Marietta vs Vinton County

justme21
Waterboy

Marietta vs Vinton County

Post by justme21 »

Any thoughts?Can Vinton County slow down Dawson and Brown?

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Re: Marietta vs Vinton County

Post by Falcon Fan »

Halftiime Vinton County 32 Marietta 28 great game so far.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

How about that. Should have went to the game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VC is up 48-41 after 3.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

Marietta 63 Vinton County 61 great great game Vinton County much better than I expected. Marietta was relentless in the 4th quater. So many good Girls Basketball players theses days very wxciting to see.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

After playing the Vikings twice I can attest that they are probably the best shooting team 1 thru 8 that I have ever seen. When they are on they are a handful for anybody---seemed like every kid on that team could knock down the 3---they present you match up nightmares.

justme21
Waterboy

Post by justme21 »

Vinton County played a great game, it went right down to the end! Brown for Marietta played a great all around game, knocking down the 3's.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

Brown kept Marietta in the game in the 1st half about the only mistake VC made was losing track of her a couple of times. Dawson was great in the 4th quarter probably shot 14 to 16 foul shots in the quarter, all earned and fouled out to VC guards. Fortdawg nailed it VC was playing 7 deep without dropoff and was getting production from everyone. For what it's worth I was very impressed with the pee wee coach I think they need to keep him.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

If they keep him we could probably drop the pee wee crap.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

he will all ways be a pee wee coach. a train monkey could have coach this team to 13 wins, there schedule was terrible. when you look at it, meigs horrible 2 wins, alex horrible 2 wins, wellston not good 2 wins, ny ok 2 wins, southeastern playin freshman 1 win, paint valley not good 1 win, ironton not good 1 win, gallipolis the worst team in the area 1 win, there best win was at home against athens. they were beat and sometimes badly by teams that were the same size or bigger than them, jackson, athens away, unioto, logan, marietta twice, river valley who is horrible also, lost. he is not a good coach and he is not a very nice person. he doesnt teach defense and yells at them if they make a mistake.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Kenny, he yells at them if they make a mistake? Excuse me, but isn't that what coaches do? I believe I even saw Coach Combs yell at a player one time. Congratulations on a successful year Lady Vikings!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Why didn't you mention them losing to Lucasville Valley too? I mean, he didn't coach against Unioto and you felt the need to mention that one, why not the 1st game? Started off 0-4 against 4 very good teams, then winning 14 of 18 to finish the season is pretty impressive, I don't care what kind of schedule you play.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Coach Dixon will most likely be if not co coach of the year in ladies tvc ohio basketball conference.
Great season ladies

Great job Mark and Megan

GO VIKES

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

danica, the Vikings did start out 0-4, but finished winning 13 of the 18 games.

The Vikings will say goodbye to three wonderful seniors; Keisha Griffith, Kelsey Griffith, and Josie Ward. Three young ladies that will go on to great and wonderful endeavors in the future. As for the TVC COY Coach Dixon is deserving and the best athlete in the league was Caitlyn Owings, hands down, and she deserves TVC POY.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote:he will all ways be a pee wee coach. a train monkey could have coach this team to 13 wins, there schedule was terrible. when you look at it, meigs horrible 2 wins, alex horrible 2 wins, wellston not good 2 wins, ny ok 2 wins, southeastern playin freshman 1 win, paint valley not good 1 win, ironton not good 1 win, gallipolis the worst team in the area 1 win, there best win was at home against athens. they were beat and sometimes badly by teams that were the same size or bigger than them, jackson, athens away, unioto, logan, marietta twice, river valley who is horrible also, lost. he is not a good coach and he is not a very nice person. he doesnt teach defense and yells at them if they make a mistake.

Oh no, he yells at them.??? :shock: That is horrible. I have never seen Gino or Pat yell at anyone. WOW!!! :lol:

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

my family and friends in vc say that he embarasses them maybe that is what kenny means. the schedule was to easy and it will be the only thing that may save the pee wee coach. at the begining of the season he wasnt playin the favorite granddaughter now she plays a lot while the griffith girls sit so maybe nana wont do to him what she had done to the kight boy.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

While some posts on the VC threads can in fact be a little funny at times - I think some of them are getting a little too close to breaking the rules on SEOPS ... Why not just let it die and move on to softball?

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

93 Dog

I second that motion, no vote needed.

Thx

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

ssbball wrote:
Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote:he will all ways be a pee wee coach. a train monkey could have coach this team to 13 wins, there schedule was terrible. when you look at it, meigs horrible 2 wins, alex horrible 2 wins, wellston not good 2 wins, ny ok 2 wins, southeastern playin freshman 1 win, paint valley not good 1 win, ironton not good 1 win, gallipolis the worst team in the area 1 win, there best win was at home against athens. they were beat and sometimes badly by teams that were the same size or bigger than them, jackson, athens away, unioto, logan, marietta twice, river valley who is horrible also, lost. he is not a good coach and he is not a very nice person. he doesnt teach defense and yells at them if they make a mistake.

Oh no, he yells at them.??? :shock: That is horrible. I have never seen Gino or Pat yell at anyone. WOW!!! :lol:
well im sure that when gino or pat , who ever they are, yells they are teachin or motivatin. when the pee wee coach yells he ask 'what are you doin?" you mean he doesnt know. that is because he doesnt. i hope nana gets rid of him or maybe i will show up at the bankqet with a petition. heres a idea with aep raisin rates, theres talk closing a shift at the factory cause of it, in the paper they said the electric bill was going to 123,000 bucks more, lets get rid of nana and the pee wee coach that should cover the new bill. sorry dog, we have a crisis over here and everybody is ignoring it.

Return to “Girls Basketball”