South Point @ Rock Hill to be played Feb. 7th

Layne99L
Freshman Team

South Point @ Rock Hill to be played Feb. 7th

Post by Layne99L »

Just a reminder, the South Point @ Rock Hill game will be played on Saturday, February 7th at 1:00 pm. The game was cancelled on Wednesday night and pushed back to Saturday.

osumufan
SE

Re: South Point @ Rock Hill to be played Feb. 7th

Post by osumufan »

Seeing how Rock Hill doesn't have a JV team,South Point needs to take all the JV and Varsity and let all the kids play so it won't be such a wide point spread.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Let's just punish the Varsity girls for being that good. They shouldn't have to sit the bench when they have stats that they are trying to build up. Again, its a Varsity game, if that is the case then maybe the school should just ask to play a JV game instead of a Varisty game. :roll:

Rookie22
Waterboy

Post by Rookie22 »

"Stats to build up" are you serious? Is that why kids play?

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

It is when your trying to play in college.

Rookie22
Waterboy

Post by Rookie22 »

I'm sorry kid, but if I was trying to impress the scouts I'd go for a bigger game. Good luck though.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Sorry for you too, because if you knew anything about scouting then you would know that they don't look at just one game, they look at your overall points, rebounds, assists, etc. per game. And not playing in these games can lower those averages. Trust me "this kid" knows what the big picture is and its not all about playing ball for your high school.

It's not South Points fault that other teams don't have the talent that they have.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

But you don't need to kill a team just cause you can!!!!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

First, will this be another 98 to 4?

Second and you can take this to the bank. Most college coaches don't pay that much attention to overall stats. They usally only come to watch a high school game if it will be a competitive team and most of them pay more attention to AAU games then High School match ups. They would rather see you score 10 points and show your assists and defense against a good AAU team then watch you score 30pts and pad your stats against a winless team and I know from experience.

Hopefully the South Point administration will mention something to the coaching staff concerning running up the score. That stuff comes back to haunt you some day.

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

As far at the 98-4 score, there was nothing else Adams could have did. The varsity roster consists of 10 girls. The entire 2nd half of the ball game was played by the starting JV team. South Point only pressed a total of about 4 minutes, and backed off into a 2 3 zone, instead of the man to man pressure defense they always play. The girls were told to run the offense as long as possible before taking a shot. My niece, who is on the team, said that most of their points came from running the floor. I don't care what you say, you cannot tell a player not to run the floor and take a wide open lay up. That is going against everything they have been taught. There was no such thing as "running up the score"--if that was the case the starting 5 would have played/pressed/pressured Wellston the entire game, like they do every other team.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

First, will this be another 98 to 4?

Second and you can take this to the bank. Most college coaches don't pay that much attention to overall stats. They usally only come to watch a high school game if it will be a competitive team and most of them pay more attention to AAU games then High School match ups. They would rather see you score 10 points and show your assists and defense against a good AAU team then watch you score 30pts and pad your stats against a winless team and I know from experience.

Hopefully the South Point administration will mention something to the coaching staff concerning running up the score. That stuff comes back to haunt you some day.

You can take this to the bank my daughter plays AAU and there is no mercy in playing that just like in High School. And we know from experience they do ask for those stats.

Was you even at the game, because if you were you would know they don't play the true varsity players the whole game. If they don't want to take an L then maybe they should just forfeit the game.

Well said to OVC1999!

TheChesterfieldKing
Riding the Bench

Post by TheChesterfieldKing »

athens78 wrote:Hopefully the South Point administration will mention something to the coaching staff concerning running up the score. That stuff comes back to haunt you some day.

Dave Adams is FAR from that type of coach. Do yo know the man personally? I do! When I asked him the score, he said " You don't even want to know". I asked him again and he told me, and he told me he felt horrible about it. DID YOU KNOW, he asked them to keep the clock running and they wouldn't do that? Hmmm, doesn't sound like someone who wants to run up the score. DID YOU KNOW, he told the girls to pass it a MINIMUM of 5-6 times? And the starters, and someone correct me if I am wrong, I'm just going by what the girls told me, only played about 5-7 minutes total!
So what OVC1999 and love-vdub is saying is the truth.
Didn't want to get into this, but when someone accuses Coach Adams of doing something that is not true, I'll defend him everytime.
THANKS OVC1999 and love-vdub for sticking up for Coach! Those of us that know him also know he is NOT that kind of coach at all!

