South Webster vs. New Boston D 4 District Championship

waydowntown
Freshman Team

South Webster vs. New Boston D 4 District Championship

Post by waydowntown »

So it's all set. These 2 SOC teams match up for a shot at a Division 4 district championship. This is the 2nd straight year South Webster has been in this position, suprisinging a lot of people last year by knocking off Adena. Everyone on another thread is talking about Cook vs. Wiley, but it's their supporting cast that's going to make the difference in this one. South Webster has two of the top guards and this area with Cook and Cayton, and one of the best inside defensive presences around in Sherman. South Webster's defense is smothering, and their shooting can be deadly. Wiley and the Buckley sisters are the heart of the Lady Tigers team. Both teams won their district semifinals easily, so let's get some thoughts on this game...I'm going to say the Lady Jeep wins their second straight District Championship by around 12 points or so...Good Luck to both teams...

GO LADY JEEPS!
Last edited by waydowntown on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

When and where?

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

No sure when but it's at Jackson High School.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston and South Webster play Thursday, 2/21 at 8:15 at Jackson High School.

Waterford and Leesburg Fairfield play at 6:15.

Good Luck to all four teams!

Go Tigers!

FalconX
JV Team

Re: South Webster vs. New Boston D 4 District Championship

Post by FalconX »

waydowntown wrote:Everyone is talking about Cook vs. Wiley, but it's their supporting cast that's going to make the difference in this one.

I would hardly call Cayton a member of Cook's supporting cast. :roll:

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I'm sure both teams aren't looking at this as Cook vs Wiley. I know the Lady Jeeps are a team and it takes a team to do the things that they have done this year. Yes, Cook and Cayton are probably the two best guards in southern Ohio but the rest of the team is right there with them every night doing what they do best. Roark is one of the quickest players I have seen all year and she can also bust the 3 when she gets the chance along with Queen who has had many 3s this year. Moore is quick also and can jump like a deer along with making the 3s. Puckett is awesome at defense and has the senior leadership they need. Rawlins is right in there getting the buckets when she gets the ball and gets better each game on boxing out. Sherman is a giant in the post and loves to hammer the ball when she gets the chance to block. Even tho the bench players haven't gotten a lot of playing time so far in the tournament doesn't mean they are not right there with their encouragement and we all know their are ready to go in when we need them.

I know I may be rambling a little bit but all these girls have gotten the team where they are right now. We love them all. That was apparent Saturday by the amount of people who showed up to support the girls. Hope to see even more people on Thursday.

Go Jeeps and bring home another net!!!

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster vs. New Boston D 4 District Championship

Post by waydowntown »

Minford Millie wrote:
waydowntown wrote:Everyone is talking about Cook vs. Wiley, but it's their supporting cast that's going to make the difference in this one.

I would hardly call Cayton a member of Cook's supporting cast. :roll:

Oh definitely not. That's just what some other people were talking about on another thread. Both players are tremendous and each player on this team has the talent to lead their team to another district championship.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SW will win and if Cook doesn't have as good of a game as Wiley and Cayton goes long spurts between 3's....Sherman's presence inside should still be enough to keep them from losing.

I do think Sherman MUST stay on the court as Wiley will get inside and SW must keep little Wiley from grabbing 10+ boards (which it seemed like she got vs SG)

This game will show how good Wiley is....and she's pretty darn good so this should be fun.

NB can't allow Cayton to shoot 3's all game long and mostly being wide open. SW had a couple other girls drill some timely 3's when they got the chance. I'd let Cayton penetrate but not shoot the open 3 ball.

Should be a fun game!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I think that the Jeeps will probably win this one. To many weapons on that team. Should be a decent game though...

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good luck to the Jeeps. I don't see this one being close, but could be wrong.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I'll stay with the LADY JEEPS in this one!!! :lol:

basketballjunky
Waterboy

Post by basketballjunky »

How many close games have either of these teams played? Games where they were really tested to the max to see just how good they really are? I mean like you said, they had it pretty easy for their distric semifinal games.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

south webster has had hard fought victories over wheelersburg,minford,and oak hill all 3 of which are playing for division III
district championships themselves so im gonna say south webster has been tested
im gonna take south webtser cant see it being close

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Webster had several ; both Wheelersburg, both Minford, both Oak Hill an the last Valley game was all tight until the end except for the last Minford game an they pulled out a 2 point victory at Minford. These girls DONT QUIT :twisted: when they get the taste of blood they go for the JUGG!!!!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

This is all very polite,. I have seen both teams. Webster will win in a rout. I'd say by 20 plus.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

lol...I just didnt want to be so harsh.

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

Good Luck to both teams but would like to see the Lady Jeeps win this one!

kahn
Freshman Team

game on

Post by kahn »

the Jeeps no doubt have an advantage but New Boston is a scrappy team and is very good defensively.

Wiley is their main scorer but they have several good defenders.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

New Boston does have a scrappy team and they have had a great year but they won't be able to hang too long with South Webster.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Does New Boston have any other good scorers to accompany Wiley???? If not then it sounds like Webster could just put the focus of their defense on her. I just hope the game is not a blowout.

Return to “Girls Basketball”