Waterboy

South Webster plays Reedsville Eastern

Post by rookie »

What can Eastern do to win this game ?

softballlife16
Waterboy

Re: South Webster plays Reedsville Eastern

Post by softballlife16 »

Be at their best and hope webster is at their worst!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Eastern= Toast

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

Slim Jim wrote:Eastern= Toast

Slim Jim -

your posts = generic

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Thank You! I only give facts...

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Will there be any Radio Stations carrying this game on Saterday? If so what station?

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

Thought I heard on radio South Webster won by 17 ??

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

South Webster won 65-48..They were just bigger and faster than Eastern, Good season for Eastern, they should be better next year

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Eastern had a bad first quarter, picked it up in the 2nd quarter, went into half time
29-23 South Webster. Came out in the third and had a complete melt down, picked it back up somewhat in the 4th. Too little, too late. Kayla Cook was held to just 13 pts in the first half by great defense. Good game girls, nice season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Nice win for the Jeeps...one more win for their 3rd straight trip to Regionals. Only problem is Africentric will be there as always. But that's a few steps down the road...good luck Jeeps.*

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The Jeeps played an awesome game today. They really turned it up in the 3rd coming out and going on a 13-0 run. Three Jeeps were in double figures, Cook had over 30, Rawlins 16 and Sherman with 12. Sherman also had 8 blocks.

I was glad to see the girls laughing and high fiving each other today. They play so much better when their out there having fun. That's the Lady Jeeps way.

Good luck Saturday. On to the Convo.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

art_vandelay wrote:Nice win for the Jeeps...one more win for their 3rd straight trip to Regionals. Only problem is Africentric will be there as always.

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

south jeepster: not saying the Jeeps have no chance against Africentric SHOULD they make it that far (which I think they will). They almost got them last year but came up just short. But like last year, everyone knows Africentric is right there looming and are just as good. In short, it'd take a phenomenal effort on the girls' part to upset them.*

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Art, I know you are a big supporter of the Jeeps but have you seen the Lady Jeeps play this year? Have you seen Africentric? I have seen both and if the Jeeps play the way they can it wouldn't have to be a phenominal effort. They CAN do it. But, they have to beat New Boston, who won't go down down without a fight, and then win the regional semi's before they would even see the Nubians. If I'm not mistaken, Waterford or Valley would play Africentric in the regional semis. Either of those two teams could cause a big upset. I know my Jeeps are taking it one game at a time.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Art,
This year the Jeeps got an amazing draw. They will probably play Harvest Prep in the first round of the Regional. (Should they make it there)
Then the Waterford/Africentric winner in the finals. (Assuming both make it)
No team in the Regionals is a clear cut favorite over the Lady Jeeps this year. They may be a slight underdog, but the odds of making the final 4 is about 50/50 from what i hear.
I plan to go in tomorrow morning and ask for the weekend of the state finals off!! I think they are going to make it this year!

Return to “Girls Basketball”