North Adams @ Lynchburg Clay 1-24-09

boomer633
Varsity

North Adams @ Lynchburg Clay 1-24-09

Post by boomer633 »

Both teams have 1 loss in the league since Lynchburg lost last night to Ripley while North Adams beat West Union. Should be a good game and hopefully afterwards North Adams will be all alone at the top of the SHL. Been awhile since that has been the case. Good luck tomorrow Lady Devils.

socfan
All Conference

Re: North Adams @ Lynchburg Clay 1-24-09

Post by socfan »

Big game for both teams. Hopefully the Lady Devils come to play all four quarters.

Reminder: This game is in the early afternoon. JV game starts at 11:00am; Varsity will start around 12:30.

Good Luck to the Lady Devils!!!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Rough one for the Lady Devils today! Lynchburg came out way more physical than the Lady Devils and caused a lot of trouble for them with that physical style. Poor shooting was a problem for NA as well especially in the 1st half. I forget the final score, just know NA lost by 14.

NA will get them again at home on Thursday the 29th. I think it should be a great game to watch!

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

How are the league standings shaping up in the SHL in both divisions at this time?

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

I know in the big school division that North Adams and Lynchburg basically control their own destiny. Lynchburg is in first with only one league loss. North Adams is in second with 2 league losses but with having Lynchburg one more time at home will have a chance to tie for the league title. Ripley is not far behind but can't remember how many league losses they have. I think 2 or 3 though, but they have lost to both Lynchburg and NA.

The small school division is between Fairfield and Fayetteville according to c103. Both have 2 league losses. Peebles has 3 league losses but have lost to both above teams I believe. Correct me if I am wrong on this one.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Eastern Brown is right back in it with 2 league losses. Hopefully the Lady Devils come back strong Thursday against Lynchburg at home. They must cut down on turnovers and need others to step up and score.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

boomer, you are right. For some reason, I was thinking that Eastern had 3 league losses, but they do only have 2. Thanks!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Eastern has 2 games left against Ripley and 1 game left against Lynchburg so they too control their destiny. North Adams really needs to come out strong against Lynchburg on Thursday.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Thanks for the info on the SHL right now.

North Adams has had a very good season and is talented and well-coached. I have been impressed with their depth and how hard the girls play. The early seaon injuries to Eastern Brown really put them at an early disadvantage but they seem to be playing well now that everyone is back. Who do they have left in league play? Lynchburg is always well coached and it looks like the big-school division will go down to the wire. That game on Thursday between Lynchburg and North Adams will be a big one.

You are correct in the small school division that Peebles has lost to both Fairfield and Fayetteville already.

Return to “Girls Basketball”