Post by bball »

Any updates

caglewis
SEOP

Re: Ironton fans!!!!!!!

Post by caglewis »

IRONTON 49 - CHESAPEAKE 29 - FINAL
Sorry I wasn't able to do full updates.

Ironton will play the winner of today's Alex-Trimble game in Waverly at 1:45 PM, February 28. Kevin Anthonee said flu has been rampant at Ironton High School and many of the girls were playing not at their best and not feeling well today. You've got a week to get better - CONGRATS LADY FIGHTING TIGERS

Reece TPS
Waterboy

Post by Reece TPS »

Congratulations Tigers!
Could someone tell me why Nikki Elswick is not playing. The girl is 6'1 and weighs 175 lbs and she gets into the game with 10 seconds left. How can you not use a girl like that. Is Ironton ranked No.1? You mean to tell me that their are 4 or 5 other girls that are better than her and deserve more playing time. I'm sure Coach Graham has a reason for playing Juniors and Seniors. We will see what happens the rest of the year. Good Luck Coach Graham and Staff.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Graham has always only played 6 or 7 players sometimes less. He did this at SP with the boys even in blowouts he would only play a few kids. I guess this is his coaching style.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

I thought the Ironton coaching staff did a wonderful job of utilizing the talent that he has when he played NA and the game I saw against Chillicothe. On top of that, the girls and coaching staff were very respectful and extremely classy. Don't think you can ask for much more than that!

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

She quit the team after the Minford game and was gone for a week. She was brought back to the jv team with sitting out two quarters has punishment.
If she works on the Defensive end she will be a good varsity player and plays this summer.
She is a good three sport athlete!

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

She can still end up a big help vs. Alexander's #25 McClain.

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

ITOWN13 wrote:She can still end up a big help vs. Alexander's #25 McClain.

If the Alex coach plays McClain like he did in the Trimble game, you won't have much to worry about. Seemed he would put her in and yank her out with very little playing time in that game. IMO only, he needs to give the kid a little more time on the floor to show what she is really made of. She has had some pretty good games this year, when given the chance. I think he prefers speed over height and power. Guess we will have to wait and see. I am going to have to listen to this one on the radio again. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

admar wrote:
ITOWN13 wrote:She can still end up a big help vs. Alexander's #25 McClain.

If the Alex coach plays McClain like he did in the Trimble game, you won't have much to worry about. Seemed he would put her in and yank her out with very little playing time in that game. IMO only, he needs to give the kid a little more time on the floor to show what she is really made of. She has had some pretty good games this year, when given the chance. I think he prefers speed over height and power. Guess we will have to wait and see. I am going to have to listen to this one on the radio again. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win.

I am guessing that the coach knows what he is doing and played who he wanted to and got a win. The McClain girl doesn't get many minutes in most games anyway. Unless there is some size to the opponent then she sees more playing time. He does put her in and pull her out very quickly. Seems she has no time to gel once she is put in but oh well, I am sure with this being her senior year she is use to that. There are others who will pick up the pace when she is not in the game. Best wishes to both teams.

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

When I watch them play NY he did that with the Daugherty girl. I think Mclain is use to it and it doesn't affect her play. They just can't play affraid to make mistakes. From what I have seen the team plays their roles extremely well.
Good luck to all involved Sat.

Return to “Girls Basketball”