reedsville eastern vs ironton st. joe

whatever
Waterboy

reedsville eastern vs ironton st. joe

Post by whatever »

the eagles havent been playing very well and havent had a very good season....but i think that coach quillen will have them reay thursday night and they will come up with the win somehow.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

The young female Flyers have been inconsistent at times but also have played very well at times. The girls have been given a game plan and now it's time to execute it. If we do that and play solid defense for 32 minutes then the game will take care of itself. Good luck Flyers and let's bring home a championship for the school, community, and the great parents that have supported these young ladies all year long.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Good luck Female Flyers!!!! Light it up Schwaby!!!!!!!!!

The
Flying Dutchman Baton Rouge
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Good luck to the Female Flyers.

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Nice win by the Lady Eagles, 42 - 21

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Eastern 14 2 13 13 42
St. Joe 7 9 2 3 21

Eastern

Katie Hayman 17
Morgan Werry 6
Allie Rawson 6
Kaylee Milam 5
Emery Connery 4
Amanda Durham 2
Karissa Connolly 2

Ironton St. Joe

Charleigh Haas 12
Katie Schwab 4
Michelle Staton 3
Katie Hacker 2

Eastern survives a 1-15 shooting in the second quarter from the field.

They move on to district play at Jackson High school on Saturday Feb. 16 at noon.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Way to go Lady Eagles very nic win

the thinker
gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Wow, katie hayman almost outscored the entire other team. Nice job Lady Eagles.
Last edited by gh123 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

You score 5 points in a half whenever your point guard goes down with an injury. Your leading rebounder goes down with an injury and one of your two seniors goes down with an ACL tear. If you weren't there don't post a post that sounds like you are putting our girls down. If you don't have a clue then you're better off not saying anything.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

You really do not think it would have really made any difference. Eagles are a much better team.

the thinker
lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Not trying to put your girls down. Eastern was a lot faster and stronger on defense, even before your injuries happened. And I believe that 2 of your 3 injuries came back into the game. #34(I think, little blonde girl) IMO should have been put in sooner, she was the quickest on your team as far as getting back down the floor on defense.

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

The thing is (think about it) I don't know if it would have made a difference or not and we'll never know. It was a tie game at half and then the point guard goes down as the third quarter begins. The problem I have is don't judge our girls and make a statement like how do you only score 5 points in a half. I can tell you this at St. Joe there is nothing but class from our parents and the community. Reading posts on here it seems as though all they do there is gripe and complain about the coach. There is so much more to teaching girls basketball during a season. You also teach them to be young ladies that grow into productive adults. We don't and very few schools don't have girls that are going to college on a basketball scholarship but I will say our two senior girls carry a 4.0 GPA and are co-validictorians and have been accepted at Kentucky and Ohio State. That makes me as proud of them as any accomplishment they have even received in basketball.

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

PeteRoseHOF: great comments about an outstanding group of young ladies.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I was at the game and Eastern was a much better team than St. Joe, All of St.Joe's players were in the first quarter but eastern had a 14-7 lead, then Eastern goes dry shooting the ball in the second quarter. After that they started shooting better again and took control of the game. IMHO the press that Eastern applied won the game, St. Joe just had way to many turnovers to have a real good chance. I thought it was a good team win for Eastern and wish them the best of luck in their next game.

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

Thank You coach from Reddsville for checking in the training room after the game and making sure our girls were ok. Very classy move and good luck to you and the Reedsville girls next Saturday in Athens.

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

Sorry about the typo. Just finishing my planning period and I've got kids ready to come in. I meant Reedsville not reddsville.

Return to “Girls Basketball”