Gallipolis @ Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Gallipolis @ Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

Gallipolis won the first battle earlier this week in a physical game.

I expect things to be very intense tonight.

Good Luck Ironladies!

route93
Freshman Team

Re: Gallipolis @ Jackson

Post by route93 »

End of 1st quarter

Gallipolis 18
Jackson 8

Chilli Master
Waterboy

Post by Chilli Master »

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE FINAL SCORE

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gallipolis 49-40....or something very close

Gallipolis shot well the 1st half and Jackson battled back from about 15 down and got it back to 7 early in the 4th qtr...but couldn't get the flow to get any closer.

Good games by seniors Candace Chapman and Sharissa Cooper.

Refs were horrible...didn't decide the game....but didn't watch it either.

Chilli Master
Waterboy

Post by Chilli Master »

Thanks ironman for the score

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

The refs weren't very good but, it's up to the coach to get their attention. Coach Martin tried late in the game only after his daughter fouled out. That's the only time I've seen that this year. As a coach you have to earn the respect or your team and show them you are willing to fight with them. Some of the pounding our kids have taken this year deserves the the coach's respect.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Ref's need to be consistent. If they ref both games at Jackson the going rate is 125 a night. For heaven's sake be consistent! I use to think ref's homered people then I sat back and was neutral for a couple of games, and realized they are just poor. No mechanics, no consistency from one game to the next, no accountability for the ref's, many are out of shape a can't get into position for a call. Pretty much ridiculous. Needs to be a better way to evaluate the ref's and OHSAA needs to make this a priority now. There are a few that do a great job but the majority needs a lot of work. I still do not blame refs for a teams loss, but I do blame them for injuries, and for letting teams come to a point where fights nearly break out because they lose control of the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It wasn't that they had a certain style or type of calling.....they badly missed calls.

3 refs should not miss a stop and a start by a player dribbling down the court and continuously call complete no calls fouls and when a girl dribbling full speed gets hip checked....well let's just say that's how it gets dangerous for the kids.

His daughter fouled out on the most ridiculous foul call of the night.....moments after hitting a big 3 to start the 4th qtr.

Again, the refs did not decide the winner of the game....Gallipolis decided that and deserved it. I have never seen those refs. They were fine in the JV game....varsity, not so much.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

gahs4ever wrote:I wasnt at this particular game but after 62 years Ive seen enough games and after years on the scorer's table, I've become acquainted with enough game officials to make the following observations about perceived "bad refs."

There are some refs who let the physical stuff go more than others, and some are very ticky tack in what they call. It is the coach's and players jobs to adjust to the refs, not the other way around. If you are intelligent and see something being called and you continue to not make adjustments, you will be on the bench sooner or later.

The only thing you can ask of officials is that they be CONSISTENT. A foul in the first half should be a foul in the second, and if you arent calling something early in the game, it is unfair to call it later. Inconsistent officiating confuses the kids and coaches and IMO is more responsible for tempers flaring than perceived rough play.

It is to be assumed that all players will get away with as much as they can as long as it isnt being called. If not, there would be no need for officials. Refs are there to moderate and do it consistently.

The only homers Ive ever seen at ballgames are the fans in the stands. They want every little thing called at one end of the floor (even if it didnt happen), and they want nothing called at the other end. The cliche "Call It Both Ways" does not exist. Fans want it called one way. Want proof? Listen the next game you go to at your own fans who help the refs make every call that benefits THEIR team, but get strangely silent at the other end of the floor.

If your coaches have been in the league long enough, they should already have a knowledge of most league officials and how they call games. A part of game preparation in the locker room should include this information, and it should be repeated as often as necessary in game; especially if girls are getting into foul trouble for doing the same thing over and over.

Personally there are only two things about refs I have ever had a problem with: one is when they are not in position to make a call, and the other is when they anticipate a call (charging would be one example). Otherwise they only have one pair of eyes, unlike the hundreds of pairs of eyes in the stands who are elevated from the floor and see more than the refs can in real time. It's not an easy job, and it is a thankless one.

