Big Evening In SHL

boomer633
Varsity

Big Evening In SHL

Post by boomer633 »

Tonight is going to be a big night in the SHL as Eastern Brown travels to Lynchburg and North Adams goes to Ripley. Lynchburg currently is at the top with 1 league loss while Eastern and North Adams each have 2. If Eastern pulls off the upset there could be a 3 way tie for first provided North Adams wins.

slamdunk
Varsity

Re: Big Evening In SHL

Post by slamdunk »

I know I am very excited about the games tonight. North Adams will have their hands full tonight, but I am looking for a great game from them tonight.

I have never said this before, but I am a huge fan of Eastern tonight as well. It would be nice to have that 3 way tie for the title after tonight.

Go Lady Devils!!!
Go Lady Warriors!!!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

I'll be pulling for Eastern tonight as well. Be rooting for Ripley this Thursday as they travel to Eastern Brown.

Tonight will be a tough one for the Lady Devils. They need to take care of the ball and take good shots. Hopefully the game Karli Beasley had against Fairfield will carry over into tonight. Post players need to step up and limit Ripley to one shot and done.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Scores??

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Scores ???????

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Ripley defeated North Adams 65-41

Eastern defeated Lynchburg-Clay 41-22

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Not the best effort on the part of the Lady Devils. Hopefully this loss reinvigorates them and they finish the season strong heading into the tournament.
Congratulations the the Eastern Warriors. They have rebounded nicely from a bad start and are now positioned to again win or share the league title. I guess it should have been expected given who their coach is.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Not too happy with the way things went last night. NA struggled shooting (27% from the field and 44% from the foul line) and really struggled on the glass.

Eastern is really playing well right now! Scary team!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Some of that can be attributed to good defense played by Ripley. Thought they did a good job on Karli Beasley denying the ball and cutting off her driving lanes. Team rebounding is a concern, seemed to keep Ripley's big girl off the glass only to let someone else get to the ball. They are a young team and will learn from this. Been a good season for North Adams and there is still a lot of ball to be played.

Return to “Girls Basketball”