Ironman fans stand up and clap your hands!

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Ironman fans stand up and clap your hands!

Post by redcoat »

Now that the Ironladies home schedule is over, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the atmosphere created by our administration?

osumufan
SE

Re: Ironman fans stand up and clap your hands!

Post by osumufan »

What exactly are you getting at?

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Redcoat, I've seen you be an active participant during that cheer but you weren't standing up!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

is it a tennis clap? or golf clap?

or is it a........... BOWLING clap? :122246 :122246 :122246

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

It was a bit quiet, Good job to the Ironladies last night. They played well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What did the administration have to do with the atmosphere?

I was there and awaiting Phil Howard to do a cartwheel roundoff combo as I'm sure he can....but was just happy to see the Ironladies win.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

osumufan wrote:What exactly are you getting at?

No band, the kids aren't allowed to play music for warm ups. Smokin Joe runs the players off of the court at half and between games who want to shoot. The only pre-game entertainment is the national anthem, which we have to remind our AD to turn on. Our kids come out of the locker room looking as if they've taken a nap. The boys games are petty much the same. As fas as Phil goes, not pretty enough and I don't think he can do a round off.
Assassin it would have to be just a plain clap for you! But, even at that I think it would create to much excitement. I would have like to seen this happen when our board president's kids played a few years back. Odds are it wouldn't have.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Monday game was not what you call an intense atmosphere.....but maybe the pregame music had some questionable lyrics or something....no clue.

Were the halftime girls wearing their basketball shoes or were they back into their school shoes?

As for the boy's game??? The last 3 home games has had the best atmosphere I've seen at Jackson...FOR Jackson in a long time. So I still don't understand that comment.

Congrats girls on defeating a plus .500 Huntington team....good win!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Wow, can we be any more petty?????

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Recoat take your happy pills! You perfected the zone offense. Now you can sell a Blue Ray how to be an administrator. Nice win heard it on the radio. Is there anything positive you can thank of about anything?

92 How about those Steelers! Got your Terrible Towel in a frame! Plus a Buckeye MVP of the game. Doesn't get any better than that!

Also 92, I think maybe Phil, and Bob should have came to the game with their shirt off and had a big JI painted on their chest. Call it Ironmen Nation. That would be SWEET!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The line has been crossed!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

oh my goodness

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

GAHS4ever- Amen!

Come on folks just having some fun!

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

ocho stinko wrote:Recoat take your happy pills! You perfected the zone offense. Now you can sell a Blue Ray how to be an administrator. Nice win heard it on the radio. Is there anything positive you can thank of about anything?

92 How about those Steelers! Got your Terrible Towel in a frame! Plus a Buckeye MVP of the game. Doesn't get any better than that!

Also 92, I think maybe Phil, and Bob should have came to the game with their shirt off and had a big JI painted on their chest. Call it Ironmen Nation. That would be SWEET!

Oucho! Have you or do you have a kid that's been through the system yet? My guess is not. And I can't wait until you do. I think your time is just around the corner. I'll be looking for your book on positive thinking then. As far as the zone offense goes Assassin was the one that helped me perfect it. Of course you have to know something about the game.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Redcoat so you say I know nothing about basketball and nothing about parenting. Can I order the attacking the zone offense dvd along with how to be an optimistic parent dvd! :lol: I would like them both autographed. Plus is there a special if I order them both? Money is kind of tight. :122249

As for when my kids go through:
1 I will not try to relive my life through them. I enjoyed my childhood and as an adult love being a father.
2. As a chrisitian being optimistic is easy.
3. When my kids whine it is simple, work harder or quit, don't want to hear it.
Simple rules in this house.

As far as if they play basketball, since I know nothing about the sport lol maybe you could help teach my kids a few things about the game :lol:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

^^^^that is a great post forever.... and i couldnt agree more.

i been to 3 jax girl game this year and redcoat is right bout the atmosphere..... i fell sleep until guy sitting 5 rows in front of me dropped a quarter and it rattled around in bleachers and woke me up.... it was quieter than kuehner lewis funeral home until the game started.
Last edited by theassassin on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I agree 4 ever. Kids need adults and parents to be a positive support sytem. Those are usually the programs that are the ones that win. Sometimes I get a little goofey on this site but when i do i am not aiming it towards players or coaches, normally against people who seem to want to stir.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

[quote="ocho stinko"]Redcoat so you say I know nothing about basketball and nothing about parenting. Can I order the attacking the zone offense dvd along with how to be an optimistic parent dvd! :lol: I would like them both autographed. Plus is there a special if I order them both? Money is kind of tight. :122249

1 I will not try to relive my life through them. I enjoyed my childhood and as an adult love being a father.

As far as if they play basketball, since I know nothing about the sport lol maybe you could help teach my kids a few things about the game :lol:[/quote
Oucho, so you are a diaper dandy! I don't recall saying anything about you as a parent and you speak for yourself about the game. Let me be clear: I have no problems with your rules except one, the word quit. It's four letter. The second is I've never tired to live my life over for my kids they wouldn't like it but, I do expect them to give 100% and respect themselves and the people around them. Too many kids today take the easy way out. The answer is simple, practice harder and play harder finish what you start and YES coaching can influence it. Blue Ray, CD, John Wooden whoever or whatever, we DO NOT know how to run a zone offense, see if you can figure out who can change that. Hurry, your time will be coming soon!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

ocho stinko wrote:Redcoat so you say I know nothing about basketball and nothing about parenting. Can I order the attacking the zone offense dvd along with how to be an optimistic parent dvd! :lol: I would like them both autographed. Plus is there a special if I order them both? Money is kind of tight. :122249

As far as if they play basketball, since I know nothing about the sport lol maybe you could help teach my kids a few things about the game :lol:

"3. When my kids whine it is simple, work harder or quit, don't want to hear it."

QUIT... cant believe any parent would allow this option... for shame for shame.

"As far as if they play basketball, since I know nothing about the sport lol maybe you could help teach my kids a few things about the game "

i dont know either one of you.... but just from reading alittle bit here sounds like redcoat might be able to teach them some things bout the game............. that is jmo though.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

theassassin wrote:
ocho stinko wrote:Redcoat so you say I know nothing about basketball and nothing about parenting. Can I order the attacking the zone offense dvd along with how to be an optimistic parent dvd! :lol: I would like them both autographed. Plus is there a special if I order them both? Money is kind of tight. :122249

"3. When my kids whine it is simple, work harder or quit, don't want to hear it."

QUIT... cant believe any parent would allow this option... for shame for shame.

"As far as if they play basketball, since I know nothing about the sport lol maybe you could help teach my kids a few things about the game "

i dont know either one of you.... but just from reading alittle bit here sounds like redcoat might be able to teach them some things bout the game............. that is jmo though.

Assassin, do you need a blu ray?????? I just don't accept not providing kids with the proper tools to succeed.

Return to “Girls Basketball”