So what your telling me is that in your 62 years, you have never seen a coach dictate the flow of a game? I strongly disagree! I would use Norm Persin as a prime example on the high school level. I've seen him take a technical and turn the calls in his favor. Kids need to know that they have a coach willing to go to battle with them and I've yet to see it at Jackson.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

gahs4ever wrote:
Kids need to know that they have a coach willing to go to battle with them and I've yet to see it at Jackson.

I saw it at Jackson just last Friday night. In the boys JV game, coach Max Morrow literally yelled himself into a "T" in a game that eventually went into OT with Jackson winning by a single point.

I was on the scorers table for the varsity game to follow, and I saw Larry Jordan coaching the refs the entire game.

I think I'm talking about the Jackson Ironladies not the Jackson Ironmen???

Brushart
Waterboy

Post by Brushart »

The play where the coach was 10 feet out on the floor, occurred after a player had her arm ripped away from the ball and then a foul was called the other way. The girls already know that their coach will go to bat for them..

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

That's good to know, the next time I get to see them play I'll look forward to seeing it!!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Redcoat, if you have not seen all of the games why don't you shut your mouth! How on earth would you know if the coach is getting on the ref's or not. Obvisously you do not know what you are talking about. Acting like a baby and throwing tantrums on the sideline is not coaching. I think Jackson's coach has a lot more class than you.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

ocho stinko wrote:Redcoat, if you have not seen all of the games why don't you shut your mouth! How on earth would you know if the coach is getting on the ref's or not. Obvisously you do not know what you are talking about. Acting like a baby and throwing tantrums on the sideline is not coaching. I think Jackson's coach has a lot more class than you.

Sorry, I haven't reponded sooner I've been out of town. Oucho as an obvious Bengal fan you probably do know alot about class. All I said was, that as a coach there are times that you have to take up for your team with officals, to stop the hard fouls, a run or at least fire them up! Over the last two plus years I've seen times when this should have been done. One last thing Oucho, this has nothing to do with class, that has never been questioned. It's about getting you kids to buy into your system whatever that may be? Class is important, but I've not seen it win ball games or at the very least figure out how to attack a zone defense. Which is a topic for another day!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

put someone in the high post against a zone defense

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

ReCoat- My user name is ocho stinko I am making fun of the Bengals, of course you are not SMART enough to figure that one out. You must be a Browns fan! A lot of class there. So just how would you attack a zone defense I am curious to hear? I bet you sit at the games with your arms folded and are a real negative person to sit buy. Let me know the CD you made on how to attack a zone defense and I will call the coach and have him buy it. I am guessing it is on the America's Top Sellers list. Is it on Blue- Ray? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope so! So to answer the football question- you can kiss my terrible towel! Are you smart enough to figure out my team now. :122249

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

put someone in the high post or penetrate gaps... that is what most people do against zone defense.

ocao... what you do jump on bandwagon with your terrible towel

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Know I just rub the opposing fans noses with my terrible towel. I think we have room for another super bowl ring. Was mostly a Bill Cowher fan but this coach is doing fine. High post, penetrate gaps, yada yada yada heard that for years. High post is real effective with a 5' 7" post. I am waiting on turncoats I mean redcoats Blu Ray version on how to attack a zone. I will buy it I swear! I hope it comes autographed :lol:

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

ocho stinko wrote:Know I just rub the opposing fans noses with my terrible towel. I think we have room for another super bowl ring. Was mostly a Bill Cowher fan but this coach is doing fine. High post, penetrate gaps, yada yada yada heard that for years. High post is real effective with a 5' 7" post. I am waiting on turncoats I mean redcoats Blu Ray version on how to attack a zone. I will buy it I swear! I hope it comes autographed :lol:

Oucho you come off to smart to be a towel waiver! I guess you can always use it to flush down the Browns. As far as my CD goes I got mine in the 5th grade biddie league program. Attacking a zone comes from the foul line(high post) and today they might even try the dead spot or possibly even the dreaded overload. I hope that didn't confuse you. I haven't seen to many 3 gaurd weaves with twenty foot skip passes in my time, but you know it was the 5th grade. Don't take it so personal and you shouldn't pick on the Assassin he already appears to have forgot more basketball than you and I both know! One last thing, you've got to love those Dallas Cowboys!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”