Federal Hocking Lancers

freethrow
Varsity

Federal Hocking Lancers

Post by freethrow »

I didn't see anything about the Lancers so how will they be this year. I understand that coach Butcher is back and that's a plus in it's self. How many returning letter winners do they have?

tazman
Riding the Bench

Re: Federal Hocking Lancers

Post by tazman »

they have many of the same players they ended with last year. dunfee is returning as a senior and should have a pretty solid year, and butcher will certainly be a stand out player and put up some points, as usual. but i believe that the real sleeper in the group is the sophomore cuckler. she didn't play a whole lot last year but what i saw she is going to be the "real deal" especially once you get some experience under her belt. i believe her and butcher will carry the team with dunfee as a strong, reliable back up. i am not sure about the other two but i can guarantee these three will be starting under Mr. Butcher! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

1. Waterford
2. Federal Hocking
3. Trimble
4. Eastern
5. Southern
6. Miller

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

Well put freethrow... my predictions exactly. :-D
Waterford will go undefeated in the TVC Hocking and probably close to it on the season!

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

don't count out the lancers against waterford.. I really look for federal and waterford to split in the season and share the title...just my thought on things..

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Federal has a tough non-conference schedule for this year, including:

Crooksville (Home/Away)
New Lexington
Logan Elm
Wellston
Marietta Hoops Classic
Beallsville (Home/Away)
Alexander
Nelsonville
FCI Academy

Good luck to the Lady Lancers this year

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

That is a tough schedule. Wellston and Crooksville should be easy wins but the others will be
tough.

sprt4life
Waterboy

Post by sprt4life »

tazman wrote:they have many of the same players they ended with last year. dunfee is returning as a senior and should have a pretty solid year, and butcher will certainly be a stand out player and put up some points, as usual. but i believe that the real sleeper in the group is the sophomore cuckler. she didn't play a whole lot last year but what i saw she is going to be the "real deal" especially once you get some experience under her belt. i believe her and butcher will carry the team with dunfee as a strong, reliable back up. i am not sure about the other two but i can guarantee these three will be starting under Mr. Butcher! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

i totally agree. Chanda is a tough athlete who can run the floor. I look for these three to stand out. Along with Junior Hannah Mckibben in there as well.

sprt4life
Waterboy

Post by sprt4life »

freethrow wrote:1. Waterford
2. Federal Hocking
3. Trimble
4. Eastern
5. Southern
6. Miller

I agree with your fist two but the third and forth i do not.

Eastern is going to have a pretty good year. With the addition of Kasey Turley from Southern and new coach John Burdette. I see them staying with Federal Hocking and most deffintaly beating Trimble. Trimble with be decent with 3 good sophmores and The Harper girl in the poast. But i look for Kasey Turley and Sophmores Emeri Connery and Allie Rawson to be tough this year for Eastern.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

The Hocking will for sure be a lot better over all than in the past with Waterford, Federal, Eastern and Trimble
all doing well.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

b
Last edited by trimblebookworm on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprt4life
Waterboy

Post by sprt4life »

trimblebookworm wrote:Trimble has a new coach, and all returning starters. They will be much better than anticipated, and much better than Eastern.

and the only reason you just said that is because your from trimble. im not from either. but i can tell you eastern will beat trimble and trust me i know coach burdette he will have these girls ready. you guys dont belive me now but jsut wait. i beat they give fed hock a run for their money.

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

Uhm, Okay.
I will give eastern credit, they weren't bad last year for as young as they were, but if you remeber trimble was young also, and they had a very inexpirienced coach. Trimble still managed to pull off a 10-10 seson. Just because Eastern has the Addition of The Turley girl, it doesnt mean they will come out being as great as you antisipate.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

I look for federal hocking to finish 3rd in the tvc behind waterford and trimble..Waterford has better players and trimble has about equal talent but a much better coach

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

sprt4life wrote:
trimblebookworm wrote:Trimble has a new coach, and all returning starters. They will be much better than anticipated, and much better than Eastern.

and the only reason you just said that is because your from trimble. im not from either. but i can tell you eastern will beat trimble and trust me i know coach burdette he will have these girls ready. you guys dont belive me now but jsut wait. i beat they give fed hock a run for their money.

the only way eastern stands a chance is if coach Burdette suits up for the eagles and i dont see that happening

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

come on trimblebookworm ... federal behind trimble because trimble has a better coach :lol: :lol: please send me some of what your smoking :lol: :lol: :lol:

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

sneake-pete wrote:come on trimblebookworm ... federal behind trimble because trimble has a better coach :lol: :lol: please send me some of what your smoking :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! :-D :-D :-D
Send me some as well. thats got to be the funniest joke i've heard in 2008!
Federal has the best coach in the league.
Joe Butcher has done it for years and has nice numbers to back it up!
HAHAHA... i can't stop laughing.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

tazman wrote:
sneake-pete wrote:come on trimblebookworm ... federal behind trimble because trimble has a better coach :lol: :lol: please send me some of what your smoking :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! :-D :-D :-D
Send me some as well. thats got to be the funniest joke i've heard in 2008!
Federal has the best coach in the league.
Joe Butcher has done it for years and has nice numbers to back it up!
HAHAHA... i can't stop laughing.

I will agree with you that butcher has had good numbers with not only the girls, but also when he was the coach of the boys....but come on..anybody could put up good coaching numbers with the talent that hes always had

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Tbw :If you say they have that much talent, and anybody can coach them and win, How can you say Trimble will finsh ahead of FED HOCK?????? Don't think SO. But talent is only as good as the coach, and Fed has a good one. I'll pick the Lancers to Win the TVC this year over Waterford.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Catch One wrote:Tbw :If you say they have that much talent, and anybody can coach them and win, How can you say Trimble will finsh ahead of FED HOCK?????? Don't think SO. But talent is only as good as the coach, and Fed has a good one. I'll pick the Lancers to Win the TVC this year over Waterford.

I was reffering to the days when he was the boys coach...and i said that they had about equal talent with trimble, but trimble has a much better coach, and in that case trimble would be ahead of Fed Hock. Waterford has BY FAR the most talent so theres deffinatly no chance fed finishes the season in front of waterford

Return to “Girls Basketball”