OAK HILL VS SOUTH EUCLID REGINA

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Re: OAK HILL VS SOUTH EUCLID REGINA

Post by johndeere »

I don't know if you can call it cheating but lets just say some under the table funny business!!!! Lets just say you coach an AAU summer league team for years. From those teams you get several players to transfer or move into your school district. What do you call it???? Just asking!!!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

RESPECT!

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

John Deere,
We have been through this before. The OHSAA needs to step in and say that no head coach can coach AAU. Then accusations like this cannot be made, whether they are true or not. Typically a head coach has way too much on their plate during the summer to even consider coaching AAU, however Coach Hale has been able to do this and obviously it has not affected his team. You are right, it looks fishy, but until the OHSAA steps in there is not much that can be done or said. Maybe a good measuring stick might be when Coach Hale decides to stop coaching AAU and see if girls still decide they want to still want to move there and play.

This is a public forum, and sadly it shows that some people have questioned this many times. Which again proves my point that head coaches just need to stay away from AAU.

Anyway congrats to the LADY OAKS and a tremendous season. What a wonderful season for Southeastern Ohio and their representation in the state tourney!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

does broken record come to mind and its always from the same person.

there is one person on the oak hill varsity team that played in a different school district that was on one of his aau teams. lets go through this so everybody understands.

dougs aau team that won the 10u state title and were together for 4 more years.(not naming names)

2 logan players both still at logan.

2 minford players both still at minford.

3 oak hill players still at oak hill.

1 wheelersburg player who is still at wheelersburg.

1 vinton co player who is still at vinton co

that leaves one more player who for whatever reason decided to attend oak hill.

these are the facts. i know, i was there and have followed the careers of all of these fine ladies as they are a special group of kids.

it comes down to the teaching of fundamentals, all of them.

heck, minford and logan should thank him because he indirectly made their programs better, logan especially the next two years.

Oak Hill should be proud and i am pretty sure they are to have a coach like coach hale. as for kyr's quote about doug not coaching aau and success, kyr, you might want to take a look at this year. not an aau coach=state runner up. not sure how much more successful he needs to be. maybe someday he'll live up to your expectation and your success. :roll: :roll: :roll:

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

During the regular season, Regina defeated the Division I runner up, Toledo Start; the Division II champ, Hathaway Brown and the Division IV champ, Africentric. Regina was the only undefeated girls team in the state.

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

Regina is a good team, nobody can say their not, but what I was impressed by was this game was not the blow out some people said it would be. Look at the teams Regina beat and the score, then look at this game with Oak Hill and the score. That says alot about our girls staying right in the game. Hats off to the Mighty Lady Oaks for making Regina work for this title.... People now know we've got talent and it showed !!!!!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Congrats Lady Oaks on a fine season. You played extremely well against a powerhouse team. The future is bright in Oak Hill.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

digger wrote:Congrats Lady Oaks on a fine season. You played extremely well against a powerhouse team. The future is bright in Oak Hill.

So is Regina, they lose one senior starter and they can legally recruit.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

blondebomb wrote:Regina is a good team, nobody can say their [correctly spelled is - they're] not, but what I was impressed by was this game was not the blow out some people said it would be. Look at the teams Regina beat and the score, then look at this game with Oak Hill and the score. That says alot about our girls staying right in the game. Hats off to the Mighty Lady Oaks for making Regina work for this title.... People now know we've got talent and it showed !!!!!

I agree - those are my sentiments exactly!

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

15 points is not a blow out?

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Nope not when they was POUNDING the DIV STATE CHAMPS by 45 or 50 points, if my memory serves me right, at the Classic in the Country back in January.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Kenny Bixx wrote:
digger wrote:Congrats Lady Oaks on a fine season. You played extremely well against a powerhouse team. The future is bright in Oak Hill.

So is Regina, they lose one senior starter and they can legally recruit.

