Pay to park-JacksonHS

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Pay to park-JacksonHS

Post by Jeep-ster »

Got a surprise Saturday at the girls game at Jackson HS. School charged $2.00 to park. Maybe fans should pay in all pennys next year, LOL. I suppose this way the school gets money since they only get a percintage of the ticket sales?

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Re: Pay to park-JacksonHS

Post by buddyholly »

Is charging for parking really allowed for sectional or district play? Maybe someone should inform the OHSAA about this.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

yes, if they do it all year, which they have.

Also, Athens (OU) Charges for parking while attending the Convo. Just a way for an organization to make an extra buck, or in this case 2 bucks. I see nothing wrong with it.

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

$14 dollars for 2 adults = ridiculous.
They make enough money from admissions and concession stand sales.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

the surprise was going to Jackson for a regular season game, and paying to park :lol:

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Unfortuately, it is a sign of the times. It will probably become a standard thing at all schools or the kids will have to pay to play and this way, all kids get a chance to play sports and not just the financially secure ones. If you consider the cost of other things we do like the movies, concerts, etc, it isn't bad deal.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

lovin' every minute of it wrote:$14 dollars for 2 adults = ridiculous.
They make enough money from admissions and concession stand sales.

Could you go to a movie or concert or even out to eat for this price?

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

our kids already pay to play.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:Unfortuately, it is a sign of the times. It will probably become a standard thing at all schools or the kids will have to pay to play and this way, all kids get a chance to play sports and not just the financially secure ones. If you consider the cost of other things we do like the movies, concerts, etc, it isn't bad deal.

Sad but true! I have to agree.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

This was the first time I had ever paid to park at a high school basketball game. I'm not talking tournament games - just a high school b-ball game. I gave them eight quarters and if I had gone again, I would have looked for some pennies.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

You can charge for parking during tourney if you have done it all year. My little child knows that. Go ahead and be little cry babies and call OHSAA, they will tell you babies the same thing. Plus, Jackson does not set the ticket prices nor do they get the money. If two dollars break you up then maybe you need to get a better job. Most district games that I have gone to especially the convo charges for parking. Why can't Jackson charge for parking while holding a district game? At least the money goes to high school athletes. I think the Scioto County people need to crawl back in their holes. I bet more schools do the same next year and it will be more than 2 dollars. Signs of the times, I am not crazy about it but 2 dollars come on folks you really are cry babies.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

ocho stinko wrote:You can charge for parking during tourney if you have done it all year. My little child knows that. Go ahead and be little cry babies and call OHSAA, they will tell you babies the same thing. Plus, Jackson does not set the ticket prices nor do they get the money. If two dollars break you up then maybe you need to get a better job. Most district games that I have gone to especially the convo charges for parking. Why can't Jackson charge for parking while holding a district game? At least the money goes to high school athletes. I think the Scioto County people need to crawl back in their holes. I bet more schools do the same next year and it will be more than 2 dollars. Signs of the times, I am not crazy about it but 2 dollars come on folks you really are cry babies.

I really think it's absurd. Really, it's not as easy as you think to "get a better job". Maybe since we live in Scioto County we should all go back and work on our dinged up cars. During times like these you don't think we have enough to pay for, and you add parking on top of that? I mean come on, you guys in Jackson must have the better jobs you speak of, and if 2 dollars isn't going to break us, then it sure ain't gonna make you. Now excuse me I have a hole to tend to.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

It is called a usage fee! You pay to use their property. Do you guys realize that most Universities charge their own employees to park at work? Nebraska charges $12 an hour employees $600 to park for a year! You have a choice, you could park odd School property and walk! Redcoat, you may call it ridiculous but your kid is benefitting!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

My feeling is this. if you cant afford to let people park for free, dont put in to host the tourny's. The OHSAA should only pick venues who will not charge to park.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

I feel that when I paid my property taxes I paid my useage fee for use of a public school.

If you can not afford to run the school. Don't build it.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Zanesville has done it for years. You pay to park there for all games.

I thought it always states that the home team hosts the visiting team???? Must lose it's interpretation somewhere.

It's about like paying 1.25 for a bottle of water.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Zanesville 2 dollars to park. 6 dollars for ticket to games. Has been. Parking pass for Logan HS for students for a full year is 20 dollars. Most venues charge to park. 10 bucks at OSU a game and 2 miles from the stadium. I would assume it goes to fund something.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Wow, this is a crazy thread. It costs money to host a tourney. If your team made it to the Convo get ready to pay $5 to park next Saturday. Also checkout the Convo concession prices.

I can't understand some people. Jackson provided a nice facility to play the games. The city has areas to eat before and after the games and some people go off about two dollars.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

ocho stinko wrote:You can charge for parking during tourney if you have done it all year. My little child knows that. Go ahead and be little cry babies and call OHSAA, they will tell you babies the same thing. Plus, Jackson does not set the ticket prices nor do they get the money. If two dollars break you up then maybe you need to get a better job. Most district games that I have gone to especially the convo charges for parking. Why can't Jackson charge for parking while holding a district game? At least the money goes to high school athletes. I think the Scioto County people need to crawl back in their holes. I bet more schools do the same next year and it will be more than 2 dollars. Signs of the times, I am not crazy about it but 2 dollars come on folks you really are cry babies.

Not cool man-Scioto County makes Jackson a lot of money because of the fans, Jackson High School has a very nice gym I love it.
Money is hard to come by some times but I will pay anything to see the LADY JEEPS play ball!
If the Scioto County teams played some other place Jackson charges 20 for parking because we are the money makers.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Ocho is right on most of their comments. If a school charges all year then they can do it in the tournament. Hosting a tournament does not make the school that much money, it is more of just getting to show and share their school with everyone. OHSAA gets the ticket money sales with some of the presale money going to the school selling them. Seriously, if you are going to complain about $2, you are not going to get much pity on here.

Return to “Girls Basketball”