Little but until they have better post play they will continue to struggle. Whiteoak is a young team and I think they will be better this year but will still struggle.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SHL 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak has young players....but I'm guessing 3 seniors, a junior and a letter returning sophomore will start.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Good luck Lady Dragons...I believe they will more games this season then last year.

letemplay
Waterboy

Post by letemplay »

While I do agree that Karli Beasley is one of the best players in the league, I would have to disagree with boomer about how much the younger players for North Adams are going to help. I have heard that there is a lot of controversy over who the coach gives playing time to. I know that last year there were two freshman who should have gotten much more playing time than the one freshman he did let play and even start! Not sure how Emily Fite will do as a post player either, since she has always played point guard and I'm sure he's not going to give her THAT position!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

I'm not sure what the controversy could be given they have yet to play a game. Last season there were 8 varsity players who saw significant playing time, 2 seniors, 1 junior, 3 sophomores, and 2 freshmen (I thought the best 2 freshmen were brought up based on the needs of the team). I was at every game and the playing time was pretty evenly split among the 7 with the exception being Beasley but I think most can understand why that would be. Both freshmen played fairly equal minutes as did the sophomores and seniors. You might question who started based on statistics but playing time was pretty evenly split IMO.
Based on what I saw this summer I see no problem with Fite playing inside. She has the strength and size to do well there along with Copas and Debord.
No matter what Coach Davis does he is going to draw criticism whether fair or unfair and he is certainly not going to make everyone happy. Hopefully it doesn't get to the point that it takes away from what could be a very promising season.

bevo86
Waterboy

Post by bevo86 »

Emily Fite will be fine at any position. She has very good post moves for a guard. She will be able to adjust to playing inside with no problem.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

letemplay wrote:While I do agree that Karli Beasley is one of the best players in the league, I would have to disagree with boomer about how much the younger players for North Adams are going to help. I have heard that there is a lot of controversy over who the coach gives playing time to. I know that last year there were two freshman who should have gotten much more playing time than the one freshman he did let play and even start! Not sure how Emily Fite will do as a post player either, since she has always played point guard and I'm sure he's not going to give her THAT position!

WOW!!! I wish people knew what they were talking about before they post on here, but I guess that is your right. It just makes you look pretty silly when you say stuff that is not even close to being true.

I do agree with one thing letemplay, Karli is a very good player and will help lead this team to very good things. Other than that, you are CLUELESS!!!!!

Being pretty close to the program :122249 , I haven't heard of ANY controversy whatsoever! Yeah, there might be a jealous parent or so that has their own opinion about how things should be done, but that is going to happen in any program no matter what is done by the coach. Parents always think their child is the best player on the team.

First, the point guard position is VERY VERY secure by a very good point guard. The decision that was made to bring this particular young lady up to play that position was made by the WHOLE coaching staff not just the head man (Although as it should be he does get final say). Next as Boomer said I am not sure what you are talking about with the freshman, but have an idea and what was done in that situation was done correctly.

Finally, Emily Fite is an OUTSTANDING player. She is probably one of the better YOUNG players I have seen in a while. Emily did play point in junior high, but she did not play it exclusively. She played many other positions including inside. But again as Boomer said the season just started and NO decisions about where anyone is going to play is decided, although I am sure Rob has ideas. In my opinion Emily will probably play many positions from post to shooting guard to point guard because she is capable of that.

As long as outsiders, parents and just plain fans alike, will allow the coaching staff and players to do the jobs they are very capable of doing, North Adams will be one of the elite programs in the SHL this year. It will be a great season to be a Lady Devils fan!!!

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Letemplay, your funny i hope you keep posting to keep us all laughing this season.

NUTS&BOLTS
Waterboy

Post by NUTS&BOLTS »

whiteoak is the team to beat

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

NUTS&BOLTS wrote:whiteoak is the team to beat

I love the positive outlook for Whiteoak and best of luck to them. But.......and no offense intended at all.......Did they get a transfer in from another school? If they didn't, then your prediction is a little out there. Good luck to Whiteoak though!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

NUTS&BOLTS is always thinking positive. ;-)

bwalker
Riding the Bench

Post by bwalker »

Good luck to Whiteoak this year...having helped coach that group for six years I wish them nothing but the best and an improved season.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

bwalker wrote:Good luck to Whiteoak this year...having helped coach that group for six years I wish them nothing but the best and an improved season.

I will miss our battles this year my friend!! ;-) Hope everything is going well for you!!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

I'd also predict Fite will be their second leading scorer this season.
Last edited by boomer633 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

boomer633 wrote:After watching North Adams play the first two scrimmages I'd say there may well be some controversy this season. I'd also predict Fite will be their second leading scorer this season.

Define controversy. I would be interested to see what you think the controversy is.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

slamdunk wrote:
boomer633 wrote:After watching North Adams play the first two scrimmages I'd say there may well be some controversy this season. I'd also predict Fite will be their second leading scorer this season.

Define controversy. I would be interested to see what you think the controversy is.

Check your pm's.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

I'd agree w/this statement, she may even lead them this year. Complete player for being only a frosh.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Good start for NA. Congrats Karli on getting your 1000th point.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Good Luck to the Lady Rockets! Go Shelby and Coach Sheets

Return to “Girls Basketball”