Chillicothe vs. Minford 11-29-08 (PV Lady Cats Classic)

Black Panther
SEO

Chillicothe vs. Minford 11-29-08 (PV Lady Cats Classic)

Post by Black Panther »

Should be a very good early test for both teams.Any thoughts??

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Re: Chillicothe vs. Minford 11-29-08 (PV Lady Cats Classic)

Post by Captain Cavalier »

GOOD LUCK LADY CAVS :!: :!:

GO CAVS!
Riding the Bench

Post by GO CAVS! »

The only player the Cavs lost from last year's team was Meagan Lee (playing D1) and gain Hannah Day who was out last year with a knee injury.
The Cavs have more depth than in the past and will be a defensive pressure team. Can't wait to get the season started!!! Monique Lee is playing with a great deal of confidence, Jasmine Vinson has another year under belt and is playing good inside, and Hannah Day is playing aggressively all over the court.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

GO CAVS! wrote:The only player the Cavs lost from last year's team was Meagan Lee (playing D1) and gain Hannah Day who was out last year with a knee injury.
The Cavs have more depth than in the past and will be a defensive pressure team. Can't wait to get the season started!!! Monique Lee is playing with a great deal of confidence, Jasmine Vinson has another year under belt and is playing good inside, and Hannah Day is playing aggressively all over the court.

Jasmine Vinson made alot of strides last year.She is one of the underrated returnees this year, but make no mistake she is a very good player!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Good Luck Lady CAVS!

GoBlue
Waterboy

Post by GoBlue »

If this program is indeed on the upswing and is as good as some think then why in the world are we playing the likes of Minford? This team/program needs to be playing teams out of the Cincy/Columbus areas - take notes from the boy's program.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The likes of Minford? You need to check out the Lady Cavs schedule my friend...They are indeed playing Columbus and Cincinnati schools.They play Columbus Watterson and Cincinnati Glen Este.Maybe not Moeller or Eastmoore but who cares....The schedule is in the Chillicothe Lady Cavs thread below.

son of busdriver
Waterboy

Post by son of busdriver »

What do you mean the likes of Minford? GoBlue you really think Chillicothe is a comparison to Columbus or Cincinnati? Ask your coach what she thinks of Southern Ohio Lady Basketball players.I don't think she would be putting down Minford or anyone else. We will see if you are ready to play the" Big Girls" after tomorrow.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

I agree Busdriver,Coach Hughes knows all about Minford.I think GoBlue is just trying to start his negative spin already.Like BP said check out the schedule before saying something GoBlue.They do indeed play a Cinn and Cols team.But as last year proved the SOC was one of if not the toughest conference in the state.Should be right up there again this year.

ocho-cinco
Waterboy

Post by ocho-cinco »

Why doesn't Chillicothe play the likes of Unioto, Miami Trace and McClain?

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

To my knowledge, the U has never played Chilly in a regular season, and last year was the 1st time in the tourney. Until recently there had been a very significant difference in the size schools. Even still it is 350 or so for Chilly to 220 for the U. I would guess that in years past CHS had absolutely nothing to gain by playing the U, and a whole lot to lose, especially given how many good teams the U has had over the years. I can't speak for Trace or McClain - they seem like naturals.
Last edited by barman on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I agree, these would be good reg season matchups and dont know why they dont play, but they do have the chance to play them in the tournament.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

GoBlue:
..actually Minford has been playing Columbus and Cincy teams...and beating them...'so the likes of Minford' comment may have been made a little hastily. Ask the D1 and D2 schools we have been scrimmaging how 'the likes of Minford' beat them! :roll:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Minford 64,Chillicothe 42 Final :(
Last edited by Black Panther on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Where is GoBlue? You questioned why Chillicothe would want to play the likes of Minford! I believe you owe the Minford Falcons a huge apology! Why would you want to play Columbus and Cincinnati schools when you did not beat the likes of Minford. I wish the best to Coach Hughes and the Cavaliers! Congrats Lady Falcons and have a great year!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Dont let the GoBlue nickname fool you.He is more negative toward Chillicothe than positive.Congrats to the Falcons,they must be one heck of a team to have beaten the Lady Cavs by that much.
Last edited by Black Panther on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Anyone at this game tonight? I'm not shocked that Minford won, I thought it was a pick em at best going in but losing by that much?? WOW! Didn't see that one coming.Looks like Oak Hill and SW will have some competiton in SOC 2 after all.Heck,Minford might be the best team of the three anyway...

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

Thanks black panther, Minford Lady Falcons are a very good team!
As is the Lady Cavs. Congrats Minford great game. Keep it up!!!
Captain Cavalier, i agree with you that Oak Hill will compete with
Minford, but the Lady Jeeps won't be able too -with or without Cook.
Nothing against SW, its just a fact, and just my opinion.
Minford is a very talented and determined team! They will be hard to stop.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Where is GoBlue???..How'd u like playing the 'likes of Minford' haha! :lol: :lol: :lol: Great game Lady Falcons!!! Keep up the good work! Chillicothe has a great team and fine coaching! They should be very successful this year! Minford has a lot of stiff competition coming up, so keep working hard! Congrats to the Minford coaching staff on their first win with the girls!! Great job!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

shocking score

Return to “Girls Basketball”