McClain 68 Unioto 58-Final

beaverlover
SE

McClain 68 Unioto 58-Final

Post by beaverlover »

As reported on WKKJ.....Shermans undefeated season ends.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: McClain 68 Unioto 58-Final

Post by Black Panther »

Good to hear...Congrats McClain!!!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

The bad karma finally caught up with Unioto.After losing Ray for the year and all. Better luck next year..And get well Shiann.
Last edited by Slim Jim on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

With a healthy Shiann they beat McClain. It happens, God knows we've had enough bad luck with injuries here, so we know all about bad karma.And ironically enough Shiann used to be a Lady Cav.Get well Shiann.

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

From my vantage point, I saw a great game by both teams. It was awesome to watch the coaches as well as the players on the floor. Good luck next week to the McClain Tigers. I think if you play like you did today, you can go all the way to the State!!! I also enjoyed talking to your baseball coach and A.D. during the game.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I agree, McClain very well could.. I also think if Ray were healthy Unioto could have possibly been state bound too.Best wishes the Ray in her recovery as well...

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Here is a link from SVCsportszone.com

http://www.svcsportszone.com/uniotogirlsconvo.html

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Another game where I got to see both teams for the first time. First, both teams, your fans are great! What support, you folks deserve some credit for your program's success. As an unbiased observer, this was a very fun game to watch.

Unioto has a very, very nice team, and some talented players. Looking at their "tenure", you are going to have some very nice teams for a few years to come.

And, the coaching was a blast to watch. At times, it was almost like a chess match, but alot more exciting! I enjoyed the animation of both coaches, and the support of the kids on the bench.

I have to really give kudos to McClain, what a disciplined approach to this game. Your patience on offense, and execution, were the difference in this game. Wow, a couple of players, #22 and #25, really stepped up in terms of handling the press that Unioto was trying, and #11, what a nice game for McClain.

Thanks to both teams for making my afternoon a little more enjoyable, and entertaining. Congrats to both squads, and good luck to McClain.

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

McClain played a whale of a game - they did everything they needed and made every shot when they had to.

It will definitely take another effort like that tonight to continue on. Best of luck to the Lady Tigers ! From my seat, the Unioto press is a mere shadow of what it was without S. Ray, and there was just nowhere to hide the big girl. McClain did a great job picking on her all night by shooting outside when she didn't come out, then going to the basket when she did.

It would seem the chief way to offset that disadvantage is to make 'em pay on the offensive end - and she seemed to have tremendous difficulty getting open and then catching the ball when they passed it to her. That's a problem I have noticed several times in the tournament games. It's a long season - and she's a big lady. I wonder if she was just out of gas ? She will definitely need to step it up if the Shermans are to be as good next year.

Best of luck to McClain. We'll see how the Shermans replace a couple of very big contributors in S. Ray and their defensive stopper T. Corcoran. Athletes and defensive stoppers are hard to come by.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Congrats to McClain on the win on Saturday and the great season that they had. They dropped tonight's game to River View 37-29 and it was a back and forth game until the 4th.

Congrats to the Unioto girls on a fantastic season and to the 3 seniors on great careers!

Return to “Girls Basketball”