SOC2 Scores and Standings

Who will be the Champions?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Total votes: 0

bball fan123
Freshman Team

SOC2 Scores and Standings

Post by bball fan123 »

who's gonna win this SOC II this year? early predictions anyone?

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 2: Early Predictions?

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Oakhill has it this year and should have it for the next 2 after that. They have a fantastic team. Good luck to them and everyone else this year.

bballinfool
Waterboy

Post by bballinfool »

Oak Hill returns their top seven players from a team that lost in state finals last year. They should be the top ranked team in the state to begin this year and yet 4 of 11 think West will be the SOC champ. I must have missed something...

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Although Ports. West will be remarkably better, I think that you people are putting just a bit to much on those freshman. Yes they did a great job in junior high, but Oak Hill's 8th grade hung with them last year and in no way is Oak Hill's 8th grade (now freshman) as good as what Ports West will be seeing at the high school level.

In fact I think that they will have a hard time getting second. Valley is going to be very tough, Minford will still be good (hard to replace those seniors though), Cook will carry Webster to a lot of wins on her own. This is the way I see it

1. Oak Hill
2. Valley
3. South Webster
4. Portsmouth West
5. Minford
6. Wheelersburg
7. Northwest
8. Waverly

Oak Hill will win the league. All of the other teams 2-6 could move around 2 spots or so.

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

I agree about Oak Hill, they are the team to beat...but after that I believe it is a toss up..Chaney has his system there for the second straight year, it will depend on how this years jr's play out and who has truly worked on their game...Valley will be there they had that good freshman last year, who has a year under her belt..SW they have Kayla Cook and some really tall post players coming in, but will be just Kayla? West, well I think Coach Maynard needs another yr or two to challenge..It is hard as freshman to move up and complete, you do the rare player, but it is hard...doesn't burg have a new transfer into their system??? It will be a very competitive season for the number 2 spot...

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Oak Hill does return their top seven player an will be VERY VERY tough to contain, But from what i have read in the other posts pretty much very one is not giving South Webster much concern an thinking that is just going to be all Kayla an she will be a very big part of the team plays, but u also have to keep in mind that they have alot of experience an some very good freshman coming in. Good Luck to EVERYONE this season an a safe one!

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

agree with some. devan scarberry will be hard to match up with this year. hAs size and can shoot the 3. could be a break out year. i might even go higher with them than west.

1. Oak hill
2. Valley
3. South Webster
4. minford
5. Wheelersburg
6. West
7. Northwest
8. Waverly

buckdowninOtown
Waterboy

Post by buckdowninOtown »

I think the Lady Oaks will win it all this year. I dont think anyone can stop the AMAZING duo of Karissa Adkins and Rebecca Puckett

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Re: SOC2 09-2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by daluvofallsports »

i will agree with you but the lady oaks has more than a duo. lady oaks has about 6 amazing players that will help take the soc 2. i went to watch the oaks at some shootouts over the summer and lady oaks still taking wins with some of their top players missing and playing with 7th and 8th graders. now that was impressive. not sure of the talent of other soc 2 teams this year or how many each team lost. i do see the oaks on top again this year. good luck to all soc 2 teams. it may be a little boring this year with the blowouts so i may have to spread my list of games out more this year.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

daluvofallsports are you sure this is correct? I am positive that 7th and 8th graders are not allowed to play with the high school teams now. It is against the OHSAA by-laws. I am sure Coach Hale would not take a chance on making a mistake like this. No matter how sucessful he is it seems someone is always trying to put him down. Nobody likes a winner is my guess. Good luck to the O.H. Oaks

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

birdman i know what i saw and they did play with the high school team and did a great job. not sure of the ohsaa laws but sure coach hale knows all about the laws and would not do anything to jeopardize his lady oaks. i wasn't putting him down only making a statement of how well they played without some of his main players. read my post again and maybe you will figure out that i said they will take the soc. your statement of nobody likes a winner makes you sound like an @#!. sorry i gave your lady oaks compliments and you can take over from here on out.

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

This is the rule from the OHSAA website. Have no idea if this means during a certain time or what but could somebody explain.

34.3) 7th & 8th grade students may not practice with, participate on the same team with or compete against 9th through 12th grade students.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

sportsfan9572 wrote:This is the rule from the OHSAA website. Have no idea if this means during a certain time or what but could somebody explain.

34.3) 7th & 8th grade students may not practice with, participate on the same team with or compete against 9th through 12th grade students.

It means at no time 7th & 8TH graders can practice, participate with or compete against 9th-12th graders. No certain time to it Its any time I know it might be done at certain camps at times but its against OHSSA rules

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

1) Oak Hill (They are the best team right now)
2) South Webster (Solid Program,Underated Coach)
3) The Burg ( Solid Program,Solid Coach)
4) Valley (A lot of Talent, big things to come)
5) Minford (Still a solid team)
6) West (Up and coming program)
7) Northwest (Needs work!)
8 Waverly (Needs MAJOR work!!)
Last edited by Black Panther on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CrazzyG
Waterboy

Post by CrazzyG »

I would love to see my LADY FALCONS win the SOC!

Oak Hill will win without a doubt. They have so much talent and depth.

I wouldn't look past Valley though! They had a close one last year with Oak Hill. I also believe they are returning all their starters?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Minford will be better than people think this season. Justice is the real deal at the point and Donahoe can flat play the D.

Oak Hill should dominate the league, with Valley, Webster, and Minford battling for 2nd.

buckdowninOtown
Waterboy

Post by buckdowninOtown »

minford101 wrote:Its pretty sad when, someone gets on here and talks about themselves haha!!
Like noone knows thats there name. :lol:

obviously you dont because i am neither of them :lol: idiot :lol:

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I think people are overlooking The Lady Jeeps and Burg. I think they will give a good push to Oak Hill, even though on paper I believe Oak HIll will win out the SOC2 but you never know about those teams hungry for the title. This is going to be a great season for girls basketball in the SOC2 and it wont be easy for anyone...

NUTS&BOLTS
Waterboy

Post by NUTS&BOLTS »

This is the waverly tigers year

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

NUTS&BOLTS wrote:This is the waverly tigers year

I hope so...We'll have to check out a couple games...

Return to “Girls Basketball”