North Adams v. Eastern Brown (12-4-08)

slamdunk
Varsity

North Adams v. Eastern Brown (12-4-08)

Post by slamdunk »

This is an early season match that is as big as any game could be this early in the season. Eastern comes into this season as the odds on favorite to win the league again, but North Adams has very high hopes for their season as well this year. I think this will be a great one to watch!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Re: North Adams v. Eastern Brown (12-4-08)

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Yes, I agree...should be a very good game...Best of luck to both teams.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Eastern Brown girls and Coach Kiser are the measuring stick for the SHL. Hopefully North Adams can break the streak of losses that they have had against Eastern. Should be a good game and should tell where this young North Adams team is at.
Last edited by boomer633 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Eastern Brown still the best in the league

peeblesbuck
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesbuck »

I heard that Eastern has a couple of key players out tonight. Any truth to that?

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Eastern has a 6ft center that didn't dress for the preview but I don't know if she is playing tonight or not.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

North Adams pulled off what many will consider an upset by beating Eastern Brown tonight by a final of 51 to 46. It was a great game as expected. Defense was the name of the game for the Lady Devils tonight. Their terrific full court pressure wore down the Lady Warriors and forced them into numerous turnovers.

A GREAT win for the North Adams Lady Devils program tonight. What a great boost it will be to this young North Adams team for the remainder of the season.

GREAT JOB LADY DEVILS!!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

slamdunk wrote:North Adams pulled off what many will consider an upset by beating Eastern Brown tonight by a final of 51 to 46. It was a great game as expected. Defense was the name of the game for the Lady Devils tonight. Their terrific full court pressure wore down the Lady Warriors and forced them into numerous turnovers.

A GREAT win for the North Adams Lady Devils program tonight. What a great boost it will be to this young North Adams team for the remainder of the season.

GREAT JOB LADY DEVILS!!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

slamdunk,

I agree completely!!!

The play of senior Sarah Shupert was HUGE!! After picking up two early fouls and having to sit for most of the first half, Shupert came out in the second with a purpose!! She scored eight points to lead to Lady Devils in a 17-6 third quarter that turned a 23-22 EB lead into a 39-29 North Adams lead after 3 quarters.

PicketFence
Waterboy

Post by PicketFence »

Yeah, I hear these Lady Devils are, to quote Dan Patrick, "Dare I say...en fuego!"

Big game, big win!
Last edited by PicketFence on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I knew it would be a good game....That is just SHL basketball at it best.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

This win was the definition of a team win with all of the North Adams players playing an important role. This was the first time a North Adams team had beaten Eastern Brown in 12 years. That speaks volumes for the caliber of teams and program that Eastern Brown has had as well as the caliber coach that Coach Kiser is. Great win for North Adams and am looking forward to good things from them as the season moves forward. Congratulations to Coach Davis and all his players. Keep that runaway train rocking North Adams.

Return to “Girls Basketball”