Zanesville @ Chillicothe 2/14/09

Black Panther
SEO

Zanesville @ Chillicothe 2/14/09

Post by Black Panther »

Should be a real love fest for the DOC Championship game Saturday at Chillicothe's Hatton Memorial Gym.The game time has been changed to 12 noon for the JV and the Varsity to follow.Another goal I had for you is attainable so lets go out and take it...Good Luck to Coach Hughes and the Lady Cavs!!

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Zanesville @ Chillicothe 2/14/09

Post by Black Panther »

Zanesville 43,Chillicothe 30. :( Monique Lee had 10 points for the Lady Cavs. The second season begins Wednesday so you have to put it behind you!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Chillicothe did win the JV game in dramatic fashion.A last second lay in by Allysa Oates sealed the deal.The Chillicothe jv improved all year for the most part,and hopefully some of these girls can become contributors to the Varsity soon...

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Would have of thought it would have been a closer game. It might have been closer than the score indicated. Good luck to both teams in the tournament.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The game was tied at 14 at the half and was close early in the third quarter.And in what seemed a blink of an eye it was a blowout.And you were thinking to yourself what happened here...Oh well...Time to strap it up for tournament..Hopefully the results will be much better...

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

Sorry BP but it was obvious to some of us what happened. Game was quickly getting out of hand and our coach didn't adapt. At the very least when ZV went on a 10-0 run in the third, a timeout should have been called to discuss adjustments. Where I was sitting there was much advice from the crowd. Too bad the coach is sticking to the same old game plan of "punishing" certain players with little playing time and not going for the win.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Everybody that has played any meaningful minutes this year played Saturday.Some may have had minutes limited for various reasons,but they all played.We only play eight to start with...

GO CAVS!
Riding the Bench

Post by GO CAVS! »

I am always dissapointed when the Cavs lose. It is always easy to blame the coach when they lose, but then don't you have to give the coach credit when they win??? People go on sites like these and hide behind a nickname and start bad mouthing a coach or coaches when things do not go how you want then to.

Why not go on here and bad mouth the players? They are then ones that played the game! You say to yourself that it would not be right because they are only kids. Then what makes it right to go on here and constantly bad mouth an adult???? Shouldn't we all step back and take a breath and look in the mirror before we cut down anyone?

The coaches prepares a team to put that team in the right position to win the game. The Cavs defense played awesome the first half and forced many Zanesville turnovers and had many opportunities to score. However, the Cavs shot poorly and could not convert these turnovers into baskets. The Cavs shot 24% for the game! I have not seen many teams win a game shooting that poorly. Have you?

I am proud of the girls. They have been through some off court issues and still had a winning season and finished the year 14-6 and are still Division Champions!!!

Now the new season begins-The tourney trail! The Cavs play Wednesday night against Logen Elm. Let's go and support THE TEAM!! GO CAVS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I think me and you are the only ones that give Coach any credit for winning games...I'm also like you she does get all the blame for the losses for whatever reason...

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

Go Cavs, I think that anyone who is "just a fan" and not personally involved with the program can step back and assess what's going on better than someone who is. Therefore, those of us who do not have a personal connection with the coach might feel more comfortable critiquing. As for bashing kids, why would anyone do that? The kids are not responsible for the play calling on the floor. They can only do what they're told to do, even if it's not the best decision at the time. I think the ladies work hard and deserve a lot of credit for putting up with all that they do. It doesn't take a long time of watching games to figure how these kids are treated.

Return to “Girls Basketball”