MINFORD 08-09

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Re: MINFORD 08-09

Post by DaRecGuy »

Good Work, he had NO clue what he was talking about anyways.

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

went to watch minford play. man was i disappointed. girls with talent and no direction. these girls shouldn't be losing they should be winning. i heard this was their big year and they are losing games? just would like to get all your opinions as to why you think minford has lost games to much weaker teams...

re
Waterboy

Post by re »

Look, It is only June and the Girls from all the schools in our area have been doing alot of stuff not only B-ball, to say who will be the best, or who will win the POY, or even that a team just does not look very good its just to early they are KIDS even the ones in 11th or 12th grade KIDS, everyone should enjoy the fact that win or lose
the girls are playing a sport and not getting in trouble. ENJOY THE KIDS.....All of them... :)

anthony69
Waterboy

Post by anthony69 »

Which game did you attend?

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

who said anything about POY? i can only hope that this is not what any of the KIDS are thinking about at this point and time...

anthony69
Waterboy

Post by anthony69 »

Well out of out of 22 teams they have faced this summer only 1 has beaten them....
I dont think that is losing. It is early.......

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

What game did you watch??? They've only lost one game to a very talented Waterford team. The tournament game they lead most of the time til the end and a Waterford player made a 3 and won...and it was just a 4 minute game..so exactly what game are you talking about that they played? The varsity was in Ironton this weekend and the jv was at Whiteoak..so what are you talking about?? 22-1 is pretty good for summer basketball!

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

we must have been missed informed about the minford team. that is why we were asking for opinions but what i saw they lost a game at ironton and heard they lost again to the same team, heard they lost a game or two at shawnee and lost to a team at another shootout. we are just trying to keep up with the girls and how it is going with your new coach. not much being posted on this minford site. didn't know they have played that many games... again, just asking for updates and opinions.

i know it is very early in the year and appreciate your opinion and thanks for letting us know what is really going on with the minford girls team. does anyone have a schedule of any upcoming shootouts JV or Varsity?

Falcon Pride
Waterboy

Post by Falcon Pride »

daluvofallsports: We did play a close game at Shawnee with Bucyrus. The girls keeping score kept giving our score to the other team. Both teams knew who really won....wasn't a big deal....wasn't a need to argue it. As far as the other shootouts, we haven't lost any games. Someone must have given you some wrong info. The only true loss I'm aware of is to Waterford.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Thanks Falcon Pride for clearing that up! There were no other losses this summer and the losses to Waterford, the first, unfortunately, shots were just not going in. We were getting plenty of looks, they just wouldn't fall. Though Waterford is a great team. In the 4 minute tournament, we led til the end. I think the girls are looking great, of course there is lots to work on, thats why we are playing! Good luck girl and keep up all the hard work!

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

The Varsity will be at Wilmington College this weekend where they will face some really great competiton such as Lakota West, Leipsic, St Marys and several others! Good Luck Falcons!

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

good luck to the lady falons at wilmington!

anthony69
Waterboy

Post by anthony69 »

They are at Greenfield this evening.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

I seen the other night justice PG , move the ball up court make a pass and never get it back on several plays .also heard that the coach asked younger players to join at a shoot out and a varsity player asked the two players WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE. if that is leadership minford is in trouble.seems that they got the right coach the one that turns his head .and the parent got the right one . 8)

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

bushmaster--1st..sometimes the pg doesn't get the ball back..anyone who knows anything about basketball, knows sometimes a pg distributes the ball where it needs to go..the team scores..and she has done her job well. Traditionally, your point guard isn't your high scorer and I've seen most of the games this summer and I have never seen the girls not give the ball to whomever was running the point when they were open and in a scoring position. Secondly, our coach is doing a tremendous job. We just won the Wilmington Camp this weekend. We played extremely talented D2 schools like Lakota West, 7 Hills and several others. The girls played great and our coach was constantly teaching and instructing the whole time. The one thing you said right was that we do have the right coach. It's not because he turns his head..its because all the girls like and respect him and he is teaching and coaching 100 percent of the time!

Falcon Pride
Waterboy

Post by Falcon Pride »

Bushmaster--Did you actually make the trip to Greenfield the other day. I believe only 5 parents made the trip. I don't recall seeing you there. If so, then I assume you made the Wilmington trip also. I don't know what you seen, but I seen a group of girls play their hearts out for a coach against some high caliber D2 teams that actually outsized us. He coached every step of the way and the girls responded. I couldn't be more proud of our team and coach right now for pulling out the win.

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

"on several plays" How many plays do teams make during a game? From what I hear on here Minford is doing a good job this year. Good luck girls. Can't wait till the season begins.

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

Great job girls at Wilmington, you know if a older player asks a younger player "what are you doing here?", that is not a sign of problems, it is just a question, and yes that player may feel threaten for her/his position, but they go out and play harder, if they are ball players. Also, I watched Kendra play all summer in AAU, she moves without the ball and that is where she helps make an impact, you have to guard her every where and at all times, she will stick the jumpshot on you or go back door, so even without the ball she helps the offense...Great Job Ladies and Coach, keep it up!!

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

problems??????????????
surely not :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”