minford @oak hill

son of busdriver
Waterboy

Re: minford @oak hill

Post by son of busdriver »

Oakhill proved again that they are a good ball team, I really think Minford had an off night, they are a much better team than they showed last night. Oakhill is a good pressing team and Minford will work on that, they didn't have any trouble against chillicothe. As eveyone has complained about the refs, they were either inexperienced or just didn't know the game.No calls on 3 seconds or moving picks and first time I ever saw a game held up so a coach could finish telling his team what to do, but Minford lost the game by turnovers and not being able to handle the press. I listen to the girls at school and they are enjoying theirselves, for the first time in years, they are friends and are very team oriented. I think they like playing for a coach that is not screaming in their faces, or slamming clipboards. So I think you all should lay off Coach Chaney and if you want Conley, go hire her for your girls. We got girls back on our team that we missed having because of her.

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

son are you serious? the only team ball played was by the lady oaks. the lady falcons would pass and shoot. no offensive plays (oh maybe one) no screens set for anyone and i've have seen it and heard about it over and over again. and getting beat by 22+ had nothing to do with the refs. i would hope the lady falcons are friends and teammates and would take care of each other on and off the court. but if it is all about just having fun, scared of being yelled at, someone in their face, scared of having your coach correct the mistakes and thinking you don't have a job to do while on the court and not being serious about the game then go play street ball. im not saying conley is or was the answer and not giving the new coach a hard time or a chance but there is a need for disipline and didn't see it. i saw this game coming and was correct on the outcome.

good luck to both teams throughout the rest of your season. i hope to make it to the rematch game.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

team ball beats individuals everytime if you are looking for a 30 40 point scorer you wont find many at oak hill not because they cant its cause they won't they take pride in always making the pass ahead if a teammate is ahead of you on floor get them the ball .other than a few times by one of the younger girls the lady oaks always pass ahead but im sure with time they all will be very team oriented or they will find themselves on the bench being replaced by someone that is
thats just the way that program is ran only team goals count

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Seohio--that is the only way to play basketball. And your team was successful because of it. I totally agree with the last 2 posts, our deficiencies were evident. Minford has the talent, it's up to them what kind of team they want to be, they just played the best example of what they can become with lots of hard work and team play.

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

Some of you Minford fans aren't what i would consider "fans".
You get on here and dog your team after an upsetting loss.
Especially saying there not a team... and they weren't playing like one,
i think they were trying awlful hard to win that game!
You can see from the young ladies faces they were frustrated with themselves,
they sure don't need there so called fans getting on here making it worse
and saying they don't do this and don't do that, thats what the Coach
is for, you need to let him handle it, and lay off the girls, they had a bad
night plain and simple, alot of turnovers and didn't handle the press well,
end of story, (oak hill played "tremendous" game) that's no reason to down Minford's team so much. Enough! Some of you didn't sound so disappointed with them when they beat Chilly, how did things change so much within a week? Didn't hear all these complaints then! Bottom line- win some- lose some. You have good games you have bad games. It happens!
If i recall, same thing happened last year, your happy when they win, turncoat when they lose.

son of busdriver
Waterboy

Good post Scout, up until this game, all summer included, these girl have played as a team.No they didn't play team ball at Oakhill, they just did not play ball.Conley had no control of her team, I never saw anyone taken out for trying to put on a one man show.I have sat at the games with former coaches and heard over and over"what the heck of a defence or offence is she trying to run.We got a bunch of fine young ladies and great ball players, lets get behind them and quit trying to make them feel one is any better than the other, I have never seen one player win a game by themselves, but I have seen a few try.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Being a fan, which most of us are, doesn't mean you can't learn from your mistakes. And we are not dogging the girls. But if you don't see them..they'll never be corrected! That's why you practice...

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:
seohiofan wrote:any predictions?

What ever the Oak Hill ALLSTARS want it to be!!!!

Just as I said. Oak Hill will be able to score what ever they want on any given night. IMO the only chance any team in the SOC has against them is let the air out of the ball and really slow things down, but at that it takes a good ball handling team to play keep-away.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

if the fans at the game can see that one or two players not playing team ball .. this has been said several times on here. how and the world does the head coach and his bench coaches not seethis. i would rather take a loss with team players than get beat with a bunch of players who thinks all about them.. no I in TEAM......

