Nelsonville York Lady Buckeyes

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Nelsonville York Lady Buckeyes

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckeyes fan ... It would be great if we had a poster from Nelsonville-York to keep us up to date on the Buckeyes. If you go to the games and post their scores on SEOP - that would be great.

I'm not sure on any teams yet until I can see them play at least once - but with the TVC-Ohio kind of 'up-in-the-air' right now - I don't see why the 'Bucks couldn't contend.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think it was last year I watched Nelson/York play Logan and they had a young team and they played very well. If I'm remembering right they had a good freshman that handle the offense real well. At the time a thought this team will be heard from next year.

Go Ladies

soc fan
Waterboy

Post by soc fan »

It would have been nice to see your lady Buckeyes play last saturday because they were to play the lady Indians of
lucasville Valley, at 0930 but did not call or show up.... :?: :?:

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Got to see NY lady Bucks several times this summer!!! They were one of the best if not the best team that I got to see!!! They could have a huge year!!!

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

buckeyes fan wrote:Nelsonville's freshman showed she could play with the big girls of division 1 and 2 schools and dominated them saturday in their first scrimmage then on monday she played amazing aginst fairfield union
Before we get to excited, who were the division 1 and 2 schools.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

pitt87fan wrote:
buckeyes fan wrote:Nelsonville's freshman showed she could play with the big girls of division 1 and 2 schools and dominated them saturday in their first scrimmage then on monday she played amazing aginst fairfield union
Before we get to excited, who were the division 1 and 2 schools.
I think they played Logan (Div 1)

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Young and quick is the best way to describe them. They have the one big girl who is a freshman and very good, and 6-7 interchangeable girls who can play anywhere. They can compete for the conference if they play defense like they have in the scrimmages.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Looks like great sprotsmanship out of the Buckeyes. Someone said that the JV Coach pressed with the second team in and up 35 or more. Hopefully they're happy running the score up on a team that truely isn't very good? I'll have to look at this on Nelsonville TV cable today sometime. What do they say? "Things like that will come back to haunt you".

strongunderneath
Waterboy

Post by strongunderneath »

Varsity score was
NY 71
Fed Hock 14

I know with the varsity the girls passed up at least three outside shots per offensive set just to give the ball to their posts so they were not trying to run the score up.

I do believe last year Athens beat NY by about 40 or 50 points when they were a young team and starting 2 if not 3 freshmen so its all relative. You can say what you want about sportsmanship Athens 78 but watch the varsity and you will see what I am saying about NY passing up outside shots to give the ball to the posts.

Fed Hock never gave up and played hard until the end. Good job!

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Wait, wait, wait. Coach Close gets ripped every year by you TVC posters when his team wins by this amount. Just go back to all the things you and others said about him and Waterford and what he(they) could have/should have done to prevent this type of score. Doesn't matter how bad you opponent is, that is what was said.

Just a reminder.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

strongunderneath wrote:Varsity score was
NY 71
Fed Hock 14

I know with the varsity the girls passed up at least three outside shots per offensive set just to give the ball to their posts so they were not trying to run the score up.

I do believe last year Athens beat NY by about 40 or 50 points when they were a young team and starting 2 if not 3 freshmen so its all relative. You can say what you want about sportsmanship Athens 78 but watch the varsity and you will see what I am saying about NY passing up outside shots to give the ball to the posts.

Fed Hock never gave up and played hard until the end. Good job!
You are greatly mistaken here! Athens beat NY by 25 last year, and the game was an 8 point game at half-time according to trivalleyconference.com Try getting your facts right if you want to drag others into your messes.

strongunderneath
Waterboy

Post by strongunderneath »

Sorry I didn't have the exact scores in front of me Pol Pot. It is what it is. Over. We won over Fed Hock. I'm sure the outcome would've been the same if Athens had played them last night instead of NY.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I have no dog in this fight, just pointing out fallacies in your post in the name of accuracy.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

After watching Channel 15 Coach Walters run the score up. Did he take the full court press off....yes but they were extending their halfcourt defense out and jumping out to steal the ball every time then running a fast break for a lay up. With his encouragement. The also were running out of bounds plays and scoring quick and he was encouraging it all. Your up 30 points in the first half and still pressing? Here's a thought. if your team steals the ball no layups pull it out and run the offense for a couple minutes before you shoot, lay in a zone packed in the lane and don't jump out to steal the ball. Coach Butcher would never have done that to them or allowed his JV coach to do it. Coach Horsley has way more class. The JV coach had no class and acts like Grandy from Trimble a few years back.

I did notice the Varsity trying not to run the score up and Coach Dalton has a lot of class for that.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Wow...You watched one game and determined that the coach has no class...Impressive.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

You know what they say about having one chance to make a first impression

ny_bucks
Riding the Bench

Post by ny_bucks »

Coach Walter dont worry us fans in Nelsonville think you have class

ny_bucks
Riding the Bench

Post by ny_bucks »

Go Bucks and coach walter i think you have class best of luck this year

AdvAntAgeousbAller
Waterboy

Post by AdvAntAgeousbAller »

Buckeyes fan, the JV won by 53. The varsity won by 57. How can you possibly think the varsity "ran the score up" anymore than the JV? It's not an issue of telling the girls not to play, rather both teams are full of talent and a good coach doesn't tell his/her players no to take an open lane, nor an open shot. Both teams played tough. All NY HS coaches have class, none being classier than another.

AdvAntAgeousbAller
Waterboy

Post by AdvAntAgeousbAller »

Buckeyes Fan - the JV won by 53. The varsity won by 57. How can you possibly think that the varsity "ran the score up" any more than the JV? It's not an issue of running the score up, rather both teams are full of talent and a good coach won't tell his/her players to pass up an open lane nor an open shot. All NY HS coaches have class, none classier than another. If you're going to support NY, do it with some class and support them all.

Return to “Girls Basketball”