Attendance at the Convo for the Girls!

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Attendance at the Convo for the Girls!

Post by tossithigh »

Anyone care to comment on the attendance at the Convo for the girls' District games today??? :?: Topics have been posted with the final scores but no one mentioned the attendance.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Attendance at the Convo for the Girls!

Post by Steely Dan »

For the games that I attended, here's what I can tell you.

Waterford and Lucasville Valley - Huge crowd. Waterford had a crowd that just about equaled Unioto's. More on that later. Waterfords crowd filled up the lower bowl and probably went about 5 or 6 rows up in the upper bowl on the east side of the convo.

South Webster and New Boston - SW, real nice crowd, pretty much filled the lower bowl on the west side of the convo. Oh, and the presentation of the game ball by the OU National Guard, and the repelling from the top of the Convo, was really cool!!!!

Unioto and McClain - Combined, a huge crowd, what a turnout for both schools. Man it was loud. Hats off to the McClain student section and your "cheerleaders", you guys were great!!!!

Fed Hock and South Point - Fed Hock, being local, had a great turnout, filled up the majority of the lower bowl on the west side of the convo, and had the largest student section of the games that I attended. South Point's crowd was pretty small.

Oak Hill had people pouring in when I left, so I'm sure there was a good turnout for the last game.

Zane Trace and Ironton, someone else might be able to fill us in.

Very well run today, no disappointments in terms of organization and how things were kept on schedule.

My only gripe, as it was from many, was the concession stand prices. I thought I was at Disneyworld when I had to pay $2.75 for a bottle of "OU" water. They need to rebrand that, and call it "OUCH" water.....LOL!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

I thought the crowds were very good today! Rivaled many boys games at the convo. The Unioto/Greenfield game had a tremendous crowd. Zane Trace had a pretty good crowd, Ironton's crowd was pretty small. Oak Hill had a HUGE crowd (big surprise), Minford had a relatively small crowd.

But as I said earlier, crowds were excellent today all the way around. Congrats Girls' Basketball fans!!!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Good crowd over all Unioto and McClain had the largest by far.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

athens78 wrote:Good crowd over all Unioto and McClain had the largest by far.

GUESS YOU DIDN'T SEE THE OAK HILL CROWD. Minford had a small crowd and I was very disappointed for them. They didn't even have a student section. They deserved better support.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

actually there student section was pretty large. They just didn't cheer.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:actually there student section was pretty large. They just didn't cheer.

Guess I didn't see enough kids sitting together to constitute a cheering section.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

they were sitting to the right of Minford's bench, almost took up a whole section

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

if you look at brummr's wide view picture their student section is on the left.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Oak hill minford game didn't come close to matching the Unioto McClain crowd. Oak did bring a nice crowd but not as big as the other two I mentioned.

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

Just my 2 cents as part of that huge Unioto crowd. I would rather they left the District Final games at SE if they aren't going to pull the bleachers out. The Convo is a nice place, but I can stay home and watch a game on tv, which is my impression of watching a girls game there. Too far from the action and too few folks to make the crowd any part of the game. $5.00 to park and $3-5 bucks for a pop. Forgetaboutit. For my money, leave us as SE. Thanks.

I would be interested to hear what the players and coaches impressions are.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

They have never pulled the bleachers out even for the boys game and I've not ever heard why that is. Your right about the price of food and drink. I take my own water and refill up at the fountain and also have the wife pack in snacks in one of her largest purses. I'm not paying those prices.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

I only stayed for the first 2 games, but overall, I was not impressed with the attendance. I agree that it is good to let the girls play at the Convo. The prices as the concession stand were ridiculous.

From the pictures I looked at from the Minford/Oak Hill game, it did not look like it was a huge crowd from that game either. I could be wrong though.

It will be interesting to see if they bring the girls finals back to the Convo next year.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ok so $5 to park but you paid $1 per game! You can not beat that deal. If the girls are not back in the Convo it will be because OHIO Universities schedule does not permit. The girls also made money on this and all win. As f. or all these rants, you ever wonder why the rest of Ohio looks down on people in this part of the State? It is attitudes like this. OU concessions is NOT as high as many other College and Pro teams, and Parking is a bargain.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Great point..... I didn't realize we were at a Pro or College Game!!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

gunit wrote:Great point..... I didn't realize we were at a Pro or College Game!!!!

Smarta$$ in case you did not notice the Convo is a College facility. Just like when you go to Columbus for the State Tournament you will pay the same prices (high) at the Concession Stands as you pay for an OSU game. Go to a HS football game at Paul Brown in Cincinnati and you pay the same parking and Concessions. FYI you do not pay parking for the State Tournament (FB and BB) is that the State gives a % of the gate to the venues. This is worth high five figures, where other venues only receive a few hundred a night. Ohio Universities fee is less than a grand a day.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

I saw some very good teams that didn't get to show their skill level. The crowds were impressive. I would like to have seen ONE GOOD GROUP of officials working together and make the girls play under some control. Enforce the RULES and don't be afraid to call FOULS, because we don't want to determine the outcome of the game! Well guess what, when fouls aren't called like they have been all year, that also helps determine games. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I DON'T FEEL WINNER AND LOSER WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IN GAMES I SAW, but the games would have been much more enjoyable. Hope the district changes the way they assign officials next year or the way they call the games. Just my two-cents.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

old-timer wrote:I saw some very good teams that didn't get to show their skill level. The crowds were impressive. I would like to have seen ONE GOOD GROUP of officials working together and make the girls play under some control. Enforce the RULES and don't be afraid to call FOULS, because we don't want to determine the outcome of the game! Well guess what, when fouls aren't called like they have been all year, that also helps determine games. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I DON'T FEEL WINNER AND LOSER WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IN GAMES I SAW, but the games would have been much more enjoyable. Hope the district changes the way they assign officials next year or the way they call the games. Just my two-cents.

People complain about too much fouls, then people complain about not enough fouls. Wow!! I guess I have come to the conclusion that people just like to complain. :lol: :lol: Wait, I determined this a long time ago. ;-)
I have been to the convo and I feel the refs have been very good. Do they miss calls? Yes, Will they continue to miss calls? Yes. But they are doing pretty well from my stand point.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

gahs4ever wrote:Ive been to enough tournament games at these 1700-2000 seat HS gyms and especially if some schools are going to be there to know that I will have to wait in a long line for the doors to open just to get a decent seat that I appreciate the fact that there isnt a bad seat in the Convo. Perhaps we are spoiled by having the best facility in the area for 40 years now, and you can walk right in the door at any time and have an excellent view.

For the people who complain about concession prices, I wonder why they dont whine at college and pro games? Just be glad your children dont go to a school where they have to charge a $90 per student per activity participation fee like we do. Add $90 per activity x how many kids you have x how many activities they are involved in and all of a sudden $5 parking and $3 water seems cheap by comparison.

I used to whine about the 3 dollar water,,but .....figured out, 3 bucks isnt bad for ALL DAY,,,,I just go to the drinking fountain to refill after my first one 8)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

gahs4ever wrote:And here I thought you drank out of the toilet like ALL Dowggs do!!! :razz: :lol: :122246 :roll: ;-)

that was before I found the drinking fountains right outside the door :oops: :oops:

Return to “Girls Basketball”