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

My understanding is Wellston couldn't even make a lay up with no one around. That's not SP's fault. The Rock Hill game won't be much of a game and it sucks but that's the way it goes some years.

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

first off the topic is about the rock hill game , the wellston Game is in the past an yes it was a blowww out there was no running up the score coach Adams wouldn't do it an these girls have crushed teams since little league I've watched em yes they beat many teams with similar scores there just good period an that was callin the dogs off early an third the people on here argueing are from South Point come on drop it an just be good fans if your good you'll go to college I no the kid an she's got the gift not saying your wrong about stars but play for. The W not stars and anyways I say pointers walk over rock hill an keep rollin IMO

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

no score but I heard sp was rollin

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

geez it's high school not buddy league. If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen so to speak. SP has a great group of girls and you can only call the dogs off so far, it's not like you can say oh don't score at all that's wrong. Again it is high school confernce or not they (RH or anyone else) can always forfiet the game.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Lady Pointers clinch share of OVC crown
By Jim Walker | The Tribune

Originally published 12:16 a.m., February 8, 2009
Updated 12:16 a.m., February 8, 2009

PEDRO — Check off number one from the list.

The South Point Lady Pointers reached their first goal of the season as they clinched at least a share of the Ohio Valley Conference championship with a 69-28 win over the Rock Hill Redwomen on Saturday.

“It’s always your first goal of the year. When we first started, we just wanted to build the program and we’ve done that. We didn’t want to win one season here and one season there,” said Lady Pointers’ coach Dave Adams.

South Point has won or shared six of the last seven conference titles including the past two seasons. The Lady Pointers can win the title outright on Thursday. Coal Grove needs a win to get a share of the title.

Kayla Fletcher and Ashley Goodall scored five points each in the first quarter as South Point jumped out to a 19-2 lead.

Fletcher scored seven more points including a 3-pointer and Jalynn Bradburn had six points as the Lady Pointers built a 43-10 halftime cushion.

South Point had three players in double figures. Goodall scored 15, Fletcher had 14 and Bradburn 11.

Leah Terry had 14 points and Brittany Thompson eight to lead Rock Hill (0-17, 0-8).

South Point plays at Minford on Monday in a non-league game.

South Point 19 24 16 10 = 69

Rock Hill 2 8 8 10 = 28

SOUTH POINT (17-1, 9-0): Allison Mitchell 4 0 0-0 8, Erin Dillow 2 0 0-3 4, Angelica Stewart 3 0 2-2 8, Destinee Jones 1 0 0-0 2, Kyra Carter 1 0 0-0 2, Kayla Fletcher 5 1 1-1 14, Ashley Goodall 6 1 0-0 15, Ericka Leighty 2 0 1-4 5, Jalynn Bradburn 5 0 1-2 11, Tinesha Taylor 0 0 0-0 0, Tausha Collins 0 0 0-0 0. Totals: 29 2 5-12 69. Fouls: 10. Fouled out: None.

ROCK HILL (0-17, 0-8): Kayla Wright 0 0 0-0 0, Stephanie Whitt 0 0 0-0 0, Hannah Long 1 0 0-0 2, Brittany Thompson 1 0 6-12 8, Kayla Scaggs 2 0-0 4, Leah Terry 2 3 1-2 14. Totals: 6 3 7-14 28. Fouls: 10. Fouled out: None.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Instead of passing 5 times before the shot, just don't shoot and hold the ball until the clock runs out. It is against Ohio High School rules to run the clock when there is a dead ball. You are no better then the team in Texas.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

You have no clue what you're talking about.......... :12224

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

anyone who knows adams will tell you running up the score is not something he would do.
chester, i can see and hear adams saying that right now.

Return to “Girls Basketball”