You keep showing how smart you are. They actually had 3 senior starters. (One going to Toledo, one to Old Dominion and one to Evansville)

SENDEM wrote:Nope not when they was POUNDING the DIV STATE CHAMPS by 45 or 50 points, if my memory serves me right, at the Classic in the Country back in January.

They beat Africentric who won the state this year in D4 70-27 this year

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

My point exactly. Regina plays tougher competition. I think it takes the Oaks time to adjust to the speed and physicalness of play. I know you guys can't control the competition not saying its your fault. They just have a better set-up during the regular season. I think that is the difference. Plus they were older. Oak Hill will be back the next two years. I firmly believe that Caudill will be unreal. I also think the Butler girl is a real scorer. I saw the box score looked like Puckett played a nice game in the finals also.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Qualified,
I think you need to learn how to proofread. Where did I not say Coach Hale was not successful? I congratulated the team on their accomplishment. I also made the remark that we have had this discussion before, then you get on here and talk about a broken record. I think all of the other programs are somewhat thankful to him to some point, whether he is coaching their girls in AAU or showing that Southeastern Ohio can have teams that compete at the state level. I don't think you can argue my point that it would be best if head coaches just did not coach AAU. It would help stop this broken record.

The Lady Oaks really did show they can hang with a state powerhouse.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

seohiofan wrote:im looking for a big game out of adkins
played very limited last night still big contributor with 6 assists
and a couple of big rebounds late
still havent figured out why she played so little

I am not the coach just a fan but Adkins had an off tournament and very uncharacteristic of her. She will shake it off and be back next year stronger than ever. Her 6 assists were countered by 6-8 turnovers so maybe that was part of the reason. She scored a total of 5 points in the state tournament but every good player has an off tourney from time to time.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

know your role wrote:Qualified,
I think you need to learn how to proofread. Where did I not say Coach Hale was not successful? I congratulated the team on their accomplishment. I also made the remark that we have had this discussion before, then you get on here and talk about a broken record. I think all of the other programs are somewhat thankful to him to some point, whether he is coaching their girls in AAU or showing that Southeastern Ohio can have teams that compete at the state level. I don't think you can argue my point that it would be best if head coaches just did not coach AAU. It would help stop this broken record.

The Lady Oaks really did show they can hang with a state powerhouse.

ok, lets go out and get all the coach's that really care about a sport, want to actually teach that sport, and lets tell them they CAN'T just to help some people sleep better at night.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

congratulations lady oaks!! we are all proud

FudgeRound847
Waterboy

Post by FudgeRound847 »

lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:
seohiofan wrote:im looking for a big game out of adkins
played very limited last night still big contributor with 6 assists
and a couple of big rebounds late
still havent figured out why she played so little

I am not the coach just a fan but Adkins had an off tournament and very uncharacteristic of her. She will shake it off and be back next year stronger than ever. Her 6 assists were countered by 6-8 turnovers so maybe that was part of the reason. She scored a total of 5 points in the state tournament but every good player has an off tourney from time to time.

Lady Oaks fan? hmm don't seem like it... has 2 off games and everyone complains... GET A GRIP! :roll:

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Qualified,
This is my last comment on this topic, there is no need to get fired up. Since your daughter has reached the JV/Varsity level you should understand how much time a head coach invests in their own team over the offseason and summer. With summer leagues, camps and shootouts it is very demanding on a head coach and their players. When you throw in AAU it can become overwhelming. Obviously it has not been too rough on Coach Hale, as you have pointed out.

You know there are plenty of coaches in the stands every game that are chomping at the bit to show their daughter or son how good of a coach they are, AAU can be their chance to shine. I know that you know Doug well, but I am just saying people will always second guess AAU players leaving and going to other schools when a head coach of that school has a hand in AAU.

We can debate this until the cows come home, for now you are right and those coaches have the right. So you win and I concede. It has been all in good fun. I am just trying to give a view from both perspectives.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Know your role,
qualified knows it all so there is no debate. just concede and move on. It takes two fools to have an argument. :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”