Jackson Ironladies????

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

how did the scrimmage go?

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

It was ugly and painful. Jackson lost one guard to a severe ankle sprain probably out two weeks. Lost another guard to a concussion probably out a week.

I think it is safe to say that Northwest is rebuilding.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

jackson1 wrote:I think it is safe to say that Northwest is rebuilding.

i think thats a pretty fair statement

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

What in the world is going on in the Ironlady program this year? I'm not sure why the girls "played" the way they did Saturday night. They did not seem to be enjoying themselves at all. Is this an indication on how the new coach is going to coach them this year?

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

We go to Huntington Ross Saturday to kick off the season

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO IRONLADIES!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think it's only fair to wait for the season to judge the coach.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

good point ironman 92.

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

Jackson lost to Huntington last night 56-40. Jackson has a pretty good team and will win quite a few games this year. Huntington is a very solid team led by Lydia Bridenbaugh. She's been the POY in the SVC the last two years and Jackson had no chance of stopping her. Huntington’s pressure really seemed to bother Jackson at times. If they have a couple of players out with injuries maybe when they return this might not be problem. Good luck to the Ironladies the rest of the year.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Jackson travels to Gallia tonight for an important SEOAL game. Good Luck Ironladies!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats on defeating teh Lady Blue Devils/Angels

What impressed me though is that the entire varsity/JV coaching staff and all players 9th-12th were in attendance for nearly the entirety of the 7th and 8th grade ball games. That's great to see and a great showing of how much the current staff cares....from the last girl off the 7th grade bench to the very top.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

92, Did both grades win?

We have Warren for a rare Friday night game this week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

7th grade won 20-13 and all 13 girls played.

8th grade lost 20-17 in OT to a team that trounced them last year. Athens had 2 5'10-5'11 girls who are very good and athletic....coach and players made adjustment and missed a ft with 1 second left that could have won it for Jackson.

The girls are fortunate to have two very experienced coaches at the jr high level. Coach Potter has coached at Jackson at various levels for about 20 years and was varsity coach for the boys in the middle 90's and the 8th grade coach Wooten I believe has over 500 combined wins as a jr high coach at Eastern Pike....even coaching the state's all-time scoring leader Marlene Stollings.

Many jr highs just let whoever coach.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

92, you are right on the money there. Are you coming tonight?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I made it a tad late

51-31 Warren

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Jackson is coming off a DISTANT 12 point loss to Groveport Madison(nothing like going to Cols. on a Monday night. Love that scheduling).

Jackson hopes to bounce back against Ironton on Saturday night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah...if Groveport Madison and Jackson isn't a rivalry waiting to happen, I don't know what is.

Makes for a short week.

db98
Waterboy

Post by db98 »

I watched the first half of this game(first time seeing the girls). the first thing that struck me is that there is no size on this team, everyone was 5'6" it seemed. To win in Columbus you need to be either big or really fast

I was really impressed with the defensive hustle, the offensive ball movement has room for improvement. They missed a few points because they were not crisp getting the ball up the court on breaks.

Overall I left feeling good about the Jackson girls, I think there is room for improvement and they will get better.

Groveport on the other hand looked sloppy, if they play that way in the OCC they will be lucky to go .400
Good luck Iron Ladies

The biggest question I had was why would they schedule a trip like that on a school night, especially Monday?

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

db, there has been so much written and said about the condition of the Jackson Athletic program. To speak to it would be a rehash of things already known.

Saturday Jackson looks to rebound and travels to Portsmouth. Looks like the weather may play havoc with the game. They should move it up earlier in the afternoon. There will only be half of the JV game due to Portsmouths #s on the JV.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Gallia travels to Jackson to kick off the second half of the basketball season. Jackson is 3-6.

Return to “Girls Basketball”