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

bushmaster great post. i think all the fans from both sides saw what happened and that's what everyone is talking about. i thought i would be watching a closer game but couldn't believe what was going on out on the floor and the lady falcons coach and staff continued to allow them to play that way. if the fans could see it why couldn't the coach see it? i have been a big fan of the lady falcons and lady oaks and always enjoyed watching them compete. i just hope for the lady falcons sake there are some changes. this game is over and hoping to catch a game on monday. good luck to both teams.

son of busdriver
Waterboy

Just got home from the boys game, good win over Jackson 55-48. I wish the people that keep crying over and over that a few players are not playing team ball would let us all know who they are and maybe we could see what you are talking about. Yes we did have that problem until this season, but until the Oaks game I have seen nothing but girls playing as a team. Like Scout said you could see how upset the girls were and how hard they were trying.

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

Some of you people are pathetic. You get on here and say things
that are so critical and insulting to young girls, and there coaches.
Its high school basketball, there not getting paid for it, its suppose
to be fun for them, (yes competitive-but fun) get a life,
and stop acting like its the end of the world because they lost a game!
If you have an issue with the Coach (sounds like some of you do--
actually sounds like you think you know more than the coaches),
then address it with him, to his face, and stop getting on here venting
at the kids expense. I don't think this forum was
created to insult kids they way some of you have been.
These posts that followed after this game is quit embarrassing!

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

1. I thjought Coach Conley was an excellent game coach who could get her team to play very hard. I think her harsh methods wore out her players and it was time for her to move on. Coach Conley usually seemed to be in command of her team in a game. Timeouts, adjustments, change defenses.

2. I am not critical of the players in the game. They played very hard but they fell apart as the game progressed, Early in the third quarter Oak Hill was up 33.-31 and I think by the end of the quarter Oak Hill was up 55-38.

3. During that run Oak Hill did what Oak Hill does pass the ball, keep someone at the three point line and get a player in the paint on a spin move. Minford ws not able to adjust to it and stayed in man to man even when getting beat constantly. Isn't there an obvious defensive adjustment to this?

4. Minford's coach seemed very passive in all of this and as that quarter and the game progressed made not attempt to control his team.

5. Minford has turn over after turnover in the second half. I did not see any half court offense that they were able to get into, I did not see any picks against a half court man to man,

6. Everybody is capable of a bad game, a player or a coach. I don't fault the coach when shots aren't dropping. I don't understand watching your team fall apart but play hard without exerting control.

7. I didn't reall see anyone on Minford hogging the ball. There were a couple of time some obvious down the floor passes were missed but a player doesn't see everthing. What I saw were very high risk passes in the 3d and 4th quarter that may have worked against West but not a team with the atheletes and quickness Oak Hill has. That is where I hoped the Minford coach would have recognized his tem was falling apart and exerted control.

8. Oak Hill is a hard place to play. THe game was poorly refereed and not in favor of either team. THe game was extremely rough.

9 I don't really care if players like a coach or not. I think respect is the key word. I have an open mind on our coach. I m hoping he just had a bad game.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Who insulted a player??? or a coach??? Excuse me but this is what's wrong with people today. What do you want us to do? Pat them on the back and say 'thats ok, maybe next time!' If you ever want to win, and get better, you recognize your weaknesses and address them. Fix the lack of defense by some. Put the ball in the hands of people who aren't going to throw it away. Have better ball rotation and find the open person. Keep your composure!!!!!!! It's easy to win games by 70 and involve everyone, but when you face good teams, as we will, have the confidence that everyone can contribute and do what it takes to play your personal best. I'm sorry, Ive watched Minford for years, that certainly wasn't their best. They are capable of great basketball, they just lost it. I think they have a great coaching staff and I'm sure by RECOGNIZING what didn't work, they will address it. Leave Coach Conley out of this, she's no longer with us and had no effect on this game. I think these girls are exceptional young ladies and their coaching staff is great with these girls. I support both 100%. But that doesn't mean they're perfect and we can't discuss where things broke down. That's the only way to learn and be successful in the future! Good luck girls! Everyone know what you're capable of, let's just do it!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”