South Point @ Wellston 2/2

osumufan
SE

South Point @ Wellston 2/2

Post by osumufan »

Thoughts ? I think the Pointers will coast in this one.

wemufans
All Conference

Re: South Point @ Wellston 2/2

Post by wemufans »

South Point by a lot in this one. Is this game still on? Didn't know if there was power issues up there or not!

route93
Freshman Team

Post by route93 »

Is this game on the radio?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This one, I hate to say, will be ugly.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

i was just texted and told that SP wins this one 98-4. It was 58-2 at half from what i was told. Not 100% on all of this but ive heard it from 2-3 different people.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

wow....a coach just got fired for winning by 100, and this one was by 94....was there a jv game played? there shouldnt have been if so...waste of a game for both teams

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

I was not at this game, but I can in fact confirm the final score was South Point 98, Wellston 4.

Wellston is a very, very, very young varsity team and has scored only 12 points in two games this season.

There was no JV game

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

wow....a coach just got fired for winning by 100, and this one was by 94....
That was in a school full of girls with disabilities. That's why he got fired.

South Points coach in no way ran the score up. Our JV played most of the game and they were told that they had to pass the ball 5 times before they could even shoot it. Wellson started 3 Freshmen so they are a very young team, but they never gave up.

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

embarrassing :roll:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

thought sp would win big but never thought of anything like this.....

hang in there wellston girls.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The coach at the 100-0 game did not get fired for the score. Got fired for disagreeing publicly with the school administration about forfeiting the game ........ SP coach would never intentionally run up the score....He's a good guy...Its just one of those things........... :12224

Layne99L
Freshman Team

Post by Layne99L »

I can say the same thing, Coach Adams and the SP coaching staff would never intentionally run up the score. One thing to think about too is that SP only has 9 players on the Varsity roster. 7 of those girls normally put up points every Varsity game. So it's hard for SP really to "bring out the reserves" so to speak.

I don't think anybody on here was saying SP was trying to run up the score, but just wanted to point that out.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

No 98-4 isn't running up the score on purpose. In stead of passing 5 times they should have just held it and let time run out. Don't give me the issue of well the kids coming off the bench need to play also. Not in this game they don't.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I think what should have been done was for SP to bring all their kids that play JV and let the true JV play almost all the game. Granted he did have 3 or 4 girls who play JV there. He did leave behind a few others that could have seen playing time and maybe it wouldn't have gotten so bad.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

No 98-4 isn't running up the score on purpose. In stead of passing 5 times they should have just held it and let time run out. Don't give me the issue of well the kids coming off the bench need to play also. Not in this game they don't.

No what should have happened was Wellstons coach should have called the game at half-time when it was 58-2. Its not up to SP girls to stop playing its up to the other team to actually start. People kill me thinking they should have not played just because the other team isn't as good. I thought in basketball its all about playing good D and stoping the other team from scoring. Isn't that the objective in all games played. So why should this one be any different.

I think what should have been done was for SP to bring all their kids that play JV and let the true JV play almost all the game. Granted he did have 3 or 4 girls who play JV there. He did leave behind a few others that could have seen playing time and maybe it wouldn't have gotten so bad.

It was a varisty game and to have just taken the JV team would have not be fair to the actual varisty players. Besides that who knew they were that bad. Looking at maxpreps.com they were able to score on other teams. Looks to be they just had one of those games that they didn't play well. Everbody has those!!!

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

I, personally, would think that it would be more offensive for SP to stand at the top of the key and hold the ball the entire second half. Talk about a slap in the face...

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Well said OVC1999.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

maybe they should consider a mercy call if the score is like this one was..The Wellston girls they keep showing up they have not given up and I applaud them for that.. they all could get discouraged and quit but they seem to be keeping up with it..

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Maybe at the Rock Hill game he will let some more of the JV dress for varsity and that way there won't be such a big difference in points. Seeing how Rock Hill doesn't have JV. I know he intentionally didn't run up the score but if he would have taken the rest of the JV team with him then I bet the score woudln't have been so lopsided.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

orange-n-brown 365 I love that avatar! :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”